Nothing beats the smoothness of lighting your favorite candle, but only a few people achieve their favorite candles are produced with chemical-filled waxes, perfumes, and colours that may affect our health in a variety of ways. However, we have discovered a fantastic substitute for ready-made candles, and that is none other than handcrafted DIY soy wax candles. You'll be pleased to learn that producing your soy candle scents at home is both easy and economical.
Soy wax flakes is made from soybeans, and for that reason, it is completely safe to use. Since it is claimed to be more ecologically friendly than paraffin or beeswax, soy candle provides a remarkable value to the candles. They also add to the ambiance, warm up a space, and just look good on a shelf. These candles make stunning gift ideas as well.
How To Make Soy Wax Candles at Home
The best part about homemade soy wax candles is that they are simple to make by hand since they only require a few basic equipments and a few ingredients. Let's look at the recipe below to see how to manufacture soy candles at home.
Soy Wax Candle Making Supplies:
- Soy Wax Flakes: Organic Soy Wax Flakes are also known as vegetable wax since they are created from hydrogenated soybean oil. It has an off-white and opaque look that is ideal for manufacturing personalized candles. Soy wax flakes are the most environmentally friendly type of wax since they are natural, recyclable, and renewable.
- Essential Oils: They are oils that have been synergistically synthesized from different parts of plants in order to keep their natural qualities and usefulness over an extended period of time. Essential oils are ideal for adding aroma or perfume to candles and are a wonderful alternative to chemical-based fragrance oils.
- Pre-waxed Candle Wick: Pure cotton is used to make pre-waxed candle wicks. The candles using cotton wicks burn cleanly and produce little smoke. Furthermore, the flame of the wicks is extremely broad and stable, allowing them to be readily inserted in any sort of candle.
- Glass Jar: Candle Jars are easy to use and make candles appear beautiful. They keep the wax from dripping on your decorations and may be reused for a long period. Scented candles placed in these jars keep their scent for a longer period of time.
- Candle Dye: Brilliantly coloured candle powder contains a high-grade colouring component which provides a unique hue to the candles. It has a fantastic capacity to generate matte and depth effects in all sorts of Candle. Candle dye is non-toxic and safe to use.
Homemade DIY Scented Soy Wax Candles Making
Making soy wax candles is very simple since soy wax is not complicated, unlike the other waxes commonly used in commercial candles. Scented soy candles also burn cleaner and for a longer amount of time than other candles.
All of the components for producing DIY Soy candles are readily available in local shops, and the recipe is also pretty simple. Take a look at the supplies and recipe for making your soy wax candles at home:
Candle Materials You Need:
- Soy Wax Flakes - 2 cups
- Wooden Spoon
- Rosemary Essential Oils - 15-18 Drops
- Candle Dye
- Pre-waxed Candle Wick
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder
- Glass Dish
- Double Boiler
- Wick Sustainer
- Candle Jars
Step-by-Step Recipe of Soy Wax Candles
Making candles are very creative and fun activity to do for teenagers or business persons as it is easy to make, good profit margins and low manufacturing cost. Learn how to make scented soy wax candles step by step here:
Step 1: Melt The Soy Wax Flakes
Set the soy wax flakes in a glass dish over a pot with about one-third of the water poured, producing a double boiler. Allow it to heat, occasionally stirring with a wooden spatula, until the wax is soft and pourable. Alternatively, you may melt the wax in the microwave, one minute at a time.
Step 2: Mix In The Essential Oil And Candle Dye With The Melted Wax
Allow your wax to cool for 1 to 2 minutes once it has completely melted. Stir in your chosen essential oil or essential oil combination into the heated wax. Mix it thoroughly to ensure that the essential oil is properly blended.
Step 3: Insert The Wick Of The Candle Into The Candle Jar
Place the wick in the container. Put a little amount of wax in the centre of the container's bottom. Insert the wick until it reaches the wax, allowing enough wick at the top to hang over the container's end.
Step 4: Use A Candle Wick Holder To Secure The Candle
Hold the wick in place until the wax hardens, then use a wick holder to pinch the wick's top end and put it over the top of the container, maintaining the wick centred and upright.
Step 5: Transfer The Molten Wax To The Candle Jar
Pour the wax over the top. Stir the wax until smooth, then carefully pour it into the container. Make sure the wick is upright in the candle jar.
Step 6: Allow The Candle Wax To Cool
Allow the wax to harden overnight. Trim the excess wick the next day, and your soy candle is ready to use!
Step 7: Decorate The Jar
To decorate your candle jar, tie a simple ribbon or piece of yarn around the neck. You may also design a personalized tag and put it in your jar to add a personal touch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We are confident that knowing so much about DIY soy wax candles would have intrigued you in making your very own soy candles at home. However, here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding handcrafted soy wax candles that may dispel your remaining doubts.
Q: Can I Use Scented Wax Cubes To Make Candles?
A: Yes, you can use any form of candle wax, be it cubes, flakes, pellets, or any other, for candle making. Just make sure that the wax should be fine enough to melt easily.
Q: Paraffin Wax Or Soy Wax For Candle Making?
A: Soy wax is a better option for candle making if you are looking for a wax that burns clean and for a longer period of time.
Q: Soy Flakes Or Soy Pallets Or Soy Beads For Candle Making?
A: Soy flakes are the most preferred soy wax form because they are easy to melt and customize for candle making.
Q: How Much Wax Do I Need For Candle Making?
A: To make 1 jar of candle, you need to take ½ to ¾ cup of candle wax.
Q: Where To Buy Soy Wax For Candle Making in India?
A: VedaOils is a place to go if you want to get your hands on the best quality natural soy wax in India. Their candle waxes are 100% chemical and toxin-free.
Soy wax is the finest choice for manufacturing homemade candles since it is non-toxic and burns slowly for a longer period of time. Vegans can also choose soy candles over others since they are entirely plant-based and support farmers. Making beautiful soy candles is a simple procedure.
Do you know where you can get candle-making supplies? Look no further than VedaOils for the highest quality candle supplies at the most reasonable pricing. Have a good time making candles.
You May Also Like:
- How To Make A Candle Without Wax at Home
- Candle Making With Paraffin Wax
- Wood Wick Vs Cotton Wick For Candle Making
- How To Prevent Candle Tunneling
- How To Start Candle Making Business In India