Filling your room, workspace or living area with the fragrance of scented wax melts that are infused with the goodness of essential oils is both rejuvenating and refreshing for the mind and body.
Rather than burning traditional candles, essential oils based scented wax melts bring in the double benefit of health and calmness that has a lasting impact. Here we share with you some secrets of making scented wax melts and how these candles can not only light up your room with aroma but also your life with joy.
Top 5 Essential Oil-Scented Wax Melts
Here is our list of the Top 5 essential oils for scented wax melts that make the perfect wax melts and uplift your mood like none other. Each of these oils impart a special character to your homemade DIY recipe of wax melts enhancing your experience and senses with their long lasting scents.
- Lavender Essential Oil : With its calming and balancing properties, lavender essential oil is a top pick for creating a clean and clear aroma with your wax melts. They fill the air with a floral scent that refreshes the mind and induces calmness.
- Peppermint Piperita Essential Oil : The strong mint aroma of the peppermint piperita essential oil instantly boosts your wax melts with a minty aroma that is remarkably refreshing and rejuvenating. It helps to calm the nerves and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Lemon Essential Oil: : The strong citric scent of the lemon essential oil makes your wax melts smell fresh and sweet infusing energy in your environment and giving you an instant kick of emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Frankincense Essential Oil : With a strong camphor aroma and an undertone of citrus scent frankincense essential oil makes an ideal ingredient for your scented wax melts. It has a sweet warm smell that lingers for long even after the wax melts go cold.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: The purifying and antiseptic aroma of the tea tree oil enhances the value of your wax melts giving them a medicinal and therapeutic scent with a subtle spicy aroma. It cleanses the air with its warm aromas and soothing fragrance.
Homemade Scented Wax Melts Recipe
Here is a simple DIY recipe of a scented wax melt using simple and minimalistic ingredients. With just a few steps you get a superb scented wax melt that actually fills the air around you with some soothing aromas unlike market bought max welts that have a weak fragrance that is hardly detectable.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 oz
- Natural Soy Wax Pellets - 2 Cups
- Lavender Essential Oil - 40 Drops
- Cedarwood Essential Oil - 30 Drops
- Vetiver Essential Oil - 20 Drops
Step 1: In a slow cooker place the cooker liner and pour in 2 cups of soy wax pellets to melt the wax. Place the cooker on slow heat and let the wax melt for about a couple of hours.
Step 2: Once the wax is completely melted add 40 drops of lavender essential oils, 30 drops cedarwood essential oil and 20 drops vetiver essential oil and stir to mix well.
Step 3: Carefully remove the slow cooker liner with the melted wax and place it in a glass measuring cup.
Step 4: Folding the plastic liner over the lip of the glass measuring cup pour the melted wax into the silicone mold. The above quantity makes about 12 scented wax melts. Allow the wax to sit in the mold for a few hours and let it cool completely before you pop them out.
While making scented wax melts is easy using them is also convenient and gives a fabulous experience. These homemade scented wax melts not only light up your space but also infuse calmness with their soothing aroma and fragrances. So the next time you choose relax just don’t pick up your mug of favourite coffee but also light up a couple of scented wax melts and see your space transform into heaven magically.
FAQ Related to Scented Wax Melts?
Q. What essential oils are good for wax melts?
Ans. Using high quality essential oils with natural fragrances make good scented wax melts that have a long lasting and lingering aroma even after the wax goes cold.
Q. What is the safest wax melts to use?
Ans. Wax melts made of soy or beeswax are the best wax melts to use in your candles. They absorb the fragrance of the essential oils easily giving you a pleasant experience.
Q. What is the healthiest wax to burn?
Ans. Soy and beeswax melts are the safest wax to burn in your house as they are non-toxic and last longer as compared to paraffin wax. The fumes and aroma of these wax melts is natural with no toxic fumes.
Q. How often do you change wax melts?
Ans. Once the fragrance subsides, it is recommended that you change the wax melts. Usually, good quality wax melts have a long shelf-life and can be used multiple times. The fragrance lasts for about 8-12 hours and once the aroma fades, it is time to change the wax melts.