Ginger Hydrosol Water
Ginger hydrosol is got by steam distillation of fresh ginger. It is obtained at the same extraction process of ginger oil. Ginger hydrosol has a fresh gingery scent that strong, warming and spicy.
Ginger Hydrosol Water Benefits
- Analgesic : When applied on skin, ginger hydrosol has a warming and numbing effect. This shows it has strong analgesic properties. It can be sprayed on a cotton round and dabbed on the forehead to relieve headaches. It can also be sprayed on arthritic pain and muscle sprain and strains.
- Antiseptic : The antiseptic qualities of ginger hydrosol make it effective in treating infections. It can be taken in water and honey to fight infections from the inside-out. Simply add 2 tsp to a glass of warm water then add enough raw honey to taste.
- Detoxifier : Ginger is so invigorating and detoxifying. It stimulates circulation of wastes and toxins from stagnant places in the body to sites of elimination. Have a detox bath with ginger hydrosol (recipe below). You can also use ginger hydrosol as the wetting agent in a detox body wrap.
- Warming : Ginger hydrosol is warming, especially during the cold winter. Use it to make ginger beer and other warming drinks. It can also be added to tea to make it spicy and warming to the body.
- Grounding & Balancing Scent : The warm spicy and fresh scent of ginger hydrosol has a grounding effect on individuals. Place 100 ml or more of ginger hydrosol in a cold air diffuser to strengthen your mind, make firm decisions and promote a sense of balance and control.
- Digestive Aid : Add 1 tsp of ginger hydrosol to a glass of warm honey water to help with digestive problems such as gas, constipation, stomach cramps and indigestion. It can also help nausea and vomiting when sprayed or diffused around or taken internally.
How to Use Ginger Hydrosol Water?
- Detox Bath : Run a warm bath and throw in 1 cup of Epsom salts. When the bath is draw, add ½ to 1 cup of ginger hydrosol. Soak for at least 15 minutes to sweat out the wastes and detoxify your entire body.
- Aftershave for Men : In a fine mist spray bottle, combine ¼ cup of rose geranium hydrosol with ¼ cup of ginger hydrosol. This creates a beautiful masculine scented solution that effectively tones skin and soothes it.
- Cleansing Body Mist : In an amber glass spray bottle combine ½ cup of juniper berry hydrosol with ¼ cup of wild Canadian ginger hydrosol and ¼ cup of basil hydrosol. Spray this all over skin for a cleansing effect. It can also be misted on congested skin.
- Liver Cleanse : Chop up 1 large red apple, 2 beets, a small bunch of spinach and 1 inch of ginger root. Now add it to a juicer. Collect in a tall glass then stir in 1 tsp Greenland moss hydrosol and 1 tbsp wild ginger hydrosol. Sip slowly to assist in liver detoxification and cleansing.
- Cream of Carrot Soup : You will need the following ingredients: 5 cups water or stock, ½ teaspoons sea salt, 4 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped, 1 small parsnip, peeled and coarsely chopped, 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and coarsely chopped, 1 tablespoon wild ginger hydrosol, 1 tablespoon cinnamon hydrosol and 4 drops black pepper essential oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?