- Decyl Glucoside
Decyl Glucoside is a natural surfactant that is derived naturally from fatty alcohols (plant-based) and glucose i.e. starch or sugar. It is a better alternative to artificial surfactants as it is mild and gentle on your skin. Therefore, it is used in multiple personal care and cosmetic products. Its excellent foam forming properties make it an effective cosmetic ingredient in bath gels, shower gels, body washes, etc.
Moreover, Decyl Glucoside can be blended with Cocamidopropyl Betaine or natural foaming agents to improve the malleability and smoothness of cosmetic formulas. It does not affect the stability or volume when blended with other surfactants which enhances its usability and compatibility with other ingredients.
It is 100% natural and obtained from vegetable oils of plant origin. Decyl Glucoside makes the products skin-friendly and does not alter the viscosity or performance in any way. Also, it is bio-degradable in nature and therefore, it does not harm the environment as well. It is an amber hued liquid that has a typical odor.
Decyl Glucoside Benefits
- Due to its mild and gentle formulation, it does not cause skin dryness or irritation. Also, it is suitable for all skin types. It does not produce any side effects when used on skin and can also be used in baby care products.
- Due to its effective foaming ability of decyl glucoside, you can use it in anti-dandruff shampoos, hair gels, and other hair care products.
- It also helps your skin pores to retain moisture and therefore, it can be used with other ingredients in skin care products. It also reduces inflammation when paired with the right ingredients.
- It can eliminate the surface tension that exists between liquids and therefore, it proves to be helpful in removing toxins and impurities from cosmetic formulations.
- The deep cleansing effect of Decyl Glucoside makes it an important addition in cleansing products. It removes oil, dirt, impurities, and toxics seamlessly and does not remove the essential oils that are needed to maintain the balance of your skin.
How to Use Decyl Glucoside?
When combined with other surfactants, Decyl Glucoside creates the desired level of foam in formulas. It is compatible and works well with Cocamidopropyl Betaine. The maximum usage level can be up to 40%. While using face wash and other cleansing products, the recommended level usage can range between 10 and 20% whereas the concentration level can vary between 15 and 30% when you intend to use it for shampoos, shower gels, bath foams, etc.
Decyl Glucoside Specifications
- Applications: Shampoos, body washes, cleansers, skin conditioners, bath foams, etc. contain Decyl Glucoside as an important ingredient.
- Raw material source: Vegetable oils & Glucose
- Manufacturing process: It is produced by esterification of fatty alcohol obtained from coconut and/or palm oil and glucose.
- CAS Number: 54549-25-6
- INCI Name: Decyl Glucoside
- PH Level: 11 to 12
- Tested on Animals?: No
- GMO: It is GMO-free but does not carry a certificate to validate that.
- Vegan: Vegans can use this product as it does not contain any ingredients that are obtained from animals.