Nagarmotha Liquid Extract
Commonly known as ‘Nut grass', Nagarmotha is a perennial herb often considered as a weed in many parts of the world. The root of this nut grass plant has high medicinal values and is richly valued in Ayurvedic medicine. The liquid extracts from its seeds and roots (rhizomes) are hugely valued and used in the perfume and aromatic industry.
The antispasmodic and carminative properties of Nagarmotha liquid extract make it a very effective remedy for treating stomach disorders. The anti-diarrheal property helps in preventing watery tools due to the presence of active flavonoids. Rich in antioxidants, it helps in controlling Diabetes and regulating blood sugar levels. This property also prevents cell damage caused by free radicals, thus protecting the body from infections. It is also useful in treating skin infections and skin irritations effectively. Its antimicrobial property helps it to act as a defence against bacterial and fungal infections.
Liquid Nagarmotha Extract is used widely in aromatherapy and is used as a tranquillizer like Vetiver. It helps to calm the mind, treat insomnia and promote peace and emotional balance. In India, it is also used to scent saris and textiles, and clothing.
Nagarmotha Liquid Extract Benefits
- Beneficial for the Skin: Regular use of Nagarmotha Extract helps in reducing the redness and irritation associated with skin disorders like dermatitis and psoriasis. It reduces inflammation, dryness, and flaking of the skin. The anti-bacterial benefits help in controlling and preventing acne.
- Delays Signs of Aging: Loaded with the benefits of antioxidants and flavonoids, Nagarmotha extract plays a crucial role in easing oxidative stress, thereby delaying aging and its symptoms like fine lines and wrinkles. It also acts effectively in skin lightening, reducing pores, and rejuvenating dull skin. It reduces the formation of skin pigmentation, thereby giving the skin a fairer look.
- Relieves Stomach Disorders: Nagarmotha liquid extract have decongestive abilities that cure diarrhea and other stomach disorders. It is also effective in treating intestinal worms. It helps to bind the stools in case of a tummy upset.
- Helpful in Treating Body Ailments: Extracts from Nagarmotha shrub is extremely beneficial in treating various illnesses like fever, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and other uric acid-related issues. It effectively treats general debility, painful menstruation, stones of the kidney, and non-specific colitis.
- Used in Perfume and Skincare Industry: Nagarmotha extracts are extensively used in the perfume and incense stick industry. Because of its antimicrobial properties, it is also used in mosquito repellants and a variety of cosmetic and skincare products.
- Stabilizes Menstrual Flow: Nagarmotha liquid extract stimulates blood flow in the pelvic area and uterus thus increasing menstrual flow and regularizing unstable menstruations in women.
How To Use Nagarmotha Liquid Extract?
2% to 5% mix is recommended for use in formulations. Take about 2-3 drops of liquid nagarmotha extract and add it to 2 oz of juice or water up to 4 times a day. Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
Nagarmotha Liquid Extract Specifications
- Botanical Name: Cyperus Rotundus
- Common Name: Nagarmotha, Nut Grass, Motha
- Raw Material Source: Roots of the Nagarmotha shrub
- Manufacturing Process: Extracted under strict quality standards and procedures from certified quality Nut grass dried rhizome through the steam distillation process.
- GMO: GMO-Free
- CAS Number: NA
- INCI Name: Cyperus Rotundus
- For Vegans: Yes, as it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Form: Liquid
- Other Ingredients: NA
Note: No herb-drug interactions are known but caution should be observed with external applications. The application in their prescribed doses may be considered safe.