Licorice Root Extract (mulethi)
Licorice Root Extract is prepared from the roots of Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) which is also known as Mulethi in many parts of India. It is mainly used in cosmetic applications due to its skin lightening and anti-inflammatory benefits.
It is also used in the treatment of various skin issues and conditions. Licorice extract comprises almost 300 natural compounds that give it antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties. As it contains powerful antioxidants, it also exhibits anti-aging properties.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, licorice root extract can be used in products that are formulated to heal itchiness or skin irritation. We employ the best quality and safety standards to provide the best quality products to our customers.
No chemicals or synthetic additives are used while making organic liquorice liquid extract. As a result, it is completely safe and skin-friendly. It is rich in vitamin C which is a vital ingredient in most cosmetic and skincare formulations.
Pure Licorice extract has the ability to defend your skin from environmental factors and external hazards. Therefore, you can think of it as a multi-purpose cosmetic ingredient. Though it does not cause any skin irritation, it is better to do a patch test on your skin before topical application.
Licorice Root Extract Benefits
- Reduce Sun Spots Naturally: Its powerful ingredients and antioxidants protect your skin from sun damage and even reverse the damage that may have occurred due to harmful UV rays.
- Good for Dark circles & Dark Spots: Licorice extract proves to be useful for removing blemishes and dark spots from your skin. Also, it proves effective against hyper pigmentation. Skin conditions like eczema, acne, dull skin, etc. can be treated using it as one of the ingredients.
- Skin Lightening Properties: It contains a compound called Glabridin that lightens your skin naturally. It also contains Liquitrin that breaks down the melanin and prevents the formation of pigments.
- Good Antioxidant: The main antioxidant of extract liquorice is Glycyrrhizin that protects your skin from damage and environmental hazards. It stops the process of skin aging and helps to maintain the youthfulness of your skin in the long run.
- For Acne & Scars: Its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties prove to be soothing and effective against skin infection and irritation. It also proves to be useful to fade scar marks that might have occurred due to injuries or cuts.
- Flawless Skin: Glabridin Liquorice liquid extract promotes the production of collagen and elastin that makes your skin tight and flawless. This extract also contains amino acids that moisturize your skin naturally. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines seamlessly to give your face a flawless appearance.
How to use it?
The recommended usage level of mulethi root extract should not exceed 2% when you add it to skincare and cosmetic formulas. It is formulated only for external purposes.
Mulethi Root Extract Specifications
- Applications: Skin protection creams, lotions, anti-aging products, anti-acne solutions, and other cosmetic and skincare applications comprise it as one of the vital cosmetic ingredients
- INCI Name: Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Root Extract
- Other Name: Liquorice
- CAS Number: NA
- Raw material Source: Roots of Licorice Plant
- Manufacturing Process: Licorice extract is made by using a solution of glycerol and distilled water through a process called solvent extraction. It is further preserved using Sodium Benzoate and other natural preservatives.
- Tested on animals?: No
- GMO: GMO-free
- Shelf Life:1 Year
- Vegan: Vegans can use it as it does not contain animal-derived ingredients.