People prefer to use turmeric for skin because of its numerous benefits and therapeutic properties. It is one of the famous face care herbs because of its ability to lighten the skin naturally. However, this magical ingredient's antiseptic and bactericidal properties make turmeric an ideal ingredient for cleansing the body.
Therefore, many manufacturers include it as one of the key ingredients in body scrubs. Due to its skin lightening properties, it makes the dark spots and uneven skin tone less prominent. Today, we will see how to use turmeric to make DIY body scrubs that treat dark spots and give you a perfect complexion!
Why should Turmeric Body Scrub be used?
We have already discussed how beneficial turmeric body scrub is for treating dark spots and uneven skin tone. Apart from that, organic turmeric powder contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it soothes redness or skin inflammation and makes your skin healthy. Moreover, the powerful antioxidants in natural turmeric allow it to tackle numerous skin issues quickly. Using it in body scrubs can also keep your skin clean and safe from microbes.
Benefits of Turmeric Body Scrub
Using turmeric body scrub for dark spots is beneficial because of its healing properties. Some of the key benefits of using turmeric body scrub for dark spots are highlighted below:
1. Removes Dead Skin Cells - DIY turmeric scrub is an excellent skin exfoliator. Due to this, it cleans out dead skin cells, dust, dirt, and other impurities from your skin and gives it a bright and even complexion. By cleansing the skin, it gives a smooth texture and beautiful complexion to your skin.
2. Boost Healing - The potent anti-inflammatory compounds present in DIY turmeric body scrub heal your skin. Therefore, it will heal naturally if you are suffering from irritation or redness. Moreover, the skin-regenerative properties of turmeric expedite the healing process and provide instant relief from cuts, scars, and minor wounds.
3. Banish Dark Circles - The dark circles around your eyes give an ugly look to your face. You can minimize the dark circles by using turmeric body scrub on your face. The skin lightening properties of pure turmeric fade the dark circles. Moreover, improving the blood circulation in the area rejuvenates the skin and reduces the puffiness around your eyes.
4. Clear Blemishes - Blemishes are mainly caused due to acne, and the antibacterial properties of turmeric prevent the blemishes from swelling, whereas the soothing properties tame down their redness. As a result, the blemishes are eventually minimized, and you get a clear and glowing complexion.
5. Reduce Stretch Marks - Stretch marks make your skin appear dull and ugly. Turmeric included in the scrub will fade the stretch marks and the potent antioxidants that make the skin cells healthy and make your skin elastic and smooth. As a result, the stretch marks eventually disappear as your skin becomes soft and smooth.
Turmeric Sugar Scrub for Dark Spots Recipe
Turmeric Sugar Scrub mainly consists of sugar crystals and turmeric. If you use this scrub on your face, it is recommended that you use brown sugar as it is gentle on delicate and sensitive skin. However, white granular sugar crystals should be used if you want to make a body scrub with powerful cleansing properties.
Turmeric Honey Sugar Body Scrub
Turmeric Honey Sugar Body Scrub is a perfect blend of honey, sugar crystals, and turmeric. While turmeric takes care of skin issues, sugar crystals cleanse the skin while honey enhances its texture. It is a beautiful scrub for both the face and body.
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Honey - 1 tsp.
Method of Making Turmeric Honey Sugar Scrub
Before initiating the process of making this DIY turmeric honey sugar scrub, ensure that you get pure and natural turmeric. Also, take fine crystals of sugar or brown sugar if you are planning to use this scrub on your face. Or else, regular sugar would also be effective. The step-by-step process for making this DIY skin care recipe is explained below:
- Take a small glass cup and pour all the ingredients into it.
- Take a small spoon and mix the ingredients well.
- Massage the blended mixture nicely all over your face or body. Use a circular motion to cleanse the skin.
- Leave the mixture on your skin for at least 15 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water.
Turmeric Salt Scrub - Removes Dead Skin Gently
Using salt crystals instead of sugar is recommended for cleansing the areas of your skin that are rough. For example, for cleaning the elbows, feet, and knees, you can use salt crystals as they dissolve slowly due to their large size. You may also use them for other areas but ensure that you cleanse the skin gently.
Turmeric Salt Body Scrub DIY Recipe
For making a turmeric salt body scrub that is gentle and suitable for even the face, you need to include additional ingredients like Vitamin E oil. Also, adding essential oils in the recipe like Lavender or Lemon Essential Oil can boost its skin benefits. You can use a carrier oil like almond or coconut to dilute the essential oils.
List of ingredients
- Salt - 1 cup
- Coconut or Sweet Almond Oil - ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder - 2 tbsp.
- Lemon or Lavender Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Vitamin E Oil - ½ tsp. (optional)
Method of Making Turmeric Salt Body Scrub
Use a measuring cup to measure all the ingredients correctly. Get organic Turmeric powder that is finely ground to provide a gentle cleansing effect. Adding essential oil will enhance the body scrub's anti-inflammatory properties, making it more soothing for your skin. Coconut or Sweet Almond Oil will ensure that your skin gets adequately nourished while being cleansed. The step-by-step process to make this DIY turmeric salt body scrub is given below:
- Take a large glass bowl and add all the ingredients to it.
- Mix the ingredients properly with a large spoon or spatula.
- Once the mixture becomes consistent, apply it to the body area you want to cleanse.
- Massage gently with circular motions, and then cleanse the body with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
These were some interesting DIY body/face scrub recipes that can be made with turmeric, sugar/salt, and a few other ingredients. We hope that you are keen on experimenting with this recipe. For more recipes like these, please stay glued to our website, and you may also suggest some of your own tested and proven recipes to us!
You May Also Like