Roses have become a great way to show love & appreciation to our loved ones, but did you know these same roses could be used to show love & appreciation to yourself!? There's no coincidence that many beauty/skincare brands use roses in their products because their beauty doesn't stop at what meets the eye! They are loaded with rich antioxidants that not only prevent but aid in reducing the ageing process. In this blog we are going to to know about the benefits and uses of rose water for glowing skin.
Benefits Of Rose Water For Glowing Skin
They are gentle enough for sensitive & irritated skin but are packed with essential vitamins & properties that battle all of your skincare concerns from acne, dehydration, eczema, hyperpigmentation & yes, even fine lines & wrinkles!! The benefits of rose water extend from your head to your toes which are:
- Helps Soothe Skin Irritation: One of the greatest benefits of rose water is its strong anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are useful in treating multiple ailments. It helps with the irritation that is caused due to eczema.
- Has Anti-Ageing Properties: Rose water has a number of powerful antioxidants, which can help protect cells from damage, thereby providing powerful cell protection as a result.
- Reduces Skin Redness: Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the skin's redness, enhancing the skin and keeping it fresh.
- Heals Cuts And Wounds: Rose can help wounds heal faster because of its antibacterial properties. These properties can help clean and fight off infection from cuts and burns. They can also help cuts, burns and even scars heal faster because of their healing properties.
- Relieves Headaches: Rose water and rose essential water oil are commonly used in aromatherapy to help relieve headaches. This may be due to de-stressing effects. The best option is to apply a cotton cloth soaked in rose water to the head for 20-25minutes to see the best results.
5 Ways To Use Rose Water For Glowing Skin
Now as we know the wonderful benefits of rose water for glowing skin. It's time we incorporate it into our skincare regime in the following ways.
1. Use Rose Water As a Skin Toner
Toner is usually ignored, but it is a significant step in skincare as toner removes oils, dirt and debris from the skin that the cleanser has missed. Rose water is known to clean the pores from oil because of its astringent properties. Regular use of rose water will keep the skin free of extra oil and prevent acne and pimples.
2. Use Rose Water To Reduce Under-Eye Puffiness
If you have tired under the eyes, soak a cotton pad in rose water and apply it to the eyes. It deals with puffiness under the eyes. Puffy eyes will immediately perk up and rejuvenate after using rose water.
3. Use Rose Water As a Natural Makeup Remover
Rose water has soothing properties that make it a gentle makeup remover for all skin types. When mixed with any other natural oil, it can dissolve most of the makeup without being harsh on the skin. One can simply mix a few drops of coconut oil with rose water and soak a cotton pad in it to reduce makeup.
4. Use Rose Water As a Natural Face Mist And Setting Spray
A spritz of rose water on your face after a long day can be quite refreshing and can be used frequently as it helps with hydration. Just spray rose water on your face 2-3 times a day. Repeat this daily. It helps to tighten large pores and gives clear and glowing skin.
5. Use Rose Water To Get A Hydrating Skin
We all know dehydration can lead to a lot of skin problems, so it is best to keep the skin hydrated. One such way to keep your skin hydrated is using rose water that immediately adds moisture to the skin. Just mix a small amount of rose water in your moisturising cream and apply it to the skin.
Hope after reading this post you don’t have to go anywhere else to know reasons for using rose water for glowing skin. It is a commonly found and used product and contains multiple benefits that make your skin glowy and ever so gorgeous. So, Give it a try and see how it brings effective results for your skin health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is Rose Water Good For Glowing Skin?
Ans. Yes, it works as a gentle toner that reduces skin irritation and redness while hydrating and refreshing the skin, thereby giving you glowing skin.
Q.2 Is Rose Water Good for Skin Lightening?
Ans. No, it is good for skin pigmentation, but it does lighten the skin. It helps with keeping the skin hydrated and glowy.
Q.3 Which Rose Water is Best for Glowing Skin?
Ans. Rose water which is pure and gentle in nature, is best for glowing skin as it is without any preservatives or additives.