Kokum Butter is an oil derived from the Kokum fruit seeds. It consists of powerful antioxidants that are healthy for both hair and skin. It promotes hair growth and makes your hair follicles strong.
Moreover, it also soothes the scalp and is included in numerous hair care recipes. Today, we will be looking at DIY Kokum Butter for hair recipes that can be made at home by using few ingredients.
Why Use Kokum Butter for hair?
Organic Kokum Butter acts as a moisturising agent for your hair follicles. They keep your hair moist and nourished even in dry and cold weather conditions. Moreover, the nutrients and vitamins that are present in this oil prove to be ideal for hair growth. It also soothes the scalp and nourishes hair roots deeply to make them stronger. Therefore, you must include Kokum Butter for hair care purposes.
Benefit of Kokum Butter for hair
Natural Kokum Butter offers several benefits to your hair. It is suitable for all hair types and conditions the hair deeply. Here are some key benefits of Kokum Butter for hair that you need to know before including it in your hair care recipes.
Low porosity hair: Hair follicles become dry and tend to gain high porosity with time. This weakens them considerably and they tend to fall. To obtain hair with low porosity, you need to treat it with pure Kokum Butter. It seals the moisture of the hair follicles and prevents them from becoming excessively dry.
Hair Growth: Kokum Butter contains a high nutritional value that strengthens hair roots. It contains vitamin E that promotes a quick and healthy growth of hair follicles. Applying it daily to your hair will enhance hair thickness and will also impart a healthy shine to it.
Conditions Hair: Kokum Butter proves to be an excellent hair conditioner as well. It makes your hair soft and silky by infusing it with essential nutrients. It also seals moisture in the hair cuticles and keeps them healthy for a long time. Therefore, you must use Kokum Butter for hair care recipes.
Strengthens hair follicles: Organic Kokum Butter is ideal for scalp treatment. It soothes the scalp and heals it. As a result, it creates a healthy breeding ground for your hair. Kokum Butter gets absorbed in the hair roots and promotes strengthening of hair roots. As a result, it can be used in hair care recipes that are meant to reduce hair fall.
Stimulates scalp: By ensuring a healthy supply of blood to the hair roots, natural Kokum butter stimulates the scalp. Due to this the hair roots get supplied with oxygen and all the necessary nutrients necessary for their growth. This also tames scalp issues like dandruff and itchiness.
Homemade DIY Recipe of Kokum Butter for Hair
Now that you know everything about the benefits of pure Kokum Butter, it is time to see how it can be used in DIY hair care recipes. We are giving you details about simple DIY recipes that need Kokum Butter along with a few other ingredients. So let’s get started without any further delay!
Kokum Butter Hair Conditioner DIY Recipe
Kokum Butter is an excellent hair conditioner. It makes your tresses soft and smooth and leaves a mild and invigorating scent behind. After making this DIY hair conditioner made with Kokum Butter, you don’t have to use any other chemical-based hair conditioner.Ingredients:
- Melt Kokum Butter first so that it melts completely. Let it cool down and then mix with Avocado Oil in a glass bowl.
- Finally, break a couple of Vitamin E tablets into it and stir the mixture nicely. Now, store this DIY hair conditioner in the refrigerator to thicken its texture.
- Clean your hair with a natural shampoo. Take some hair conditioner on your palms and apply it on your hair nicely. Wash your hair after a couple of minutes and experience a silky shine and smooth hair.
Kokum Butter Hair Mask DIY Recipe
You can also use Kokum Butter for hair mask recipes. The hair masks containing Kokum Butter moisturise your hair follicles and enrich them with essential nutrients and vitamins. To know more about this DIY Kokum Butter for hair mask recipe, see the below ingredients.Ingredients:
- Mango Butter - 2 tbsp.
- Kokum Butter - 2 tbsp.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Castor Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil - 1 tsp. (optional)
- Melt Mango Butter and Kokum butter in a double boiler setup. Once they melt completely, let them cool down a little.
- Now, add Virgin Coconut Oil and Castor Oil in the oil blend. Stir with a spoon nicely and finally add a little Vitamin E Oil in it.
- Clean your hair properly and apply the hair mask on the hair strands nicely. Leave it overnight for best results.
Kokum Butter Hair Cream DIY Recipe
You can also make a nutritious hair cream by using Kokum Butter along with a few other ingredients. The best part of this recipe is that it can be made at home without the requirement of any special equipment or ingredients. So let’s get to know more about this amazing Kokum Butter for hair cream recipe!Ingredients:
- Cut Kokum Butter and Shea Butter into small pieces and add them to a double boiler. Let them melt completely and allow them to cool down in a while.
- After that, add Hemp Seed Oil and Coconut Oil to the blend. Stir the ingredients nicely or use a hand mixer to blend them completely.
- Transfer the content in a glass bottle and store it at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Clean your hair nicely with a natural shampoo. Apply a little bit of the hair cream on the tresses and massage it gently. Leave it on your hair for at least an hour before washing your hair.
Kokum Butter Hair Spray DIY Recipe
You can also make DIY Kokum Butter Hair Spray at your home by using simple ingredients like essential oils and water. You will also need to use sugar in this recipe to make it extra beneficial for your hair. Here are the final ingredients we need for this DIY Kokum Butter for hair care recipe:Ingredients:
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Kokum Butter - 1 tsp.
- Vanilla Essential Oil - 4 to 5 drops.
- Melt Kokum Butter until it forms an oil. Now, blend water and sugar in a glass bowl.
- Add the melted Kokum Butter in it along with Vanilla Essential Oil. You can also use any other essential oil of your choice.
- Transfer the contents in a spray bottle and start using it as a hair spray.
- Shake the bottle nicely and spray the hair spray on your dry and rough hair. Experience best results when used overnight.
We hope that you liked our DIY homemade recipes of Kokum Butter for hair. Stay glued on the website for more such interesting and amazing recipes. If you want to share any recipes of your own, you can write them down and send them to us. Also, please feel free to share your feedback and opinions.