Aloe vera gel is equally beneficial for your skin and hair. While it cleanses your hair without being too harsh but also conditions it naturally. The impurities in your skin and hair can be removed naturally by washing your hair with Aloe-based shampoos.
These inherent properties of aloe vera can be used to make DIY aloe vera shampoo. In this article, we will share a homemade aloe vera shampoo recipe. This DIY Aloe shampoo recipe will prove to be much better and safer than commercial shampoos mixed with chemicals and harsh ingredients.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Shampoo
Aloe Vera contains amino acids which are healthy for your hair. It is also a rich source of vitamins and nutrients, making your hair thick, long, and shiny. Before learning about the DIY Aloe Vera shampoo recipe, let’s look at its benefits. These are the key benefits of using Aloe Vera in shampoos:
- Prevents Dandruff: Aloe vera cleanses your scalp and nourishes it to prevent dry skin in the scalp area. This prevents the formation of dandruff. Also, the antifungal and antibacterial properties of Aloe Vera ensure that the reasons behind the dandruff formation are cured naturally. As a result, your scalp and hair become healthy after using our Aloe Vera shampoo recipe.
- Makes Hair Shiny: Aloe vera gel is rich in Vitamin E. It also contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and shield your hair from sunlight, cold winds, pollution, and other environmental factors. These factors maintain the natural shine of your hair. Regular use of Aloe vera shampoo will make your hair glossy and silky.
- Nourishes Hair: Aloe Vera possesses natural moisturising properties. These properties prevent your hair from becoming dry and rough. They maintain the natural hydration levels in your hair follicles. The vitamins and nutrients in DIY Aloe Vera shampoo ensure your hair becomes smooth and soft after every use!
- Cleanses Hair & Scalp Naturally: The amino acids present in the DIY Aloe Vera shampoo nourish your hair follicles and also cleanse them. The impurities like dust, dirt, sweat, and dead skin cells are brought to the scalp’s surface, which can be washed and rinsed easily with water. As a result, you get a fresh and clean scalp that is excellent for growing healthy hair.
- Protects Hair: Aloe Vera gel creates a protective layer over your hair follicles. It protects your hair from external hazards like UV rays, heat, dust, and allergies. As a result, your hair gets protected and remains damage-free. You can also create a DIY Aloe Vera shampoo with other oils and ingredients that enhance its benefits and uses.
Ingredients Of Aloe Vera Shampoo
You should be careful while choosing the ingredients in your homemade Aloe Vera shampoo. Include only fresh and natural ingredients that suit your hair and do not cause any side effects. Avoid using artificial chemicals or preservatives that can harm your hair or scalp. Here are the ingredients that we will be using in our DIY Aloe Vera shampoo:
- Dried Herbs - 2 Ounces
- Aloe Vera Gel - 2 Tbsp.
- Distilled Water - 2 Cups
- Golden Jojoba Oil - ½ Tsp.
- Liquid Castile Soap - 6 Ounces
- Lavender Essential Oil - 20 Drops
DIY Aloe Vera Shampoo Recipe
Now that you know the benefits of Aloe Vera homemade shampoo and the ingredients to make a DIY Aloe Vera recipe, let’s focus on the process of making the DIY Aloe shampoo. We will learn how to make shampoos in steps so you do not falter or get confused.
Step 1: Boil the water and add some preferred herbs like rosemary, thyme, etc.
Step 2: Boil the herbs in the water on low heat for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and strain the herbs from the liquid solution.
Step 3: Now, slowly pour the liquid castile soap into the liquid. Stir it well as you pour.
Step 4: Now, add the aloe vera gel, lavender essential oil, and golden jojoba oil. Mix these ingredients nicely into the liquid solution.
Step 5: Let the liquid cool down a little and add it to a shampoo bottle.
Step 6: Shake the bottle well before using the DIY aloe vera shampoo. Use it at least thrice a week for the best results.
We hope that you liked our DIY aloe vera shampoo recipe. For more insights, stay glued to our website. Only use fresh and natural ingredients in the homemade aloe vera shampoo recipe. VedaOils is the best place to get all the natural ingredients at affordable rates. Visit their website today and pick the ingredients you need for your DIY aloe vera shampoo recipe.