Do you have a stuffy nose & phlegmy feeling? Congestion is unpleasant and can be caused by various factors, including the common cold, allergies, and airborne irritants. Congestion can be caused by multiple factors, including allergies, the Common Cold, or sinusitis.
Hopefully, colds and flu will not attack your home this year, but if they do, this natural Homemade Vapor rub is an excellent natural cure to have on hand. This recipe relieves congestion so you can keep going on with your life. But first, let’s know a little more about homemade vapor rubs.
Benefits Of Homemade Vapor Rub With Essential Oil
Homemade Vapor rubs are topical cough suppressants that help to clean the sinuses and relieve cold symptoms. But, in addition to this, Vapor rubs have a few additional, lesser-known applications that are far more intriguing (and no less effective). Read on to find out more.
Heals Feet's Issue
DIY Vapor rubs are a popular home cure for various foot problems, including athlete's foot—the antibacterial properties of the rub aid in keeping moisture in a while, eliminating microorganisms. The components in homemade Vapor rub include a combination of essential oils. These essential oils are responsible for imparting these powers in homemade vapor rubs.
Treats Acne Breakouts
One of the most common purposes for homemade Vapor rub is to soothe skin, decrease inflammation, and clarify your complexion if you have eczema or acne. This is because of components like eucalyptus, an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent; but, as with any DIY skincare suggestion (toothpaste on a pimple, anyone? ), we recommend taking it with a grain of salt to ensure there's no skin irritation.
Homemade vapor rubs are great for us but not for insects. To keep pests (including mosquitoes) at bay, dab a little on your arms, legs, neck, or other exposed skin regions. It works very efficiently as an insect repellent and flea killer.
When used once or twice daily, homemade Vapor rub may assist in healing burns since the thick mixture provides a barrier between your injuries. The anti-inflammatory qualities of eucalyptus help promote and encourage recovery.
Relieves From Cough & Headaches
Once you create your homemade vapor rub, you will notice how quickly it can clear your congestion. Similarly, if you get sinus headaches, one of the greatest ways to relieve them is to inhale the homemade vapor rub smell & it will clear out the congestion. It might be a quick way to cleanse your mind and relieve cranial aches.
How to make Homemade Vapor Rub With Camphor
It's simple and effective to make your own all-natural Vapor rub. Learn how to create and apply this homemade Vapor rub with camphor & Coconut oil by following this simple steps.
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil(room temperature)
- ¼ cup shea butter (room temperature)
- 25 drops Eucalyptus Oil
- 20 drops camphor essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
Recipe For Making DIY Vapor Rub Without Beeswax
- Whip the coconut oil with shea butter for around 30 seconds with your mixer. Scrape everything to the center of the bowl with your spatula.
- Add the essential oils and whisk it for another minute, then scrape it back into the center of the bowl with the spatula.
- Whip for another minute, then transfers to a jar with a tight-fitting top.
- Your all-natural vapor rub is now ready.
How to use Homemade Vapor Chest Rub
- This homemade Vapor rub isn't as strong as commercial Vapor rubs. Instead, it goes in gently, with a tingling sensation.
- Apply a tiny quantity to your chest when you have a cold or a cough. You may also rub your upper and middle back with the rub. Apply every few hours or so.
- You may also cup your palms over your nose and inhale a few times deeply if you massage it into your hands.
- Because the oils are diluted in the carrier oils, you can easily use them on children.
- Apply a tiny quantity on the bottoms of young babies' feet and cover them with socks if you use this homemade Vapor rub. The essential oils will still be absorbed into their feet and give therapeutic advantages.
- Essential oils, although natural, should be used with caution. Why? Because they are extremely concentrated and potent. That's why it's critical to utilize therapeutic-grade oils that are 100 percent pure.
- Please keep it away from direct sunglight
- Check with your holistic healthcare practitioner before using essential oils if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. On babies under the age of six months, use a very tiny quantity and only on the soles of their feet.
Store-bought vapor rubs contain several toxic chemicals and can do more harm than good. Especially since we use vapor rubs on our babies, it is very important to ensure that it is 100% safe for their delicate skins.
Hence, making your vapor rubs at home is always a better option. Use only high-quality ingredients and essential oils like the ones that can be bought at Veda Oils. Say bye-bye to congestion forever!