We know nails are not an actual body part, but we cannot deny that brittle nails are a problem for us. It is that unpleasant condition that is caused by the cuticle and nail bed drying out too much. This makes nails difficult to grow strong and healthy.
But luckily, we do have certain natural things around us that can strengthen and help our nail beds to stay moisturized. Olive oil for nails is that magical natural ingredient that helps repair brittle nails, softening the nails and cuticles, that ultimately helps in promoting the robust health of nails.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Nails
Olive oil is one natural remedy that keeps your cuticles healthy and helps them grow with the right nutrients. This natural oil helps our nails absorb the necessary vitamins and minerals that help strengthen nails. Let's discuss in detail some more benefits of olive oil for nails.
- Moisturise Nail Beds: When mixed with the right set of ingredients, Olive oil can become a powerful moisturising agent for our nails. It treats the dry skin under our nails and nourishes nail beds. It also provides ample hydration and nourishment to nails, leading to stronger growth.
- Protects Cuticles & Nails: Since Olive oil is high in antioxidants, it has the ability to shield your nails from being damaged by free radicals. Therefore, when you apply vitamin E oil to your nails, it is a barrier of protection for your cuticles and nails—this aids in shielding your nails from any hazardous external harm.
- Boosts Nail Growth: Antioxidants and different minerals are abundant in Olive oil, a nutrient with tremendous moisturising advantages for maintaining nail health. Enhancing the nutrition in the nails also aids in preventing split cuticles. Additionally, it promotes blood flow buildup and supplies vitamins to the nails to maintain their full health.
- Provides Nail Necessary Nutrients: Antioxidants and different minerals are abundant in Olive oil, a nutrient with tremendous moisturising advantages for maintaining nail health. Enhancing the nutrition in the nails also aids in preventing split cuticles. Additionally, it promotes blood flow buildup and supplies vitamins to the nails to maintain their whole health.
- Adds Shine To Nails: Soaking nails in olive oil for about 15 to 20 minutes can promote the moisture levels of your fingers and nails. It repairs brittle nails naturally without any side effects. It also aids the restoration of nutrients to the nails by packing all the nutrients into the nail beds. Just be consistent in your routine and see results yourself.
Top 4 Ways to Use Olive Oil for Nails
Olive oil is one extraordinary inexpensive home remedy to solve all the problems associated with our nail growth. So, in short, olive oil can be used to improve your nail and cuticle health. Here's how you can use olive oil for nails in different ways.
1. Recipe of Olive Oil and Lemon Juice for Nails
When you mix Olive oil and lemon juice, you get a great mixture that can work its magic overnight in promoting your nail health. Here's how you can use olive oil and lemon juice for nails.
- Olive Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 3 Drops
How to Make
- Take a small bowl and add olive oil and lemon juice to it.
- Now massage this oil mixture to your nails thoroughly.
- Let it soak in, and then slip manicure gloves on.
- Keep it overnight, and then wash it off the following day.
How to Use
- Apply this mixture to your nails.
- Let it sit on your nail beds overnight.
- Wash it with lukewarm water the next day.
2. Recipe of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Nails
Extra virgin oil has a plethora of nail strengthening benefits that increase the enchantment of your nail's natural beauty and strength. It is one best possible treatments for nail nourishment. Here's how you can use extra virgin olive oil for nails.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 50ml
- Citrus Juice - 5-10 Drops
- Glass Container
How to Make
- Pour all the ingredients into the glass container.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Your mixture is ready to do its magic.
How to Use
- Apply the mixture with the help of a cotton bud.
- Smoothly massage it for 5 minutes.
3. Recipe of Garlic and Olive Oil for Nails
Garlic itself is a great ingredient when it comes to nail health. So when mixed with olive oil, it becomes a powerful oil for solving all nail problems. So, here's how you can use garlic and olive oil for nails.
- Chopped garlic
- Olive Oil
How to Make
- Saute chopped garlic together in a pan with some olive oil.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure the oil does not bubble up or smoke.
- Let the oil cool down.
- Now strain the oil into a glass container discarding the garlic pieces.
- Your garlic and olive oil are ready to use.
How to Use
- Massage this oil into your nails and cuticles every night.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
4. Recipe of Warm Water and Olive Oil for Nails
This is one of the best ways to help your nails get ample nourishment and easily fortify brittle nails. Here's how you should use warm water and olive oil for nails.
- Warm Water - 1 Bowl
- Olive Oil - ½ Bowl
How to Make
- There's no need to mix the ingredients. All you have to do is to use these two ingredients separately.
How to Use
- Soak your fingers in olive oil for 20 minutes.
- Then keep it for 5 minutes in warm water before wiping it off.
- Follow this remedy for a week and see the results yourself.
So, now you know that Olive oil is a great ingredient for looking after your brittle and weak nails. Instead of relying on expensive market-based chemical products, it's time you tryst the natural magic of home remedies of olive oils for nails to deal with your nails and promote their growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is olive oil good for nails and cuticles?
Ans. Yes, olive oil is one of the best oils that look after our nails and cuticles by providing them with the necessary nutrients.
Q.2 Are olive oil and lemon juice good for nails?
Ans. Both olive oil and lemon juice are rich in antioxidants and moisturising properties. They get easily absorbed into the nail beds and enhance nail growth effectively.
Q.3 Can I put olive oil on my nails?
Ans. Yes, it is completely safe to use olive oil on nails without any fear of side effects.
Q.4 How to make your nails stronger with olive oil?
Ans. Just soak your nails in olive oil for about 20-30 minutes once a week and see how your nails get stronger within a few months.
Q.5 Is olive oil good for damaged nails?
Ans. When you apply olive oil regularly, then it strengthens and moisturises nails. It also repairs damaged nails by softening the nail beds and cuticles, contributing to nail strength and growth.