Today acne and pimples have become common skin issues these days. Knowing the type of acne and pimples is essential for treating them perfectly. Fungal acne is caused due to the fungus thriving on dust, dirt, and other toxins. It causes irritation and can flare up at higher temperatures. One of the serious kinds of acne is cystic acne, as it develops under the skin in the form of cysts.
Hormonal acne is referred to as the whiteheads or blackheads, usually formed due to excessive sebum production in the skin cells. When oil, bacteria, and dead skin get trapped in your skin pores, whiteheads are formed. In addition, face pimples occur due to clogged pores, and when they are stubborn, they can create visible scars on your face.
What causes Acne and Pimple Breakout?
We have seen that acne and pimples can be formed because of hormonal shifts, excess sebum production, improper cleaning of the face, and several other reasons. Irrespective of the reason or cause of acne scars and pimples, they make you uncomfortable and ugly. Therefore, you must immediately take care to neutralize them as soon as they appear on your face. Also, don’t forget to follow preventive measures so that they don’t bother you again.
Castor Oil Benefits for Acne & Pimple Treatment
Using castor oil for acne and pimples can give you instant results. The strong anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil make it effective against any kind of inflammation or irritation. Therefore, the pain or irritation associated with pimples and acne scars will immediately heal.
Castor oil fades acne scars, and it also nourishes the skin. In addition, it exfoliates your skin and prevents bacteria, oil, dead skin cells, and other toxins from hiding beneath your skin’s surface. Some of the main reasons for using castor oil for pimples and acne are described below:
- Treat Acne: Ricinoleic acid is present in castor oil. It possesses antibacterial, antiviral, fungicidal, and antiseptic properties. Therefore, it has the ability to eliminate any bacteria or other microbes that can irritate your skin. It also heals swollen skin and proves to be instrumental in treating acne and pimples.
- Moisturises Skin: The essential fatty acids found in castor oil moisturise the skin deeply. They also expedite the healing process of acne scars and pimples. Massaging your skin regularly with this oil will prevent the formation of scar marks permanently.
- Deep Cleanse Open Pores: Your skin pores might contain a lot of microorganisms, dust, dead skin cells, and other pollutants. These toxins are mainly responsible for the formation of pimples and acne. By cleansing your skin pores deeply, castor oil reduces the possibility of their formation.
- Packed with Nutrients: Castor oil is packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin E, and minerals which ensures that your skin remains flawless. These nutrients also fasten the process of skin healing and reduces the chance of acne or pimple formation. They also lighten scars by deeply nourishing the skin.
- Antifungal and Antibacterial: Organic castor oil contains bactericidal and fungicidal properties. Therefore, it curbs the fungi and bacteria that can be responsible for acne or pimple formation. Thus, it plays a pivotal role in acne prevention as well.
Castor Oil for Acne Scars & Pimples: Before and After Results
If your skin is full of blemishes caused due to acne and pimples, castor oil will make sure that they fade away eventually. It also promotes blood flow and adds a natural glow to your skin that will help to hide the blemishes. Also, the acne scars will get erased from your skin, and pimples will be healed completely. Regular application will minimize the risk of acne and pimples forming. Therefore, you will be quite pleased with castor oils before and after results for acne scars.
Homemade Castor Oil Acne Scars & Pimples Treatment: DIY Natural Oils Recipes
Though castor oil alone can handle a lot of skin issues, sometimes your skin needs a bit more than that. Issues like acne and pimples can be persistent and bothersome. Therefore, to get rid of them permanently, use castor oil for pimple marks and acne scars after blending with some key ingredients. Here are some noteworthy DIY natural oil recipes that will transform your skin back into its rejuvenated and healthy state.
Recipe 1: Castor Oil and Turmeric Essential Oil for Acne Scars
Turmeric Essential Oil is a powerful antibacterial agent, and it also contains antiseptic properties. Therefore, it prevents acne and pimples from becoming worse and also inhibits their growth. When blended with castor oil, the blend heals the acne scars and provides faster results in terms of fading them away.Ingredients:
- Castor Oil - ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric Essential Oil - 3-5 drops
Step 1: Mix Castor and Turmeric Essential Oil nicely.
Step 2: Apply it to the affected area. Before applying the blend, cleanse your face thoroughly with a natural face wash.
How often to use: Use it at least once a day to get the desired outcome.
Tip: If Turmeric Essential Oil is not available, you can also use Turmeric powder and make a DIY face pack by blending it with castor oil.
Recipe 2: Castor Oil and Hemp Seed Oil for Acne Scars
Hemp Seed Oil improves skin generation and heals the scars by promoting collagen production. In addition, castor oil moisturizes the skin and kills the bacteria responsible for pimples and acne. Together they heal the acne scars and pimples effectively.Ingredients:
- Hemp Seed Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Castor Oil - 1 tbsp.
Step 1: Mix both the oils in a glass bowl.
Step 2: Stir the oils so that they get blended perfectly.
Step 3: Next, clean your face with a face cleanser and apply the oil blend to the affected areas.
How often to use: For best results, apply this oil blend daily on your face.Tips:
- Use organic Castor and Hemp Seed Oils to avoid any side effects.
- There is no need to clean the oil after application as it gets absorbed in your skin completely.
Recipe 3: Tea Tree Essential Oil and Castor Oil for Pimples
Pimples are caused due to accumulation of sweat, oil, and dirt in your skin cells. Tea tree essential oil deeply cleanses the skin and prevents the risk of pimples forming. Castor oil also exhibits deep cleansing properties, and it also expedites the process of skin healing. We have also included Grapeseed Oil in this recipe for nourishing your skin and giving it a bright complexion.Ingredients:
Step 1: Mix all three oils in a glass bowl.
Step 2: Apply the oil blend on your face after cleaning it.
Step 3: Leave it overnight for the intended results.
How often to use: For pimple-free skin, use this oil blend thrice a week.
Tips: In the absence of Grapeseed Oil, you can even use Bergamot Oil as it has similar properties.
Recipe 4: Olive Oil and Castor Oil for Pimples
Virgin Olive oil is known for its natural healing properties. It clears blemishes and also helps you to get an even complexion. In addition, castor oil cleanses your skin and prevents pimples from appearing on your face.Ingredients:
- Virgn Olive Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Castor Oil - 1 tbsp.
Step 1: Mix olive oil and castor oil in a glass bowl.
Step 2: Wash your face nicely and apply the oil blend.
Step 3: Let the oils get absorbed completely before washing your face again.
How often to use: Apply this oil blend daily on your face for best results.
Tips: Get organic Olive Oil and castor oil for reducing pimples without any side effects.
Precautions and Tips While Using Castor Oil
Though you should use castor oil for acne and pimples, you need to follow some tips and precautions as well. These tips and precautions will enable you to use the ingredients of the DIY recipe in the right way. Also, they will help you to get faster results for your acne scars and pimple marks. Here are some of the precautions and tips that you must follow:
- Clean your face thoroughly before applying castor oil. It will maximize the potential of castor oil and other ingredients to heal your acne scars and pimples.
- Apply some castor oil on your face before going to bed every day. It will help you prevent acne and pimples from appearing on your face.
- Don’t apply raw or unfiltered oils on your face directly. Always dilute them with a carrier oil or moisturizer before applying on the face.
- Don’t prick or pick out the pimples with sharp objects, as it will flare them up and worsen the situation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some frequently asked questions for our amazing readers. To give you more clearance as we care for your queries.
Q: Can castor oil cause acne scars?
A: Castor oil fades acne scars by nourishing the skin and softening the tissues. However, too much use of castor oil can also result in clogging pores, especially if you have oily skin. Therefore, don't overuse it while using this oil for acne-prone skin.
Q: Can castor oil remove dark spots?
A: Yes, castor oil fades dark spots due to its skin-lightening properties.
Q: Is castor oil good for acne scars?
A: Yes, castor oil helps in overcoming acne scars by improving the elasticity of the affected area. It also rejuvenates your skin and makes them appear less prominent on your face.
Q: Is castor oil effective against pimples?
A: The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of castor oil makes it effective against pimples.
Q: Can I leave castor oil on pimples overnight?
A: Yes, you can leave castor oil on pimples overnight. It helps to reduce pimples and also restores the natural texture and hydration level of your skin.
Castor oil is good for tackling issues like acne scars and pimples. However, you should also be careful about the things we have mentioned in the precautions and tips section. Moreover, you should always use this oil in moderation due to its ability to clog pores. Finally, get natural and pure castor oil for acne scars and pimples and experience quick results.