You already know that carrots are healthy for you. We are sure your mother must've been trying to force-feed you carrots since you were a little kid! You might not be aware, however, of the benefits of using Carrot Oil for your hair or, more particularly, your scalp.
The vitamin-rich essential oil has swiftly gained notoriety as a key element, and whether you're dealing with dryness, dandruff, or hair loss. It might be the solution you're searching for. Everything you need to know about carrot oil is outlined here in this blog. Keep reading to know more!
Is Carrot Oil Good For Hair?
Beta carotene, vitamin E, and vitamin A are all abundant in carrot oil and are crucial elements for healthy hair. It is said that using carrot oil for your hair would strengthen your priceless hair follicles and encourage hair growth and suppleness. Think of long-lasting, gorgeous hair. The advantages of carrot oil for your hair and scalp are enormous. It promotes hair development, stops split ends and hair loss, and removes dandruff and dry scalp. Even better, it keeps the moisture levels on the scalp and hair in check.
Benefits Of Carrot Oil For Hair Growth
Carrot oil is a hidden gem when it comes to hair growth. It has loads of benefits for hair and scalp health. If you want to know more about the benefits of carrot oil for hair, then keep reading!
- Great for Scalp Health: Increasing the blood flow to your scalp using carrot oil will promote scalp health and healthy hair. People with dandruff and dry scalp may relieve their problems when they treat their hair with carrot oil, according to a recent study that revealed possible antibacterial effects of using carrot oil for hair.
- Moisturizing: Carrot oil can encourage hair growth. Carrot oil may support the development of healthier, stronger strands since it acts at the scalp level. Additionally, its nutrition and moisturising qualities might aid in preventing split ends and hair breakage, providing the illusion of fuller hair.
- Antimicrobial: Carrot oil has a lot of research going on in the recent past. Studies suggest that it could be antibacterial as well as antifungal. According to the experts, the carrot seed oil is recognised to have antibacterial characteristics and is mild and relaxing while yet being rich in antioxidants.
- Prevents Hair Loss: Can carrot oil prevent hair breakage? The use of carrot oil can promote thicker, quicker hair growth while reducing split ends. Because it strengthens hair, carrot oil is recommended for people who are experiencing hair loss. Carrot oil might lessen hair loss by strengthening the roots at the scalp.
- Great For Curly Hair: Curly hair is more prone to frizz because the hair's texture keeps scalp oils from covering strands from root to end. Because it gives unruly hair lustre and smoothness, carrot oil is a godsend for people with curly hair. Using carrot oil to help style your crazy curls is a fantastic idea.
Carrot Oil For Hair Before And After
Before: Hair that is dry and dull. They look completely damaged and lack bounce and shine.
After: After applying carrot oil, your hair will get the nourishment it has been craving. Gorgeous, shiny and healthy locks.
How To Use Carrot Oil For Hair - DIY Recipes
Now that you know all about carrot oil and its benefits for hair, let’s see how you can put it to use. Read on to find out 4 amazing ways you can use carrot oil for hair.
Recipe 1: Carrot Hair Growth Serum
A potent blend of plant-based oils that have been proven effective in promoting hair regrowth makes up this very simple DIY hair growth serum. This serum is intended to be used on the scalp to promote enhanced blood circulation, follicle detoxification, and general conditioning of the hair and scalp. This will improve the health of the scalp and hair follicles.
- Carrot Seed Oil - 3 Tablespoon
- Avocado Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Castor Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Coconut Oil - 1.5 Tablespoon
- Cedarwood Essential Oil - 30 Drops
- Rosemary Essential Oil - 20 Drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 10 Drops
Directions To Use:
Step 1: Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bottle. Ensure you give the serum a good shake each time before use.
Step 2: This serum has to be rubbed into the scalp and kept on for a while in order to be most effective.
Step 3: We suggest taking 10 drops in your palm and massaging the scalp with your hand. Keep massaging to promote blood flow.
Step 4: Spend at least 15 minutes letting the serum sit on your scalp. You can either wash it off or leave it in.
Recipe 2: Carrot Deep Conditioner
Lactic acid, which can be found in yoghurt, is a natural source of nourishment and moisture for extremely dry hair. Yoghurt is a fantastic item to gently exfoliate your scalp and remove product buildup and dandruff.
- Yoghurt - 2 Tablespoons
- Carrot Seed Oil - 1 Tablespoon
Directions To Use:
Step 1: Place two tablespoons or so of plain yoghurt and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a mixing jar. Create a smooth mixture by combining the two.
Step 2: Apply this mixture to your hair, and scalp and let it sit in your hair for 10 to 20 minutes.
Step 3: Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to rinse it out. It is not necessary to use a conditioner after this treatment; if you have very dry hair, then you should use it.
Recipe 3: Carrot Hair Rinse
This carrot seed oil hair rinse will increase the production of more sebum by your dry scalp, which hydrates your hair and scalp and enhances the general health and lustre of your hair. You can use this treatment twice a week or even more.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- Carrot Seed Oil - 5 Drops
- Water - 2 Cups
Directions To Use:
Step 1: For every 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water.
Step 2: Add three to five drops of carrot oil to create your own homemade healthy hair rinse.
Step 3: Wash your hair as per usual with water and your shampoo of choice.
Step 4: Mix all of the ingredients together and use this mix as your final rinse.
Step 5: Let the rinse stay in your hair for at least 3-4 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Recipe 4: Carrot Hair Growth Mask
You can get the silky, smooth hair you've always craved with the use of this super hydrating mask. Antioxidants and other nutrients found in avocados aid in the restoration of damaged hair. On the other hand, honey promotes hydrating, moisturising, and softening of dry hair. Olive oil is essential for maintaining healthy, smooth, and lustrous hair.
- Avocado - 1 Medium
- Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Carrot Seed - 1 Tablespoon
Directions To Use:
Step 1: The avocado must first be processed into a smooth paste.
Step 2: Add one tablespoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of carrot seed oil and one spoonful of honey after scooping the paste onto a clean dish.
Step 3: Thoroughly mix these ingredients well together.
Step 4: Now that the mask is prepared, you can apply it to your hair and massage it with your hands.
Step 5: After letting the mask set for 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
Step 6: Use a gentle shampoo to rinse, making sure the mask is completely removed. Use this mask at least twice a month to begin noticing results.
Now you know all about this mysterious and magical component - carrot seed oil for hair. Carrot seed oil for hair growth can be extremely beneficial for you. It can intensely nourish and smoothen your hair. Wondering where you can get your hands on carrot seed oil? Look no further than Veda Oils! We have the best quality carrot seed oil available in the market. Check us out now!