Who would not wish to enjoy holidays, festivals, and special occasions at home in the presence of loved ones and scented candles? Scented candles add a special aroma to the ambience and make us feel warm and special. They might also expel any unpleasant odour that might be lingering in your surroundings.
Do you know that luxury scented candles can be made at home by using simple ingredients like wax and scented oils? Today, we will be looking at the candle making supplies and recipes to make scented candles at home. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
5 Best Luxury Fragrance Oils For Candle Making
Some fragrance oils are recommended to make DIY luxury scented candles at home because of their amazing and unique aroma. Here are the top 5 luxury fragrance oils for candle making purposes:
- Lavender Fragrance Oil: The fragrance of fresh lavender flowers can be added to your DIY scented candles by using Lavender Fragrance Oil. The unique floral aroma of this oil will leave your guests and family members mesmerized.
- Coffee Fragrance Oil: Coffee Fragrance Oil will add a warm and energetic fragrance of coffee beans to your candles. The luxury scented candles will spread a positive and refreshing aroma in the surroundings when lit.
- Sandalwood Fragrance Oil: Sandalwood Fragrance Oil adds a woodsy scent with a mild twist of herbal and sweet notes that reminds you of the premium quality sandalwood. The scented candles made from this fragrance oil will be perfect for boosting concentration and reducing fatigue.
- Vanilla Fragrance Oil: The magical creamy and sweet fragrance of vanilla will fill your house with positive vibes. Use organic Vanilla Fragrance Oil in your scented candles and gift them to your loved ones and friends.
- Oceanic Mist Fragrance Oil: Oceanic Mist Fragrance Oil makes you remember the gusty breezes that flow across the beaches. This fragrance oil adds a refreshing and unique aroma to your scented candles.
Homemade Luxury Scented Candle Making
Fragrance oils are the special ingredients that add a magical aroma to your DIY luxury candles. However, always choose scented candles that are chemical-free and natural. This will ensure that the candles burn clean without releasing any toxic chemicals.Luxury Scented Candle Supplies:
Have you ever desired to make luxury scented candles at home all by yourself. If yes, these are the ingredients or luxury scented candle making materials that you will need:
- Wooden Wicks - 5
- Soy Wax Flakes - 900 Grams
- Candle Jars - 5
- Wick Clips - 5
- Vanilla Fragrance Oil - 2 tbsp.
Know About Luxury Scented Candle Supplies
Now that you know which supplies are to be used, let’s figure out why they are used. It is because you should know the features that these luxury scented candle supplies bring to the table.
1. Wooden Wicks: Wooden Wicks retain the scent and make the burning process slow and steady. They also add a crackling sound in the beginning that adds a wonderful surprise element to your candles.
2. Soy Wax Flakes: Soy Wax Flakes are easily available online. Due to their low melting point, it is easy to melt and set Soy Wax Flakes. It also burns cleanly without creating any nuisance.
3. Candle Jars: For candle jars, you can use mason jars that are made of glass. These jars are easily available in supermarkets, or you can also set your candles in the ones where you store pickles, jams, and other food items. However, don’t forget to clean them properly before pouring melted wax into them.
4. Wick Clips: Wick Clips enable you to adjust the wicks of different sizes and enable you to keep the wicks in place when you pour the melted wax or move the candle jars. They secure the position of your candle wicks.
5. Vanilla Fragrance Oil: You can use any fragrance oil of your choice. We are using organic Vanilla Fragrance Oil that will add a sweet and delectable scent to your DIY luxury scented candles at home.
6. Thermometer: We recommend using a digital thermometer to check the temperature of the wax. It is suggested to add the fragrance oil at the right temperature to avoid issues afterward.
How To Make Luxury Scented Candles - Step-By-Step
Making luxury scented candles at home is possible if you follow certain easy steps after procuring the right ingredients. Below, we have given the steps that you can follow to make enchanting DIY luxury scented candles at home:
Step 1: Start melting the Soy Wax Flakes in a double boiler setup. Once the wax melts completely, allow it to cool down. Attach the wicks to the wick clips and let them go at the bottom of the container.
Step 2: Pour the wax into the containers once it reaches 180-degree Celsius.
Step 3: Now, insert the thermometer inside the molten wax to check the temperature again. Once the temperature reaches 160-degree Celsius, you can add the fragrance oil.
Step 4: Let the wax set completely and allow it to cure as well. After 24 to 48 hours of cooling and curing, you can start using the scented candles.
We hope you have become completely aware of the scented candle-making supplies and making process. If you have any doubts, you can write to us or express yourself in the comments section.
Make vibrant and amazing DIY luxury scented candles at home and share your feedback with us. We will be waiting for your feedback.