Scented candles are in great demand these days due to their versatile features and benefits. They are available in different scents and shapes. Peppermint candles will amaze you with their fragrance and keep your mind relaxed and calm.
You can also make them at your home and give them as gifts to your friends and relatives. The process of making a Peppermint Candle is quite easy. You just need a few ingredients and a wax that you prefer to make your candles with.
How To Make Peppermint Scented Candles at Home
Before starting the process of candle making, know how it is done. You may watch a few tutorials and videos on YouTube or go through the blogs and articles that are easily available online. Once you have understood the candle-making process, you can get these candle-making supplies from offline or online sources.
Candle Making Supplies:
- Peppermint Essential Oil - 15 to 20 Drops
- Soy Wax Flakes - 450 Grams
- Candle Jars - 4 (small sized)
- Ribbon - 1
- Cotton Candle Wick - 4
Know About Peppermint Candle Supplies
It is also essential to know why you are using a specific ingredient for making candles because there are many varieties of candle wax, wicks, and essential oils on the market. Therefore, we will now see some key properties of the candle-making supplies we will use to make mint-scented candles.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint Essential Oil gives a minty and fresh aroma to the scented candles. These aromatic compounds spread in the atmosphere when you light the candles, making the environment cozy and pleasant. Moreover, the Peppermint Essential Oil candle will lighten your mood and make you feel distressed and happy.
- Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax is one of the best candle waxes that you will find on the market. Candles made from Soy wax flakes do not emit any soot or smoke that may ruin the beauty of the passages and corners of your house. Moreover, they melt easily and are available in the form of flakes. You can dispose of this wax safely after use as it is of biodegradable quality. Also, Soy wax does not burn hot and helps your candles to last longer.
- Candle Jars: Mason jars prevent the candles from spilling, and they also help them to last longer. To make mint-scented candles, you will need mason jars that are made from thick glass. They are easily available at the supermarket, or you can get them from online shopping platforms as well. You will need 4 small-sized mason jars that can hold 118 ml of wax each.
- Cotton Wicks: Cotton wicks are made from cotton and are one of the market's most available types of wicks. You can insert them conveniently while making candles, and they light quickly compared to wood wicks. Pre-waxed cotton wicks are the most recommended because they burn slowly and release a minimum amount of smoke and soot.
- Ribbon: The use of ribbon is optional as it is purely for decorative purposes.
DIY Peppermint Candles at Home - Step by step
Now that you know the actual benefits and features of candle making supplies, you can focus on the process of making Peppermint scented candles. A step-by-step process is iterated below so that you can go through the candle-making process smoothly for a better understanding of how it is done. Let’s see the actual candle-making procedure now:
Step 1: Stick the candle wick at the center of all the candle jars.
Step 2: Melt the Soy wax with the help of a double boiler setup. Use a measuring cup to measure the wax and other ingredients precisely.
Step 3: Once the wax melts completely, you can pour 15 to 20 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil and mix them well.
Step 4: Pour the wax into the mason jars slowly. You may use a wick holder to hold the wicks in place while the wax is being poured. Once all the candle jars are filled with wax, you can leave them for cooling. Also, trim the cotton wicks if required.
Step 5: Finally, tighten the lids of the candle jars and tie a ribbon around the neck of each jar to decorate them.
We hope you understand how to make Peppermint scented candles at home. Get candle-making supplies from trusted and genuine sources like VedaOils.
Here you will find premium-quality candle-making supplies, and you can also get pure and Natural Peppermint Essential Oil from their portal. So try this recipe today and make beautiful and exotic scented candles at home.