- Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein
Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein
It is a Keratin Protein that is hydrolyzed and tested carefully during production to make it with minimum ash and faintest odor. It is directly derived from the wool of sheep. Keratin is a fibrous protein that is found in nails, hair, and feathers of wool of sheep. It also forms an important constituent of our hair and nails. It offers protection and strength to our hair as it contains a good proportion of an amino acid known as cysteine that consists of sulfur.
Ideally, Keratin Protein pH level ranges from 5 to 5.8 and it contains around 20 to 23% of proteins as well. The molecular weight of Keratin ranges between 1100 and 3300 Da. and butylene glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, and phenoxyethanol, are used to preserve it. It is available in liquid form and has a typical odor and amber color. Also, it can be dissolved in water.
Keratin Protein Benefits
- Strengthens Your Hair: It rejuvenates your hair follicles and restores their natural tensile strength. Moreover, it restores the layer that protects your hair from external factors like sunlight, pollutants, dust, dirt, and other environmental factors.
- Prevents and Repairs Damage: Keratin Protein makes your hair more elastic and prevents drying of hair as well. As a result, split ends, hair fall, and other issues of hair are completely resolved.
- Improve the Hygiene of Your Hair: It does not let the chemicals harm your hair and thus proves to be good for the overall health and hygiene of your hair.
- Used in Haircare Products: Keratin Protein can also be added to skincare products to enhance the protection of the skin's outer layer.
How to use Keratin Protein?
It can be added when the formula is in the water-phase and you don’t have to change the composition of this product before adding it to the formulas. The concentration level should range between 1 and 5%. For prolonged use, it is better to store it in a refrigerator and it is only meant for external use.
Keratin Protein Specifications
- Applications: Keratin protein (Hydrolyzed) is used in all types of hair care applications such as shampoos, hair balms, pomades, conditioners, etc. Moreover, it can also be found in some skincare applications like creams and lotions.
- Raw Material Source: Sheep Wool
- Manufacturing Process: Hydrolyzed Keratin is produced by sheep wool in the presence of alkaline solution and then a combination of protease is added to bring an enzymatic hydrolyzation in the process. After that, it is filtered and purified to obtain the final product.
- Tested on Animals?: No
- GMO: It is both gluten and GMO-free.
- Vegan: Vegans can use it as it does not contain any animal-based ingredients.
- CAS Number: 69430-36-0, 107-88-0, 122-99-6, 70445-33-9
- INCI Name: Hydrolyzed keratin protein, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin.
Note: This product is only meant for external application. Therefore, avoid using it internally, and do not use it if you are suffering from any skin ailments.