Garlic Hydrosol Water
Garlic Hydrosol Water is simply a distillate derived from the spice garlic (Botanical name: Alium sativum). It is obtained when fresh garlic cloves are steam distilled. This produces a strongly garlic-scented water that is known as garlic hydrosol.
Garlic Hydrosol Water is steamed distilled in small batches in-house, on our own specialized equipment. Because we steam in such small lots, this practically guarantees that your waters are super fresh, or steamed just for your order!
Garlic Hydrosol Water can be used in lotions, creams, bath preparations or straight on the skin. They provide mild tonic and skin cleansing properties and are generally safe for all skin types. We manufacture our waters with their therapeutic value to the skin and body in mind, we do not market our waters as a scent additive - though of course all waters will have a unique scent .... some will be significantly lighter in scent than others will - this is because of the plant material they are steamed from.
If you are looking for a scent additive for your formulation that is water based, we would suggest checking out our Essential Water categories instead of hydrosol waters if you are looking for a spot on scent that matches essential oil. Essential waters are designed to add a scent "throw" into your formulations, whereas hydrosol waters are designed more for their benefits to the skin.
Garlic Hydrosol Water Benefits
- Antiseptic : Garlic hydrosol is highly antiseptic, making it a good choice for treating infections including fungal and viral infections. It can be used to prevent boils from getting infected. Simply spray some on the affected region and let it dry up. After some time, you can spray another pleasant-smelling hydrosol on top to get rid of the garlic odor.
- Antibiotic : One of the strongest natural antibiotic foods on earth is garlic. It is immensely helpful for ear infections, UTIs, and more.
- Anti-Fungal : Garlic hydrosol has potent anti-fungal properties. It destroys fungus and yeast that cause infections including nail fungus. Find a nail fungus fighting spray below.
- For Hair Growth : It may be hard to believe but garlic actually stimulates hair growth. But instead of using fresh garlic on your scalp (this will BURN!), use the much gentler garlic hydrosol. Below is a hair growth treatment recipe with garlic hydrosol.
- Antiviral : Garlic hydrosol’s antiviral properties make it good for treating colds, flu, respiratory conditions, cold sores and others.
- Anti-blemish : Yup, that’s right! Garlic hydrosol has anti-blemish properties. It helps lighten and fade away discolorations including acne scars and dark marks! Apply some on a q-tip and dab on blemishes. You can also just spray it on your blemishes and let it dry up before washing your face.c
- Boosts Immunity : Since it has antibiotic, antiseptic, antifungal and antiviral properties, garlic hydrosol strengthens and boosts the immune system. It protects your body from frequent colds, cough and allergies.
How to Use Garlic Hydrosol Water?
- Ear Drops for Ear Aches: Warm up 2 ml of garlic hydrosol. Now using a dropper, place 2 drops of it into your ear. Repeat twice a day.
- Fungal Nail Spray: In a small spray bottle, combine ¼ cup garlic hydrosol and ¼ cup of oregano hydrosol. Spray onto dry nails whenever needed. Let it dry completely.
- Hair Growth Treatment: Combine 2 tbsp pure aloe vera gel, ¼ cup of garlic hydrosol and ¼ cup rosemary hydrosol in an amber spray bottle. Spray all over your whole scalp until every area is soaked. Cover your head with a shower cap. Leave it on for 20 – 40 minutes then wash off very well using shampoo, preferably a non-sulfate one like this.
- Healing & Immune Boosting Tonic: To benefit from its healing properties, take 2 tsp of garlic hydrosol combined with 1 tsp of raw honey once daily to strengthen your immune system.
- Dries up Warts & Moles: Place a little on a cotton ball until soaked then tape it to the mole or wart. Don’t forget to first protect the skin surrounding the mole or wart by applying Vaseline or face cream or any vegetable oil. This protects it from getting burned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?