- Coco Glucoside
Cocoyl Glucoside also known popularly as Coco Glucoside is a surfactant of non-ionic form that is used in various skin care and cosmetic applications due to its multiple chemical properties. It is a good foaming agent and also possesses cleaning properties. Therefore, it can be used in foam cleansers and skin cleansers that are formulated to detoxify your skin.
Only natural cosmetic ingredients like coconut oil, palm oil (obtained from kernels), and glucose are used to manufacture this product. It does not pose any threat to the environment as it is totally biodegradable and it is safe to use as it does not contain any parabens, phthalates, and other harmful chemicals that might harm your skin.
Coco Glucoside is a clear liquid that is viscous and appears light yellow to golden in color. As it is natural, it can replace the synthetic surfactants that are used in cosmetic products. Moreover, it also possesses thickening properties and can also be blended with other natural thickers like Carrageenan Gum, Xanthan Gum, etc. to add thickness or texture to cosmetic formulations.
Coco Glucoside Benefits
- Foam-Boosting: Cocoyl Glucoside proves to be a good replacement for synthetic foaming ingredients as it is natural and does not have any side effects. Moreover, it is not harsh and does not dry out or irritate your skin.
- Rich Moisturizer: It is suitable for all skin types and as it is derived from coconut oil it proves to be a rich moisturizer as well. Due to its mild properties, it can also be used in baby care products.
- Remove Dirt & Impurities: It cleanses your skin gently and removes all the impurities and toxins like dust, dirt, bacteria, etc. from your skin pores and hair follicles. Therefore, it proves to be a good addition to cleansers, body washes, shampoos, etc.
How to Use Coco Glucoside?
You can use it as it is without changing its chemical composition. The recommended use level for shampoos can be from 30 to 45% and the recommended use level for skin care and baby care products might range from 15 to 25% depending upon the expectation and desired results. Remember that this product is only meant for external use.
Coco Glucoside Specifications
- Applications: Shampoos, skin conditioners, hair conditioners, creams, lotions, makeup products, moisturizers, etc. contain this ingredient.
- Raw Material Source: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil (derived from Kernels), and Glucose.
- Manufacturing Process: Fatty Alcohols obtained from Coconut Oil (C16 and C8) and Glucose (Starch) are combined to form Cocoyl Glucoside.
- Tested on Animals: No
- GMO: It is GMO-free
- CAS Number: 141464-42-8
- INCI Name: Coco Glucoside
- Vegan: Vegans can use it as it does not comprise cosmetic ingredients that are obtained from animals.
Note: People who are suffering from skin irritation or other issues should be careful before using it as it might cause slight irritation or redness. Therefore, we recommend such people to undertake a small patch test on their elbow to check whether it is suitable for their skin or not.