Cetostearyl Alcohol or Cetearyl Alcohol is a combination of fatty alcohols that is used widely in cosmetic applications. It is found naturally from coconut oil, palm oil, etc. Cetostearyl Alcohol is mainly produced in labs to obtain the desired quantity and quality. Cetostearyl Alcohol prevents ingredients from separating as it is an effective emulsifier and it is also sometimes used as a stabilizing agent. Cetostearyl alcohol possesses emollient properties that might prove to be beneficial to your skin.
Cetostearyl alcohol is also added to formulas as a thickening agent and it contains up to 95% of active ingredients. It is available in white pastilles or crystals and it cannot be dissolved in water. However, it is partially soluble in alcohol. The C18 and C16 weight percentages of this product range from 60 to 75% and 25 to 35% respectively. Cetostearyl Alcohol is to be used in oil-in-water emulsions but up to a certain restricted level. It has a characteristic mild aroma.
Cetostearyl Alcohol is not used due to its nutritional properties but it is mainly used due to its chemical properties that might play an important role in achieving the desired effect in cosmetic formulations. Triglycerides obtained from the vegetable oils are subjected to catalytic hydrogenation and then it is oxidized with the help of ethylene to obtain the chain growth and then it is oligomerized with the help of triethylaluminum that is used as a catalyst.
Cetostearyl Alcohol Benefits
- Thickening Agent: Cetostearyl Alcohol is added to improve the texture or viscosity of formulas due to its thickening properties. It prevents the ingredients used in the formula from separating and by doing so, Cetostearyl Alcohol promotes even consistency to the final products.
- Performance Enhancer: Cetostearyl Alcohol allows the formula to spread evenly on the skin and it directly improves their performance and effectiveness. Cetostearyl Alcohol creates an oily film on your skin that keeps the moisture locked inside.
- Safe: Unlike other alcohols, fatty alcohols are safe and do not make your skin dry or rough after application. Cetostearyl Alcohol also contains skin tightening properties to some extent.
- Co-emulsifier: Cetostearyl Alcohol can be used as an emulsifier, but it does not contain enough potential to stabilize the formulas all by itself. However, it also works and blends with other emulsifiers and therefore, can also be used as a co-emulsifier by keeping the concentration level under 2%.
- Foam Forming: Cetostearyl Alcohol enhances the foam-forming ability of the formulas and can be used in makeup products like lipsticks that do not contain water. Cetostearyl Alcohol also moisturizes your hair follicles and keeps them conditioned for a long time.
- Cetostearyl Alcohol in Cosmetics: You can use Cetostearyl Alcohol in hair shampoos, Creams, ointments, lotions, makeup products, face washes, etc. contain this ingredient.
How to use Cetostearyl Alcohol?
Cetostearyl Alcohol is utilized as an emulsion stabilizer, opacifying specialist, and foam boosting surfactant, just as a watery and nonaqueous thickness expanding specialist. It is partially soluble in alcohol, add 0.5% - 10% of Cetostearyl Alcohol, and melt before use.
|Raw Material Source:||Coconut Oil & Vegetable Oils|
|Manufacturing Process:||distillation of coconut or palm kernel oil|
|INCI Name:||Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate|
|Molecular Weight:||512.9 grams/mole|
|PH Level:||5.5 to 5.7|
|Grade Standard:||Industrial Grade|
|Shelf Life:||24 months|
|Alternative Names:||Cetearyl Alcohol|
CAUTION: As Cetearyl Alcohol contains a long chain of hydrocarbons, it can attract water molecules that creates a soothing feeling on your skin.
Buy Cetostearyl Alcohol Online in India at Low Prices
VedaOils is the leading manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of essential oils, cosmetic raw materials, and other natural products in India. To benefit from this product, buy Cetostearyl Alcohol Online and we are offering them at cost-friendly prices so that you can purchase them in bulk. We are providing Premium-Quality Cetostearyl Alcohol so that you can use them to enhance the appearance, properties, usefulness, and effectiveness of your end products. Order cetostearyl alcohol now and experience the magic of purity and quality!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?