Sandalwood Hydrosol Water
Sandalwood hydrosol is as exotic as it sounds and smells. It has a really amazing sweet warm woody and musky scent that’s very grounding and calming. Sandalwood chips from the barks of mature trees are steam distilled to obtain the essential oil and hydrosol. Hydrosol waters can be used in lotions, creams, bath preparations, or straight on the skin. They provide mild tonic and skin cleansing properties and are generally safe for all skin types.
We manufacture our waters with their therapeutic value to the skin and body in mind, we do not market our waters as a scent additive though of course, all waters will have a unique scent some will be significantly lighter in scent than others will this is because of the plant material they are steamed from. If you are looking for a scent additive for your formulation that is water-based, I would suggest checking out our Essential Water categories instead of hydrosol waters if you are looking for a spot-on scent that matches essential oil. Essential waters are designed to add a scent "throw" into your formulations, whereas hydrosol waters are designed more for their benefits to the skin their natural scent is just a bonus.
Sandalwood Hydrosol Water Benefits
- Moisturizing : Sandalwood oil is very moisturizing, and so is the hydrosol. Use it as a facial mist or mix it in your moisturizer to benefits from its deep moisturizing capabilities. Also, mist it on hair to keep it looking moisturized and silky and smelling gorgeous.
- Anti-inflammatory : This exotic hydrosol has strong anti-inflammatory effects. It soothes irritated skin and reduces inflammation related to acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Combine equal parts of sandalwood hydrosol and helichrysum hydrosol to make a healing mouthwash for gingivitis or post-dental surgery.
- Ant-aging : Sandalwood is one of the best anti-aging ingredients out there. It is great for mature skin types, nourishes skin, fights free radicals, prevents premature aging, and smoothens fine lines. Before you apply your moisturizer, first mist a bit of sandalwood on it, mix up then rub it on your face.
- Grounding : There are quite a few substances that have grounding scents and sandalwood is one of them. It has a warm woody and musky scent that is exotic. It promotes feelings of spirituality, wellbeing, goodness, and relaxation. Try misting it around as a room spray or better yet, add it to your cold air diffuser.
- Sensitive Skin Soother : Many hydrosols are suitable for sensitive skin but among the top ones include sandalwood. It is highly anti-inflammatory and soothing which helps easily irritated skin.
- Anti-infectious : Sandalwood hydrosol has anti-infectious properties. It can be diffused in the room to kill germs. It can also be added to a pot of steamy water for steam inhalation. This clears out the respiratory pathways.
How to Use Sandalwood Hydrosol Water?
- Body Mist : Store sandalwood hydrosol in a fine mist spray bottle. Mist all over your body for an exotic lingering woody perfume.
- Eczema or Psoriasis Compress : Soak a cotton round with sandalwood hydrosol and compress the affected area. This promotes healing of the raw skin underneath so it is less painful when the top layers peel away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?