Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of Moringa oleifera, also known as the Drumstick tree. Moringa oil has got a special name, it is Ben oil. It is called so because it has high amounts of behenic acid. Moringa oil has been mentioned as a very useful oil in the medicinal books of Greece and Rome. Even today, this oil is used for a number of industrial applications. It is great for topical use on the skin and the hair. It is also a nice cooking oil with a soft, appealing taste.
Moringa Oil Benefits
- Antioxidant – Ben oil has strong antioxidant capacity.
- Anti-inflammatory – The oil reduces inflammation both topically and internally.
- Anti-aging – The oil provides nutrition to our skin and relieves aging signs.
- Anti-microbial – It is traditionally used in Sudan to purify water and is shown to reduce bacterial counts.
- Disinfectant – can be used to treat wounds.
- Carrier – It is excellent carrier oil for aromatic compounds.
- Hepatoprotective – Moringa oil protects the liver from damage.
- Emollient – Moringa oil is a great moisturizer for the skin.
- Preservative – This oil resists rancidity and also used as preservative in certain products.
- Exfoliant – drives away dead skin cells.
- Enfleurage – Moringa oil absorbs the aroma of essential oils and other fragrat compounds like herbs, nuts, seeds, spices and chemicals. This makes it the perfect perfume base.
Moringa Oil Uses
- Soap – Moringa oil is used in soapmaking because of its skin cleansing and moisturizing property.
- Perfume Base – Perhaps the best natural perfume base of all oils. Moringa oil was preferred by people of ancient civilizations. It was used as base for perfumes. Even today, this remains one of the most important commercial application of moringa oil.
- Oiling Machinery – Moringa oil is a preferred oil for lubricating small machine parts, like watches.
- Cooking oil– Moringa oil is a nice cooking oil. It is used for deep frying and sauteing. Its smoke point is about 200 ° C which is good for deep frying purpose. Moringa seed oil is preferred as a salad oil in many places.
|Product Name:||Moringa Seed Oil|
|Botanical Name:||Moringa oleifera|
|Country of Origin:||India|
|Specific Gravity:||0.912-0.922 @20°C|
|Optical Rotation:||+0.4° to 0°|
|Origin of part used:||Seed|
|Shelf Life:||2 years|
|Packaging Type:||As Per Requirement|
|Extraction or Processing Method:||Cold Pressed|
|Solubility:||Soluble In Alcohol And Most Fixed Oils|
|Color||Clear to Light yellow Liquid|
|Moringa Oil Blends with:||Essential Oils|
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?