A good body wash does not only make your bath time happy and pleasant but also pampers your skin with nourishment and vital nutrients that are often robbed from your skin during a bath. Making your customized body wash gives you the liberty to choose ingredients that suit your skin type and give them the most needed nourishment.
Talking of body wash recipes, Shea butter is the most obvious choice because of its rich, creamy texture and high-fat content that offers deep nourishment to your skin, especially if you have dry skin. It forms a thick protective shield, locking moisture in your skin and preventing dryness. Here we share with you a super simple DIY shea butter body wash recipe that is easy to prepare and highly convenient to use daily and make the most of this wonder ingredient.
How to Make Shea Butter Body Wash
Before you embark on the journey of creating your body wash, it is important to understand the many benefits and properties of shea body butter-the core ingredient of our body wash recipe. Moreover, shea butter is combined with some other essential oils and natural ingredients that give a shape, structure, and texture to your body wash.
Homemade Shea Butter Body Wash Ingredients List
Here is a sneak peek into the major ingredients that contribute to making the perfect shea butter body wash. Check out their nutritional benefits and how each one chips in to give you that outstanding body wash.
- Shea Butter - ½ Cup
- Apricot Seed Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Aloe Vera Gel - 1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable Glycerin - 2 Tablespoons
- Spearmint Essential Oil - 3 Drops
- Vetiver Essential Oil - 3 Drops
- Liquid Castile Soap - 1 Cup
- Pump Dispenser - 1 Bottle
Know Homemade Shea Butter Body Wash Ingredients
Understanding each of the ingredients used in the recipe makes it highly beneficial for you to tap their potential and get a body wash that is customized for your skin and loaded with natural ingredients that work wonders for your skin.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter is the star ingredient of this DIY recipe. You can choose either refined shea butter or unrefined shea butter. Both work well for this recipe. With a subtle nutty aroma, shea butter has a smooth, creamy texture that melts instantly on skin contact absorbing well into the skin. Packed with Vitamins A, E, and F, it is highly moisturizing and works perfectly well to heal dry and chapped skin, heels, or eczema-prone skin.
- Apricot Seed Oil: Apricot seed oil works as a natural moisturizer and is loaded with antioxidants with anti-aging benefits. A high nutrition profile loaded with vitamins and minerals deeply nourishes and moisturizes the skin, repairing skin cells and improving skin texture.
- Aloe Vera Gel: This gel acts as a natural healing agent for the skin. It is loaded with antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, which help repair and heal the skin. The antioxidants in aloe vera gel help fight signs of aging and improve skin quality. For dry skin, aloe vera gel helps in oil production, thus maintaining the skin's natural moisture.
- Vegetable Glycerine: Vegetable glycerine helps lock moisture in the skin by acting as a natural humectant. It makes the skin smooth, soft, and supple. It activates the lather in soap recipes and makes an excellent addition to anybody's wash recipe.
- Liquid Castile Soap: Made of natural vegetable oils, liquid castile soap is gentle on the skin and highly effective in removing dirt, germs, and bacteria from the outer layer of the skin. It is often used as a general cleansing agent to clean the face and even dishes or a liquid laundry cleaner.
- Essential Oils: Here, you can choose essential oils as per your choice. The addition of essential oils in this recipe mainly infuse the body with a pleasant and fresh fragrance. Besides that, essential oils are also packed with therapeutic properties that help in the skin's natural healing.
DIY Shea Butter Body Wash - Step by Step Guide to Your Natural Cleanser
Knowing all the ingredients, you are now set to make this amazing DIY organic shea butter body wash that moisturizes your skin and helps to retain moisture even after a shower. We break this recipe into small, easy-to-follow instructions so that preparing your body wash is not only easy but also enjoyable. Take a look at the exact ingredients.
Step 1: Melt the shea butter on low heat using the double boiler method. You can also melt it in the microwave.
Step 2: Remove the shea butter from heat once it is melted. Mix the apricot oil, aloe vera gel, and vegetable glycerin in a separate bowl.
Step 3: Mix the bowl's ingredients well and pour in the melted shea butter. Continue to mix and add the essential oils drop by drop.
Step 4: Give the mixture a good mix and pour it into the pump dispenser bottle. Use a funnel for easy pouring and to avoid bubbles.
Step 5: Next, pour the liquid castile soap into the bottle and swirl gently to mix the ingredients well.
Step 6: Place the pump dispenser on top, and your She Butter Body Wash is ready for use.
Shea butter body wash is your ideal companion for bath time as it gives you the feeling of soap with its rich lather sans the dryness that ordinary soaps bring in the shower. Its rich, creamy texture transforms your dull and dry skin into highly moisturized and nourished skin that holds the natural moisture and keeps it hydrated for long. So, what are you waiting for? Get going and make your Shea Butter Body Wash today and enjoy your shower time without worrying about skin dryness.