Face scrubs and body scrubs are mainly preferred because of their skin cleansing abilities. However, when you use natural ingredients to make a face pack of body scrub, other benefits can also be explored.
For example, ingredients like sugar, Avocado Oil, etc., can be infused in DIY body & face scrubs. This helps exfoliate the skin while infusing the much-needed nutrition. Now lets make organic scrubs for your face and body.
DIY Homemade Avocado Sugar Scrub
Avocados are rich in Vitamin C. They not only nourish your skin but also improve its texture and provide protection from environmental factors. In addition, when blended with sugar, the cleansing properties of the face scrub or body scrub improve significantly. The following ingredients can be used to make an Avocado scrub for the face or body.
- Avocado Fruit - 1 (Mashed)
- Avocado Oil - ½ Cup
- Cane Sugar - 1 Cup
Know More About Exfoliating Avocado Sugar Scrub Ingredients
Now that you know which are the ingredients that we will be using in this DIY body/face scrub recipe, we shall know the benefits of individual ingredients in detail.
- Avocado Fruit: Avocado is one fruit that is filled with nutritional benefits for skin and hair. It is anti-inflammatory in nature and protects your skin from external factors like heat, sunlight, pollution, humidity, etc.
- It is also effective against dry skin and improves the elasticity of your skin. You might also apply the fruit pulp on your face to get rid of acne breakouts and scars.
- Avocado Oil: Avocado Oil is extracted from ripe Avocados. Therefore, it retains most of the properties that the fruit possesses. However, Avocado Oil can be much better when it comes to protecting skin from UV radiation. It is also a good ingredient to replenish and moisturize dry and irritated skin. The anti-inflammatory effects of this oil prove to be good against skin itching or irritation.
- Sugar: Sugar is a natural exfoliator that draws oil, dead skin debris, dust particles, and other impurities from your skin. When you wash it with water after application, the impurities get washed away as well.
- However, many people don’t know that sugar is also a humectant. It means that it helps to retain the moisture level of your skin. It also improves the texture of your skin and keeps it soft and plump.
How To Make Avocado Sugar Scrub - Step by step
It is quite easy to make an Avocado face scrub or Avocado body scrub. The ingredients and process for face scrub and body scrub are the same. However, the way of application differs. Let’s go into the finer details of making Avocado sugar scrub now.
Step 1: Mix Oil & Fruit
Mash the whole Avocado fruit or blend it. Now, add the Avocado Oil to the mixture.
Step 2: Add Sugar
Ensure that there is the minimum water content in the mixture, or else the sugar will start melting. You can use pure raw Cane Sugar.
This type of sugar comes with many nutritional benefits apart from just cleansing your skin.
Step 3: Make Fresh & Use as Required
Instead of making a large quantity of Avocado Sugar Scrub, you should make it fresh and use it immediately.
How To Use Avocado Sugar Scrub For Face and Body
It is quite simple to use Avocado scrub for the face or body. However, the method of application differs slightly for each of these cases. So let’s learn more about the application part now.
1. Avocado Sugar Scrub For Face
Wash your face with cold water if it isn’t cleaned. If your face is clean enough, you can apply the Avocado face scrub directly. Take some quantity of Avocado sugar scrub on your palm and massage gently all over your face with your fingers. Wash your face with cold water after 10 minutes.
2. Avocado Sugar Scrub For Body
If you intend to use Avocado Sugar Scrub for your body, you may need to increase the quantity of ingredients. First, wash your body with plain cold water. Use the body scrub and massage gently all over your body. Rinse the body with plain cold water again and experience a rejuvenated feeling.
We hope you liked our DIY Avocado sugar scrub that can be used for both body and face. Use only natural and pure ingredients while making DIY ingredients at home.
You can find chemical-free and organic ingredients on the official site of VedaOils. It is one of the best places to find natural ingredients at cost-effective rates.