Orange is full of vitamins and nutrients which are healthy for your skin. It gives your skin a healthy, bright tone and keeps issues like skin dryness away. The antioxidants in oranges work as anti-ageing ingredients and keep your skin youthful. For incorporating the benefits of orange, you need something like DIY orange body lotion, face scrub, etc.
Ingredients like sweet orange essential oil will play a vital role in DIY skincare recipes. Sweet orange essential oil rejuvenates the skin by enhancing blood flow to the skin cells. Moreover, its antimicrobial properties also treat skin infections. To explore the benefits of Orange, we are going to see a DIY orange body lotion recipe today!
Homemade Orange Scented Body Lotion Recipe
You will easily find orange body lotions, face washes, skin scrubs, etc., in the stores. However, these products contain some chemicals or compounds added to stabilize and preserve them. Instead of using these products, you can make homemade orange body lotion at your home by using sweet orange essential oil and other ingredients.
DIY Orange Body Lotion Ingredient List
For making DIY orange body lotion at your home, you need to pick the ingredients carefully. They must not contain any chemicals that may harm your skin. Also, purchasing them from trusted sources that provide organic and pure ingredients is necessary. The following list will help you to procure these ingredients easily from offline or online stores:
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Cocoa Butter - ½ Cup
- Virgin Coconut Oil - ½ Cup
- Sweet Almond Oil - ¼ Cup
Know Your Orange Body Lotion Ingredients
Each ingredient in our DIY orange body lotion has a special role in making it healthy and effective for your skin. Together, they work miraculously to hydrate your skin and promote a smooth and soft texture irrespective of the weather conditions. The useful properties and benefits of these ingredients are discussed below:
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Sweet orange essential oil is a natural cleanser that purifies your skin. It also exhibits antiseptic and astringent properties that maintain the health of your skin and prevent relief from issues like acne. It also boosts collagen as it is packed with Vitamin C. By doing so, it maintains the youthfulness of your skin.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa Butter moisturizers your skin and enhances its elasticity. The fatty acids present in it protects your skin and help to fade scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and other imperfections. In addition, it traps moisture by strengthening the skin barrier layer. As a result, it helps to keep your skin youthful for a long period.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin coconut oil keeps your skin soft and supple. It does so by fortifying your skin's protective barrier, preventing moisture from escaping. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties that soothe dry and irritated skin and promote collagen production.
- Sweet Almond Oil: Sweet almond oil enhances your skin tone and heals dry skin. It also manages issues like dark circles, puffiness of eyes, sun damage, scars, and stretch marks. Therefore, it helps maintain a healthy texture and protects your skin from the effects of aging. Therefore, it is an important ingredient in our DIY body lotion.
DIY Orange Scented Body Lotion - Step By Step
It is essential to follow all the steps necessary for making an effective, natural, and perfect orange body lotion. The exuberating and refreshing scent of oranges will make this body lotion special for your friends and loved ones. You can also give them as gifts on special occasions. To make DIY orange-scented body lotion, follow these steps:
Step 1: Melt cocoa butter in virgin coconut oil and sweet almond oil first. Ensure that the mixture becomes homogeneous and stir it occasionally to mix the ingredients perfectly.
Step 2: Place the container containing this mixture in the freezer. Don’t make it completely hard, as the sweet orange essential oil is yet to be added. It will not mix properly if the solution has hardened.
Step 3: When the mixture is in a semi-solid state, remove it from the freezer and add the sweet orange essential oil. Blend the ingredients in a blender. Ensure that the content becomes smooth and soft.
Step 4: Pour the contents in a glass bottle or jar and use it as a body lotion whenever your skin feels dry or itchy.
Tip: Don’t keep the mixture in heat as virgin coconut oil tends to melt at higher temperatures. Store it in a fridge for maintaining its consistency and effectiveness for a long period.
Hope you have liked our homemade orange body lotion. Being a natural product, it will heal your skin and work wonders on issues like skin dryness. In addition, regular use will ensure that your skin becomes soft, fluffy, and smooth. Try this today at home and keep your winter woes at bay!