Lavender is one of the most popular essential ingredients that people love using. It has been in use for various purposes for ages. You must have used lavender in different forms, such as oils. But, this can be used as a very important ingredient in making lotions, creams, and moisturizers. Have you ever tried lavender body lotion?
Its aroma mesmerizes the whole body and leaves you super relaxed? You can easily create a lavender body lotion at home in just a few easy steps. During the winter season, people try making homemade recipes using natural ingredients. Lavender body lotion can be made superbly at home, and you may use it as much as you wish to. Let us see below more about the recipe.
Homemade Lavender Body Lotion Benefits
Lavender body lotion is suitable for all skin types. It has a very relaxing aroma that mesmerizes the whole body. It's very light and soothing on the skin. If you face dryness or cracks on your skin, this lotion will immediately restore its plumpness.
In addition, the lotion moisturizes and hydrates the skin cells. Using this lotion benefits is making your skin look nourished and softer. Let us see the list of the ingredients you would need to make this lotion at home.
DIY Lavender Body Lotion Recipe Ingredients
Ingredients in a recipe should be taken in the right quantity. They should be such that they completely suit your skin and have a natural texture. The ingredients in this recipe are all organic and do not contain artificial preservatives or chemicals. Good quality ingredients always give the best outcome on the skin.
- Shea Butter - ½ Cup
- Virgin Coconut Oil - ½ Cup
- Virgin Olive Oil - ½ Cup
- Lavender Essential Oil - 30 Drops
Know Homemade Lavender Body Lotion Ingredients
Before making any recipe using essential oils at home, it's very important to know about the ingredients you would be using. Good detail of ingredients always helps to understand how they will benefit your skin. The natural ingredients are very light on the skin and provide it with complete nourishment. Let us know more about the ingredients of the recipe below.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil is a versatile essential oil used in aromatherapy. The oil has numerous benefits for the skin, such as soothing dry skin, helping lighten its texture, and reducing wrinkles. The oil is antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory properties. It nourishes the skin very well.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter helps boost skin moisture and soothe all skin problems. It heals cuts and works on dry, itchy, and chapped skin. In addition, Shea butter has anti-aging properties and is rich in antioxidants that make your skin supple and soft.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin coconut oil is antiseptic and has useful fatty acids. It is anti-inflammatory and has anti-fungal properties. The oil helps treat skin conditions. The oil prevents skin and lips from infections and moisturizes it very well.
- Virgin Olive Oil: Virgin olive oil is a natural carrier oil that helps lock the moisture into the skin and prevents moisture loss. The oil has enormous properties to make your lips nourished and hydrated.
DIY Organic Lavender Body Lotion Recipe - Step by Step
The recipe for making lavender essential oil at home is very simple to execute. You can make your body lotion with all-natural ingredients in just easy steps. It is an interesting process that will not require much of your time at home. The recipe should be followed step-wise and have all the equipment ready. Let us see the steps below that would give you an amazing lavender body lotion.
Step 1: In a mason jar, add ½ cup of shea butter and ½ cup of virgin coconut oil. Mix the two and boil them in a small pot. Then, place the mason jar into the water and simmer it up until you see the oils melt completely. Next, turn off the heat and then let the mixture cool down.
Step 2: In the following mixture, add ½ cup of virgin olive oil and 30 drops of lavender essential oil. Allow sitting until it becomes solid. Next, transfer the mixture into a bowl, and then use an electric mixer to whip the mixture until you get a solid paste-like texture of the lotion.
Step 3: Check if the mixture is whipping together well, and then pour it into the mason jar again.
Step 4: Take some lotion in your hands and massage it on your face for best results.
The lavender body lotion is one of the most famous recipes people try at home. It is suitable for all skin types and is made with all-natural ingredients. The lavender has enormous benefits for the skin and does wonders to remove any skin issues.
The lotion makes your skin supple, hydrated, and plump. In addition, the aroma of lavender is super soothing and very refreshing. If you haven't yet, create this simple recipe at home and enjoy the benefits of lavender body lotion today.