The modern-day skincare routine is incomplete without the use of serums. Consisting of a concocted concentration of essential oils and specific ingredients, face serums target specific skin problems and, at the same time, deeply hydrate and moisturize the skin. In addition, they nourish the skin cells and repair damaged tissues. However, beauty experts know that not all face serums work equally well, especially if they are loaded with harsh chemicals rather than natural and organic ingredients.
So, how do you choose the suitable face serum for your face? Well, the answer is simple, make one for yourself. So, yes, here we share with you a simple and effective recipe for a homemade face serum that helps you remove dark spots, acne scars, and blemishes, promoting naturally glowing skin.
How to Make Face Serum at Home for Acne
Dark spots, pigmentation, and blemishes result from scars left behind from stubborn acne and pimples that once ruled your face. They not only mar your beauty but also affect your self-confidence. The best way to beat these dark spots is to use a face serum that is a perfect blend of essential oils and some carrier oils that work magically to lighten the dark spots and blemishes. Read on to learn this simple DIY recipe that uses a blend of essential oils to remove dead skin cells and give you glowing skin.
DIY Face Oil for Hyperpigmentation Ingredients List
All set to explore the magical recipe of this handmade face serum for dark spots? Take a look at the simple ingredients and how they blend to bring goodness to your skin.
- Carrot Seed Oil - 10 ml
- Argan Oil - 10 ml
- Rose Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Sandalwood Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 4 Drops
- Lemon Essential Oil - 4 Drops
- Vitamin E Oil - ½ Teaspoon
- Glass Dropper - 1 Bottle
Know Homemade Serum for Dark Spots & Hyperpigmentation Ingredients
Here is a deeper insight into how each of the above ingredients contributes to making this face serum highly effective and nourishing for your dark spot-prone skin.
- Carrot Seed Oil: Rich in skin healing properties, the carrot seed oil is often used in anti-aging products as it helps to repair and revitalize the skin. It lightens dark spots, tightens the skin, removes acne scars, and improves skin complexion. Rich in Vitamin A helps regenerate new skin cells and improves skin tone.
- Argan Oil: Argan oil is a magical essential oil that slows down aging and is used for ages to clear skin complexion. It lightens the dark spots reduces hyper-pigmentation and blemishes. Its skin repairing qualities helps heal wounds, scars, and minor burns. Vitamin E and Vitamin D regenerate new skin cells and exfoliate the dead skin cells. The abundance of Vitamin E promotes de-pigmentation and has a skin-lightening effect.
- Rose Essential Oil: Rose essential oil is packed with antiseptic, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties that heal and repair skin tissues. It keeps the skin clear from germs and bacteria, thus preventing acne and pimple. It controls sebum production and deeply moisturizes the skin. The anti-aging effects of rose essential oil control dark spots and prevent wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: With soothing and cooling properties, sandalwood essential oil acts as a great skin-friendly cleansing as well. It soothes the skin and provides instant relief from skin irritations like acne scars, blemishes, dark spots, and skin rashes. It tones the skin and rejuvenates the skin tissues, adding life to it as an astringent. It helps lighten the scars and stretch marks often appearing during puberty or pregnancy.
- Frankincense Essential Oil: If you are fighting an uneven skin tone, then essential oil is the best resort to improve complexion and skin quality. It removes dark patches, dark spots, and blemishes caused by hyperpigmentation. As an astringent, it prevents the appearance of large pores and wrinkles and reduces acne scars, blemishes, and dark spots.
- Lemon Essential Oil: A natural skin bleaching agent, lemon essential oil lightens skin tone and acts as a natural cleanser. Alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) and citric acid exfoliates dead skin cells and regenerate new skin cells. It improves skin tone by reducing scars acne spots and controlling hyperpigmentation. By removing dead skin cells, it cleanses the skin improving its complexion.
- Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil offers rich and deep nourishment to the skin, promoting the growth of new skin cells and supporting cell regeneration. It hydrates and moisturizes the skin and controls the damage caused by free radicals. The result is even skin tone with reduced dark spots and acne scars.
DIY Essential Oil Face Serum Recipe for Dark Spots - Step by Step
Time to try your hands at this incredibly easy homemade recipe of a DIY Face Serum for dark spot correction. It involves minimal steps and can be prepared in just a few minutes.
How to Apply: Clean your face thoroughly before applying the serum. It is best to use the serum at night during bedtime when the oils penetrate deep into the skin and work effectively on the dark spots to reduce their scars and marks. You can also apply the serum during the day but remember to follow it up with sunscreen before going out in the sun.
While dark spots and blemishes can be stubborn, you can give them a good fight with this homemade face serum that is loaded with the goodness of so many essential oils, each of which is naturally blessed with nourishing and pampering your skin.