We've all heard about the numerous advantages of virgin coconut oil. It's great for hair masks, face and body moisturizers, shaving, oral health, cooking, and if you hadn't guessed, this DIY virgin coconut oil lip balm. It makes sense to use it as a beauty product because it has strong hydrating properties.
Virgin coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that aids in your skin's hydration. It can also help prevent dry and chapped lips, as you can see by making your own virgin coconut oil lip balm. The end product will wow you. Virgin Coconut oil's inherent healing and hydrating characteristics make it an excellent substitute for store-bought lip balms.
Homemade 5 Coconut Lip Balm DIY Recipes
This DIY product will soon be on your favorites' list since it has a wonderful natural coconut aroma, is nourishing, and gives your lips a lovely sheen. It's also fantastic because it's inexpensive and gives you complete control over the ingredients in your lip balm. You can apply some virgin coconut oil on your lips to treat chapped lips on its own, but with just five minutes and a few supplies you presumably already have, you can take it to a whole new level.
1. Petroleum Jelly and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
We all know just how intensely hydrating petroleum jelly can be. This super easy lip balm recipe requires only virgin coconut oil and petroleum jelly. You can now say bye-bye to dry, flaky lips and welcome your new, moisturized, and supple lips.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Petroleum Jelly - 1 Teaspoon
- To melt the petroleum jelly, heat it in a skillet or microwave it.
- Mix in the virgin coconut oil.
- Fill a lip balm jar with the mixture and freeze it for 20-30 minutes.
- Your lip balm is now ready for use.
2. Coconut and Arnica Lip Balm
Arnica is a homeopathic ingredient that can aid in the reduction of bruising and swelling. This arnica lip balm contains an infusion of arnica oil to help reduce swelling, hydrate, and relieve pain following treatment. Arnica lip balm can be used on chapped or dry lips as well.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 Cups
- Dried Arnica Montana Flowers - .6 Ounces
- Beeswax Pellets - ½ Cup
- Peppermint Flavor Oil - ¼ tsp.
- Vanilla Flavor Oil - ¼ tsp.
- To begin bruising the arnica blossoms, whiz them lightly in a food processor. Since you're using dried arnica, steeping the arnica blossoms in virgin coconut oil for 12-24 hours will yield the greatest benefits. Fill your double boiler or crockpot halfway with dried arnica.
- Pour two cups of virgin coconut oil over the arnica flowers and whisk to ensure that they are well submerged in the oil. Cover and infuse for 12-24 hours on low heat (warm setting on the crockpot).
- Turn off the heat or crockpot when the timer goes off and allow the mixture to cool for an hour or so. Pour the virgin coconut oil into the cheesecloth with care and allow the liquid to drain into the bowl below.
- Once the herbs have been strained out, return the filtered oil to the double boiler. Whisk in the beeswax until it is completely dissolved.
- Remove the beeswax from the heat and let it cool for 30-60 minutes. Add you're essential oils, stir to combine, and then pour into any containers you like. Your lip balm is now ready for use.
3. Homemade Lip Balm with Coconut Oil and Honey
Bye-bye, chapped, dry lips! Learn how to make lip balm with this easy DIY recipe that uses virgin coconut oil, honey, and flavour oils to hydrate your lips! Honey is a powerful antioxidant that can help keep your lips pink and luscious.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 tbsp
- Sweet Almond Oil - 1 tbsp
- Beeswax Pellets - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Flavor Oil - 20 Drops
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lip Balm Containers - 8–10 Tubes
- Remove the lids from the lip balm tubes and use a large rubber band to hold them upright.
- Fill a double boiler pot halfway with virgin coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and beeswax.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and allow the oils and wax to melt completely.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the raw honey and flavour oils. Fill the upright tubes with the mixture.
- Allow the lip balm to harden before putting the lids on the containers. This recipe makes enough lip balm to fill 8-12 tubes.
4. Coconut and Olive Oil Lip Balm
While there is an endless supply of lip care products on the market, nature provides us with everything we require. When you use virgin olive oil on your lips, you'll get benefits that include intense hydration and nourishment. It will leave your lips feeling as soft as ever.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Carnauba Wax - 1 Tablespoon
- Virgin Olive Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Melt the virgin coconut oil, carnauba wax, and virgin olive oil together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow the liquid to cool before pouring it into a container.
- Your lip balm is ready for use.
5. Coconut and Hibiscus Lip Balm
Everyone can make this simple DIY lip balm recipe, and it's quite cost-effective. These lip balms are lightly coloured with natural hibiscus powder and are free of all toxic chemicals. With moisturising Shea Butter, nourishing virgin coconut oil, and reviving Hibiscus Flower, this lip balm nourishes and revitalises lips.
- Beeswax Pellets - 1 Tablespoons
- Shea Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Hibiscus Powder - 1 Teaspoons
- Lip Balm Containers - 4 Tubes
- Melt beeswax, shea butter, and virgin coconut oil in a double boiler or small glass dish over a small pot of boiling water.
- To keep the mixture liquid, remove the pan from the heat but keep the boiler over the hot water.
- Stir in as much hibiscus powder as you like until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Fill the lip balm tubes or glass jars with the mixture.
- Allow for a few hours of room temperature before sealing your lip balms. Keep out of direct sunlight.
There's nothing virgin coconut oil can't fix. You find out more just when you thought it has enough advantages! Lip balm is a common cosmetic product that we use regularly, and because virgin coconut oil makes an excellent lip balm, why not give it a try? It can provide everything from deep nourishment to leaving your lips smelling like a tropical island.