Looking for a natural hair product that works like magic? Or do you have some extra coconut butter and want to know if it would help your hair grow? Or do you want to know how to get shiny locks ? In this post, we wiIl explain how you use coconut butter for hair, and all the outcomes you can expect from it. Read on!
Benefits of Coconut Butter for Hair
Coconut butter for hair is just pureed coconut flesh that contains coconut oil. It is solid at room temperature and quickly softens when heated, similar to coconut oil. It has numerous benefits for hair. Read on to know more about them.
- Relieves Scalp Irritation: The thick, creamy texture of coconut butter is a gift for a flaky, inflamed scalp. Coconut butter's anti-inflammatory qualities help it to lessen dryness when applied to the scalp. Coconut butter tends to quickly seep into your scalp and does not clog your scalp, making it an age-old remedy for curing scalp problems.
- Protection from Heat Damage: If you frequently use heat tools to style your hair, you must be aware of how crucial it is to protect it from heat damage. Coconut Butter acts as a natural heat shield, forming a barrier around your hair strands to protect them from any harm caused by heat. Because of its easily absorbed structure, your hair won't feel greasy and will have a healthy shine.
- Repairs Split Ends: Nobody likes having damaged and frayed ends, especially when the only method to get rid of them is to shorten the hair. Split ends in hair cannot be repaired, but they may be made to look healthier and protected from future harm. Coconut butter improves the appearance of your hair by hydrating and providing plenty of healthy nutrients to the ends of your hair.
- Softens Hair: Coconut butter is essential for replenishing the moisture you've lost over time. Coconut Butter may deeply moisturise your hair, leaving it feeling silky smooth and acting as a natural conditioner.
- Protection from UV Rays: A considerable level of SPF is included in coconut butter, preventing sun damage from occurring to your hair. Excessive sun exposure can discolour your skin, especially if you have coloured hair.
1. DIY Coconut Butter Hair Cream Recipe
By strengthening the hair strands, conditioning the hair, and healing damaged hair, this recipe promotes healthy hair and scalp. Read on to find out how you can make it.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ Teaspoon jojoba oil
- ¾ Teaspoon sweet almond oil
- ½ Tablespoon aloe vera gel
- ⅛ Teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 6 Drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 5 Drops of Chamomile Essential Oil
- 5 Drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
How to Make Step by Step
- Put the Coconut butter in a glass measuring cup or half-pint Mason jar to start producing your hair styling cream.
- Melt in a double boiler or briefly in a microwave oven (fill a small saucepan with about 1-2 inches of water and set the glass container inside, heating on low just until melted).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix. Transfer to a small, lidded, shallow container.
- Once the mixture has cooled and firmed up, refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature before using.
- Use within a month and store at room temperature (for a beautiful, creamy consistency). Any quantity you won't use by then should be refrigerated.
How to UseIf you're using it before shampooing, do the following:
- Take a pea-sized dab of cream in your hand and use your fingers to apply it straight to the hair's roots.
- Gently massage your scalp and hair for a minute or two, then wait at least 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Towel dry your hair.
- Apply a little amount of cream to your hand, then work it through damp hair. Cover all of the hair evenly, scrunch for curly styles, or smooth down with a brush for a straight appearance.
2. DIY Coconut Butter Hair Conditioner Recipe
For the ideal hair conditioner/leave-in treatment body moisturiser, we highly suggest this recipe which combines coconut butter, olive oil, and jojoba oil.
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
How to Make Step by Step
- Melt the coconut butter. To achieve this, use a candle melter plate or a double boiler.
- Add the jojoba oil and olive oil when the cocoa butter and coconut oil are fully melted. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to cool till it starts solidifying.
- Whip it until it resembles whipped cream before it solidifies fully. After 4 to 5 minutes of nonstop whipping, your conditioner should be ready.
How to Use
- Put some conditioner in your palm and run it down the middle of your hair shafts.
- You can take twice as much as is advised if you have long, thick hair in order to cover the majority of your strands.
- Concentrate just on the ends and stay away from the scalp when applying conditioner.
- Leave the conditioner on for about 7 minutes. Rinse off.
3. DIY Coconut Butter Hair Mask Recipe
This hair mask can aid in strengthening, promoting hair growth, and enhancing shine. Everything you ought to desire from a fantastic hair mask!
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Coconut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Egg
How to Make Step by Step
- Melt the coconut butter in a double boiler or the microwave.
- The warm coconut butter should be added after whisking the egg in a bowl.
- Put the honey in.
- Stir well by whisking.
How to Use
- Apply the hair mask to your hair and massage it in from root to tip.
- Sectioning things off can make it simpler.
- Make an effort to uniformly cover hair.
- After that, wrap your hair in cling wrap or a shower cap and leave for around 20 minutes.
- After a thorough rinsing, shampoo your hair as usual.
Coconut butter is a nutrient-rich aid for your hair that can add smoothness, gloss, and strength to it. And it is 100% natural and non-toxic. Although coconut butter is less popular than coconut oil, it's still a fantastic alternative for your hair. Check it out for yourself! If you are confused about where to buy coconut butter then look no further! Veda Oils has got you covered. We are suppliers of 100% organic and authentic coconut butter. Check us out!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is coconut butter good for your hair
Ans. Yes. Proteins that are crucial for maintaining healthy hair and a healthy scalp are abundant in coconut butter. When rubbed into the scalp, it can assist with dandruff and nourish, mend, and condition dry, damaged hair.
Q.2 Can you use coconut butter on your hair
Ans. Yes. You can use it either directly or in one of the DIY recipes that we have mentioned above.
Q.3 Does coconut butter help hair grow
Ans. It does, in fact. Using coconut butter will make your hair grow longer, thicker, and healthier. Coconut butter penetrates the hair cuticle and contains vitamins and fatty acids that nourish your scalp.
Q.4 Is coconut butter good for curly hair
Ans. Yes, coconut butter can smoothen and nourish curly hair wonderfully well.