When applied properly, tea tree oil has been proven to be an effective treatment for eczema. The anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial qualities of tea tree oil, an essential oil extracted from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant, help to soothe and lessen the intensity of eczema symptoms.
A skin ailment called eczema is characterized by irritating, itchy, dry, and inflammatory skin. It is an inflammatory skin condition that frequently permanently discolored parts of the skin. Although the exact cause of eczema is unknown, it is thought to be a combination of genetic, environmental, and immune system abnormalities, deficiencies in the skin's protective layer, and endocrine diseases, including thyroid illness.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil For Eczema
Various skin benefits of tea tree oil have been shown. It has numerous beneficial medicinal qualities that can help with eczema symptoms. If tea tree essential oil is mixed with another oil, such as coconut oil, it is generally considered safe to apply to the skin. Here are some advantages it provides for eczema.
- Anti-inflammatory: Terpinene-4-ol, an anti-inflammatory substance, is a component of this essential oil. The redness, itchiness, and swelling brought on by eczema flare-ups can be somewhat reduced. As a result, making it is beneficial.
- Antioxidant: The antioxidant qualities of this oil can shield the skin from harmful free radicals and stop additional skin damage. Due to its antioxidant properties, it is also good at easing discomfort and preventing the growth of wounds and the scars that frequently accompany them.
- Antiseptic: Terpinene, an antibacterial compound, is present in this essential oil. It acts to calm irritated skin and effectively treat itchy red rashes. It also works to halt or slow down the growth of germs that cause inflammation, such as bacteria, viruses, or fungi.
- Antimicrobial: Tea tree oil has antibacterial qualities that make it possible to stop infections. It can aid in preventing the spread of itchy patches to other body parts as an eczema therapy, keeping the condition contained and under control as it recovers.
- Antiviral: Eczema sufferers frequently can't resist scratching their itchy patches, which might result in skin breakdown in certain regions. If eczema results in damaged skin or blisters oozing, tea tree oil's antiviral characteristics can lessen the possibility of an infection developing.
Tea Tree Oil Uses For Eczema - Recipes
Tea tree oil should never be applied topically undiluted. When applied alone, tea tree oil invariably dries out the skin. The potency of undiluted tea tree oil may aggravate your eczema. Before applying essential oils to the skin, carrier oils dilute them. Here is how you can use tea tree oil for eczema:
Recipe 1: Coconut Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Eczema
Traditional eczema treatments like corticosteroids and antibiotics can be replaced with tea tree oil as a powerful natural option due to its anti-inflammatory effects. While coconut acts as a natural moisturizer for dry, inflamed skin.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 12 Drops
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 1 Drop
Step 1: Add coconut oil and tea tree essential oil in a clean glass bowl.
Step 2: Give it a good mix. Apply on the affected area gently. Leave it on.
Recipe 2: Shea Butter And Tea Tree Oil For Eczema
All the vitamins your skin needs to look and feel softer and smoother are in shea butter. Due to its antibacterial qualities, tea tree essential oil added to shea butter helps to lessen the severity of acne outbreaks while also protecting eczema.
- Shea Butter - 3 tbsp
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 18 Drops
Step 1: In a glass bowl, add shea butter and tea tree essential oil.
Step 2: With the help of a spatula, mix it thoroughly.
Step 3: Apply this mixture to the affected area with soft hands. Leave it on.
Recipe 3: Castor Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Eczema
Castor oil's antifungal and anti-inflammatory qualities can be used to treat skin disorders such as eczema. Due to its antifungal qualities, tea tree oil also lessens the activity of some bacteria that cause eczema and dandruff.
- Neem Oil - 2 Drops
- Castor Oil - 1 tbsp
- Grapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 2 Drops
- Lemongrass Essential Oil - 2 Drops
Step 1: Add castor oil and grapeseed oil to a bowl.
Step 2: Add two drops each of tea tree, neem, and lemongrass essential oils to the bowl.
Step 3: Wash your face with water and pat it dry. Apply this combination to your skin and let it dry.
Recipe 4: Tea Tree Oil And Vaseline For Eczema
The occlusive properties of vaseline jelly seal moisture and aid in the skin's natural regeneration process. This also assists in reducing itching and dry skin. When combined with tea tree oil, the antimicrobial properties fight germs and naturally heal the skin.
- Vaseline - 1 tbsp
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 2 Drops
Step 1: Take a glass bowl and add vaseline and tea tree oil to it. Mix it up thoroughly.
Step 2: Apply this mixture to the affected area. Leave it on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since we have already read about the benefits that tea tree offers for eczema, Now let us get into some frequently asked queries:
Q: Can Tea Tree Oil Cause Eczema?
Ans: No, tea tree oil doesn't cause eczema. It provides relief from eczema and its causes.
Q: Is Tea Tree Oil Safe For Eczema?
Ans: Yes, tea tree oil is completely safe for eczema. When applied properly, diluted tea tree oil can be a secure and reliable substitute for common lotions and ointments.
Q: Does Tea Tree Oil Help Eczema And Itching?
Ans: Yes, tea tree oil helps with eczema and itching. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-itching qualities can help lessen some of the most severe eczema symptoms.
Tea tree essential oil has been proven to be a successful natural alternative to conventional eczema treatments. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial healing characteristics can help lessen some of the most severe and chronic eczema symptoms. However, a patch test is always recommended. If you are searching for a place that sells 100% pure tea tree essential oil, you can get yours from Vedaoils, a leading manufacturer of pure and organic essential oils.