Babies tend to have naturally soft, thin, and delicate hair that needs extra care and nourishment. Olive oil for baby hair, with its natural goodness of Vitamin A, E, and fatty acids, helps to strengthen the growing hair roots and promotes good hair growth.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Baby Hair
Here we help you discover the many benefits of applying olive oil to your baby's hair and how it can help your baby fight early scalp infections, control hair fall, and boosts hair growth.
- Relief from Itchy Scalp: Baby hair is more prone to dryness which can make the scalp itchy and dry. Regular use of olive oil helps to keep the scalp well nourished and moisturized, controlling dryness and flakiness. A dry scalp may lead to skin irritations causing babies to itch again and again and worsening the condition. Olive oil is high in fatty acids that moisturize the scalp and prevent itchiness.
- Prevention of Hair Grease: Olive oil is lightweight and non-greasy that is easily absorbed by the scalp and hair. It nourishes the hair without making the hair look greasy or sticky. A greasy scalp can restrict hair growth, but polyphenols available in the olive oil help to keep the scalp clean and free from dirt and debris.
- Protection from Infection: The baby's scalp is easily prone to cradle cap, a common infection of the scalp found in newborns and infants. It is also prone to fungus, bacterial infections, and head lice. Olive oil loaded with anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties helps combat these common scalp infections without making the scalp and hair rough or dry.
- Better Hair Strength: Olive oil is a storehouse of natural vitamins and minerals that easily get absorbed in the hair shaft,, offering complete nourishment to the baby's hair. It adds strength to the hair while making them soft and shiny on the outside. With better strength, the hair is less prone to hair fall and exhibits softness and vitality on the outside.
- Presence of Fatty Acids: Loaded with rich fatty acids, olive oil offers optimum moisture to the hair and prevents its dryness. It ensures that the moisture is locked within the hair shafts by forming a protective shield on the outside. This protects baby hair from the harshness of the sun and other environmental factors. It keeps the hair soft and silky without making them look greasy or oily.
- Improved Hair Growth: A gentle massage of the hair and scalp with olive oil before bath time is most recommended by doctors as it improves and toughens the tuft of children. Besides fostering hair growth, olive oil helps to manage frizz in baby hair and reduces hair fall. It increases blood circulation in the scalp and improves hair growth.
How to Use Olive Oil for Baby Hair?
While olive oil comes loaded with its natural goodness, it is important to learn the correct tricks of applying the oil to baby hair to derive its maximum potential.
A baby's skull is very delicate and soft; therefore, massaging the oil into the scalp of the baby can be a bit intimidating. Here are some simple and effective ways of applying olive oil to a baby's scalp and hair.
- It is best to apply olive oil to your baby's hair just before bath time. Allow the oil to be soaked in the hair before you take the baby for a bath.
- You can leave the oil overnight on the baby's head, but if your little one is prone to catching a cold, then avoid overnight application and stick to the bath time routine.
- Apply lukewarm olive oil to your baby's hair and gently allow it to be absorbed by the scalp and hair.
- Do not apply pressure on the soft skull of the baby. Use a soft cotton cloth or a soft bristle flat brush to apply the oil to the baby's hair.
- Let the oil soak in for about 15-20 minutes.
- You can give a gentle massage to your baby with light hands on the head but make sure that your nails are well trimmed.
Olive oil works magic for your baby's hair as it perfectly moisturizes the hair and replenishes all the lost moisture. Penetrating deep into the hair shaft strengthens hair roots and naturally promotes hair growth. For kids born with coarse or curly hair, it helps to control frizz and reduce dryness.
So, if you are looking out for the best quality Olive oil for your baby, then shop at vedaoils.com and explore the goodness of this natural oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is olive oil good for a baby's scalp?
Ans. Olive oil is loaded with Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and fatty acids, all of which nourish a baby's scalp and hair. In addition, it strengthens hair roots and locks moisture in the hair.
Q.2 What does olive oil do for baby hair?
Ans. Olive oil nourishes and moisturizes baby hair, strengthening its roots and promoting healthy hair growth.
Q.3 Is olive oil safe for baby hair?
Ans. Yes, Olive oil is safe for baby hair without any side effects. Good quality olive oil naturally makes baby hair soft and silky as it is 100% organic and free from artificial additives and fragrances.