Derived from the fruit seeds of the Kokum Tree, Kokum Butter soothes irritated skin. It proves to be an excellent ointment for dry skin as it restores its lost moisture. It is a lightweight butter that does not make your skin sticky or greasy after application. Therefore, even those who have oily skin can incorporate it into their skincare regime.
Kokum Butter contains Vitamin E that is healthy for your skin. Vitamin E comprises powerful antioxidants that protect the skin by improving barrier function. It also contains trace amounts of Vitamin A, C, B3, and minerals such as zinc, potassium, iron, calcium, and manganese. All these nutrients make it ideal for maintaining the health of your skin.
Kokum Body Butter is mostly added to lip care and skincare products such as lip balms, body lotions, moisturizers, etc. Its ability to sustain its form and texture even at higher temperatures makes it convenient to use. Moreover, it is easy-to-store and exhibits a long shelf-life as well. Many skin practitioners utilize it to treat aging symptoms and other skin issues. Ideal for application during the winter season, Kokum Butter is applicable for all skin types.
Kokum Butter in Skin Care Benefits
Kokum Butter is rich in antioxidants and possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It exhibits anti-aging effects as well. Being a natural emollient, it is beneficial for your skin in many ways. The top 10 benefits of Kokum Butter are listed below:
- Skin Brightening - The essential fatty acids present in Kokum Butter assists in the oxygenation of skin cells. As a result, the nutrients present in it get absorbed in your skin and provide a bright complexion. Therefore, you can include it in your face care regime. As it is non-comedogenic, it does not clog pores and suits even acne-prone or oily skin.
- Cracked Feet - The healing effects of organic Kokum Butter ensure that dry areas become soft. Also, the cracks in the skin get repaired naturally as it also possesses skin regeneration qualities. These benefits make it ideal for treating cracked feet and heels. You can apply it on your feet especially during the winter season when your feet get dry and develop cracks.
- Skin Moisturizer - Kokum Butter nourishes skin deeply and keeps it hydrated for a long time. Therefore, it proves to be effective when the climate is cold and during outdoor activities like trekking, camping, and adventurous water sports. People who have excessively dry, scaly, and patchy skin can also utilize it for making their skin soft and smooth.
- Sensitive Skin - Loaded with minerals and vitamins, Kokum Butter is excellent for sensitive skin. It contains copious amounts of Vitamin E that repairs broken and sensitive skin. Moreover, it improves the elasticity of the skin and makes it look youthful by working on fine lines, wrinkles, and other aging symptoms. Therefore, it is suitable for both sensitive and aging skin.
- Glowing Skin - By replenishing the lost softness of your skin, Kokum Butter makes it soft and flawless. It also improves blood circulation to the skin cells and imparts a glowing complexion by doing so. If you suffer from a dry and listless-looking face during the cold and rainy season, you should apply Kokum Butter daily on your face. Kokum Butter ensures that your face looks fresh, soft, and glowing every time!
- Acne-Prone Skin - The healing properties of Kokum Butter make sure that your acne scars get minimized. Also, it unclogs the pores and cleanses them deeply to provide instant relief from acne and pimples. The anti-inflammatory properties of Kokum Butter and powerful antioxidants protect your skin and prevent acne breakouts in the future. Therefore, it is often added to anti-acne solutions.
- Stretch Marks - By improving the elasticity of your skin, Kokum Butter makes it appear youthful and flawless. It also works on the stretch marks and its skin regenerating qualities fill the fine cracks. All this helps to minimize the stretch marks formed due to exercise, during pregnancy and other issues. Apply Kokum Butter on the stretch marks regularly to experience the results quickly!
- Eczema - Eczema causes extreme irritation and uneasiness to the skin. The strong anti-inflammatory effects of Kokum Butter soothe skin irritation and also prevent the itching sensation. You can also mix Kokum Butter with buttermilk for healing eczema. This mixture proves to be effective against skin burns and rashes as well. You may utilize Kokum Butter to treat scalp infections and irritation too.
- Hyperpigmentation - Hyperpigmentation is caused due to overproduction of melanin. As a result, dark patches appear on your skin and it looks uneven. To restore this unevenness of your skin, apply Kokum Butter on the affected areas. Its presence of Vitamin A makes dark patches light and Vitamin E ensures that the dark patches do not develop in the future. As a result, it proves to be an excellent cure for hyperpigmentation.
- Skin Allergy - Kokum Butter has a soothing effect when applied to the skin. Therefore, you can utilize it to keep skin allergies at bay. It even soothes skin infections, cuts, and minor injuries due to these properties. You may even use it to treat skin burns and tanned skin. All these benefits make Kokum Butter a versatile ingredient in the skincare industry.
How to Use Kokum Butter in Skincare?
Kokum Butter is often used as a thickener in skincare and cosmetic products. Moreover, it melts instantly on coming in contact with the skin. Also, its non-greasy form and emollient properties make it ideal for a vast range of skin products such as body lotions, moisturizers, face creams, and a lot more. The nourishing effects of Kokum Butter can also be utilized to heal dry and cracked lips. The mild amazing scent and skin benefits of Kokum Butter make it ideal for soaps as well. In the below section, we have tried to explain why and how it is used in skincare applications:
- Body & Lip Balms - Add 1 1/2 tbsp. of Kokum Butter in a saucepan comprising grated 1 tsp of beeswax, 2 tbsp of Jojoba Oil, and 3 drops of Frankincense, Carrot Seed, and Ylang Ylang Essential Oil each. Add ½ tbsp of Shea Butter and let the mixture melt and settle completely. Cool it before applying it as a body or lip balm. The moisturizing properties of Kokum Butter will heal dry, cracked, and irritated skin and lips.
- Lotions & Creams - The lightweight and negligible aroma of Kokum Butter makes it ideal for lotions and creams. It is added to body lotions due to its regenerative properties. Also, as it exhibits anti-aging qualities, it is added to face creams as well. Melt 100 grams of Kokum Butter is 100 ml of coconut oil, and add Lavender Essential oil (up to 20 drops) once the mixture cools down.
- Soap Bars - Kokum Butter gives a smooth consistency to the soaps while maintaining their hardness. Heat soap base and add Kokum Butter along with the necessary carrier oils and essential oils. We prefer that you use Castor, Coconut, and Olive carrier oil. Adding Eucalyptus Essential Oil would be enough for giving it an exotic fragrance. This soap bar proves to be excellent for cleansing without making it dry.
- Hair Conditioners - When added to hair conditioners, Kokum Butter helps manage frizzy and dry hair. For making DIY hair conditioner with Kokum Butter, heat argan Oil (5%) along with Camellia Seed Oil (8%) and emulsifying wax (5%). Stop the heat and add Kokum Butter (6%) to the mixture. Let it cool down and add natural preservatives (1%), D-panthenol (2%), and any essential oil (1%) of your choice. Your natural hair conditioner is now ready to use!
We have seen the various benefits of Kokum Butter for the skin. Kokum Butter is much better for oily and acne-prone skin as compared to some other body butter types. It is also effective when added to soaps because of its mild lathering properties. However, ensure that you choose only pure and organic Kokum Butter. Select the Kokum Butter that does not contain preservatives, artificial fragrances, and colors as it would be perfectly safe for your skin. We hope that Kokum Butter serves you well this winter season and provides numerous benefits for your skin!
You May Also Like:
- Citric Acid Powder for Skin Care
- Difference Between Lip Balm and Lip Gloss
- 7 Benefits of Neem Powder for Face
- Top 10 Benefits of Jamun Seed Powder for hair
- Tulsi Powder Face Pack- DIYs & Benefits