Coconut oil is not unknown to us, and it is an age-old natural solution for almost every problem associated with hair and skin. Coconut oil has many more practical uses outside of cooking. With many beneficial properties, coconut oil is a perfect natural remedy for treating acne problems.
It is a comedogenic substance that helps it clear out clogged pores. In addition, coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids that help kill acne-causing bacteria. But in the end, we must also understand that to get the best results. We must use the ingredient correctly. Let's further discuss in detail the different benefits of coconut oil for acne.
Benefits of Applying Coconut Oil On Face Overnight For Acne
Coconut oil is an amazing oil that boasts natural antimicrobial properties that help in killing serious acne problems in every skin type. Coconut oil can kill propionibacteria acnes, the main bacteria responsible for causing acne. Let's discuss in detail the benefits of coconut oil for acne in thorough detail.
- Skin Antioxidants: Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrient (plant compounds) components that help boost the skin's nutrient factor. In addition, it also helps fight any damage against environmental stressors that accelerate the signs of ageing.
- Protective Barrier: You may not know coconut oil provides a strong protective layer or barrier that helps shield the skin from environmental toxins. It also protects your skin from dirt or germ stuff on your face daily.
- Kills Acne Bacteria: Coconut oil is a natural agent rich in lauric acid, which helps kill the bacteria which cause acne on your skin. So applying coconut oil to your skin eliminates all types of acne-causing bacteria, increases skin moisture, and reduces acne scarring.
- Moisturizes Skin: Coconut oil helps moisturize the skin and makes it feel silky and smooth. It is also said to boost collagen production in the skin, which helps fade away dark spots or marks caused by acne or pimples. It also helps with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Prevents New Lesions: Coconut oil is rich in anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It helps in preventing the surfacing of new acne lesions. It is packed with vitamins and antioxidants that help in the growth of healthy skin cells that helps to remove the marks of a pimple.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Acne Scars?
Coconut oil is a safe, natural ingredient that can be used to treat our pimple problems in the best way possible. But when they are paired up with the right essential oil ingredients, you get to maximize their benefits and get relief from problems like acne.
1. Coconut Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars
Put some coconut oil in a bowl and add about two to three drops of tea tree essential oil. Mix it well, and then apply the mixture directly to your acne scars. Let it sit on your skin, and then wash it off the next morning. You will see results just within a few days of its usage.
2. Shea Butter And Coconut Oil For Acne
Both Shea butter and coconut oil are rich in antibacterial properties. This makes them a great ingredient to get rid of acne and clogged pores. Add one tablespoon shea butter and 3-4 drops of coconut oil and mix it well. Apply this mixture every day to your skin and see the results yourself.
3. Camphor And Coconut Oil For Acne Scars
Take some generous quantity of camphor and coconut oil blend on the affected area. Make sure you apply the mixture twice daily to get rid of dark spots, acne and acne scars. This blend is proven to reduce acne scars, and it also lessens the recurrence of acne.
4. Honey And Coconut Oil For Acne
Honey and coconut oil for acne are the best blend to treat acne problems. All you need to do is mix honey and coconut oil and apply the mixture to your face. Massage it gently for 5 minutes and wipe it off with a damp cloth.
5. Coconut Oil And Sugar Scrub For Acne
Natural scrub made using coconut oil and sugar helps you fight acne problems very easy. All you need is a half cup of coconut oil and brown granulated sugar, and apply it to your skin. This mixture will hydrate and moisturize the skin leaving it smooth and supple.
6. Coconut Oil And Baking Soda For Acne
Add baking soda with coconut oil to a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Apply this mixture to your skin and rub it in slow circular motions. Leave the mixture on your skin for 5-10 minutes, then wash it off. This natural blend is suitable for sensitive and oily skin.
7. Turmeric And Coconut Oil For Acne
Turmeric is an age-old natural ingredient that treats acne problems. So when you use turmeric and coconut oil together, it helps in destroying the bacteria due to its antibacterial properties. Just mix turmeric with coconut oil and apply it to the affected area, let it sit and wash it off with lukewarm water.
8. Aloe Vera And Coconut Oil For Acne
You can use aloe vera and coconut oil together for acne by using coconut oil as your base and adding ½ cup of raw aloe vera juice to ½ cup of coconut oil. You can also add one tablespoon of sugar to make an exfoliating blend that can help eliminate acne and pimples.
9. Coconut Oil And Lemon For Acne
Coconut oil and lemon mixture is an effective mixture that can help you get rid of acne problems. You must squeeze half a lemon into a bowl and add one tbsp of coconut oil. Leave it on your face for 10 minutes and then later wash it off with lukewarm water and see the results yourself.
Coconut Oil For Acne Scars Before And After
- Before: Before using coconut oil, your skin might be dry, suffering from clogged pores and acne problems. That's because your skin lacks antioxidants and rich nutrients like vitamins and minerals. All of this ultimately results in acne.
- After: After using coconut oil for acne, you can fight off many bacteria that cause acne to your skin. It also contains lauric acid that helps you get rid of clogged pores that lead to acne. And the antibacterial and antifungal properties protect your skin from any potential damage.
In conclusion, coconut oil is a super amazing oil with many benefits for our skin, especially for acne problems. Coconut oil supports your skin's barrier function, retaining moisture to keep skin supple and hydrated. So, it's time you incorporate coconut oil into your skin care regimen and get rid of acne as early as possible.