Making Scented Candles can be a need, hobby, or profession for many. However, if you are into candle making business or pursue it as a hobby, you must be aware of the various kinds of scents that you can introduce to the DIY candles.
Pine is one of those rare scents that gives a special aroma to your candles. Pine-scented candles are loved and cherished by many due to the strong blend of woodsy, spicy, and herbal aroma they exude. So without wasting any time, let's dive deeper into making pine scented candles.
Benefits of Pine Scented Candles
Pine-scented candles are not just useful to keep your ambience fresh and vibrant. They can also be given gifts or used due to their stress-busting properties. Here are the top benefits of pine-scented candles:
- Fresh Aroma of Forest: If you want to bring the fresh fragrance of forest into your drawing room, use pine fragrance in your scented candles. When you light a pine-scented candle, it will deodorize your room by eliminating the bad odour. Moreover, it also proves to be an excellent air purifier due to its antimicrobial properties.
- Aromatherapy Candles: Pine scented candles work for aromatherapy purposes as well. Their relaxing scent eases the thought processes and relieves symptoms of anxiety, stress, and other mental issues. In addition, pine is an effective energy booster and allows you to concentrate better by making your mind fresh and alert.
- Improves Respiration: The decongestant properties of pine needle essential oil can be experienced in pine-scented candles. As a result, they open up and relax your air passages and allow you to breathe clearly and freely. They might also be useful in reducing issues like congestion and sore throat.
- Natural & Safe: The pine-scented candle recipe we are sharing today consists of only natural and pure ingredients. Therefore, the scented candles will not cause any side effects, and neither will they prove to be detrimental to your health in any way.
- Great Holiday Gift: The fresh and energetic aroma of pine-scented candles will transport your mind into a holiday mood. Therefore, you can make DIY pine-scented candles and give them as holiday gifts to your loved ones and friends. The candle-making process will also allow you to explore your creative sense.
Know More About Pine Scented Candle Supplies
To know more about the pine-scented candles, you need to be aware of the ingredients that will be used to make them. These pure and organic ingredients have been chosen carefully for better quality scented candles. Let’s look at the ingredients and their properties now.
- Pine Needle Essential Oil: Pine Needle Essential Oil is directly obtained from pine needles. Therefore, it is completely fresh, natural, and pure. It smells exotic and adds a unique and sharp scent to the candles. If you feel low or gloomy, you may diffuse pine needle essential oil to instantly refresh your spirits.
- Soy Wax Flakes: Soy Wax Flakes are preferred for making scented candles because of their ability to hold the scent for a long time. It also burns cleanly and does not make your passages dark due to smoke and soot. In addition, organic soy wax flakes have a low melting point, making it easy for you to meet and make wax.
- Candle Jar: It is used to set the candles properly. A glass jar that can hold up to 115 grams of wax would be enough to make a huge candle. We recommend you to use dark or amber-colored candle jars as clear-colored jars will collect the smoke and blacken after a specific period.
- Candle Wicks: We recommend using wooden wicks as they burn slowly and retain scent. You can also use cotton wicks that are pre-waxed to get a long-lasting and consistently burning candle. Use the wicks of the correct length and size as per the dimensions of your candle jars.
How To Make Pine Scented Candles - Step by step
Once you have procured all the ingredients for making DIY pine-scented candles, you need to properly measure the wax, essential oil and other candle making supplies.
Candle Making Supplies:
- Pine Needle Essential Oil - 20 Drops
- Soy Wax Flakes - 1 Cup
- Glass Candle Jar
- Wooden Candle Wick
Step 1: Melt the soy wax flakes by using a double-boiler setup. Heat the wax until it reaches up to 85-degree Celsius.
Step 2: Attach the candle wick to the candle jar using hot glue. You should use a centering device to keep the wick in place.
Step 3: Add the pine needle essential oil to the molten wax and blend it nicely using a spatula. Allow the wax to cool up to 60-degree Celsius.
Step 4: Finally, you can pour the molten wax into the container and keep it aside for a few hours to set. Around 5 hours would be enough to set the wax completely, but curing may need additional 24 hours.
Step 5: Curing candles are essential for getting rid of the unwanted gases and chemicals that may have been formed while melting and mixing the wax. Therefore, we recommend using the candles after a couple of days once they are set.
Now that you are well aware of the candle-making process and recipe, start making DIY pine-scented candles at your home. Share your experience with us, and you may also use different oil blends to bring out more exotic fragrances from your scented candles.
Use only pure and natural pine needle essential oil and other candle making supplies. Enjoy the candle-making process and make great candles to light up your home at special events and festivals.