We Ship Globally. Free Shipping in India on Orders over ₹999

Lactic Acid

Lactic Acid

Regular price Rs. 390.00 Sale



Bulk Enquiry
customers are viewing this product


Lactic Acid

Lactic Acid belongs to the AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) group of acids and is naturally found in many food products as well. It is mostly found in milk and its products. However, this lactic acid is made by making sugars go through the process of fermentation.

It is used in many personal and skincare products and is sometimes used in hair care applications. It exhibits both hydrating and skin exfoliating properties. Therefore, it is widely used as one of the key cosmetic ingredients in skincare products formulated to moisturize and clean the skin.

Lactic acid is colourless but can sometimes be whitish as well. It has a characteristic odor and is highly concentrated (88%). The remaining 12% consists of water. This Grade-CG compound has a pH value of 0.5 and can be dissolved seamlessly in water.

Lactic Acid Benefits

  • Skin Whitening Properties: Lactic acid is primarily used for exfoliating skin but it can also be used to eliminate fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. Moreover, it also works as a skin brightening agent.
  • Used in Cosmetics Products: It is one of the most popular cosmetic raw materials that is mostly used in cosmetic products like skin peels and masks.
  • Repair Skin Damages: It exfoliates your skin by removing the dead skin cells and dirt particles from its top layer. By doing so, boosts the regeneration of skin cells and also makes your skin smooth, soft, and blemish-free.
  • Skin Moisturizer: Lactic acid is milder than most of the AHAs and therefore, can be included in your weekly skincare regime. It also improves the moisture retention capacity of your skin cells and makes them less dry than before.
  • Anti Aging Properties: This acid also stimulates the production of collagen and restores the natural firmness of your skin. It can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, but it might not prove effective in reducing the lines that have become deeper due to ageing.
  • Skin Disinfectant: People who are suffering from acne and breakouts can also use it to get rid of these issues. Sometimes, it is even applied to the infected areas to reduce its spreading. You can also apply it to reduce hyperpigmentation, dullness, etc.
  • Smoothens Skin: Lactic Acid is an ideal ingredient in peels because it is both gentle and effective. People with sensitive skin can also use it as a peel because of its milder properties.

How to use Lactic acid?

Do not use lactic acid in its purest, i.e. concentrated form as its acidic properties might cause irritation or burning sensation on your skin. The concentration level can range between 1 and 20%. It is meant to be used for external purposes only and retains its effectiveness up to 1 year when stored in a cold and moisture-free place.

People who use it regularly should use sunscreen, sun protectors, and other products that can safeguard their skin from direct sunlight. This is because the skin becomes extra sensitive during its use.

Lactic acid Specifications

  • Applications: Lactic acid easily added to peels, moisturizers, masks, skin cleansers, creams, lotions, and other skincare products. As it is acidic, the manufactured product's pH level should be checked, and it should range from 3.5 to 5. If you use the OTC (Over The Counter) products containing lactic acid, it might separate after adding lactic acid due to its low pH level. Therefore, you might need to stabilize it before using it.
  • Raw Material Source: Different sugars and corn starch
  • Manufacturing Process: It is created by fermentation of sugar, starch, or other carbohydrates by using different types of lactobacilli. Glucose obtained from corn starch, sucrose (pure), juice of sugar beet (raw), are also used in the process.
  • Tested on Animals?: No
  • GMO: Data unavailable
  • Vegan: It can be used by vegans because it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients.
  • CAS Number: 50-21-5, 79-33-4
  • INCI Name: Lactic Acid, Water

Note: This product is only meant for external application. Therefore, avoid using it internally, and do not use it if you are suffering from any skin ailments.

Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter Pin on Pinterest