Think Rose….and you think love. Then why not shower a bit of this love on your hair too? Rose petals have always been a symbol of celebration but did you know that they can pamper your hair with the much-needed nutrition that your locks deserve? Yes, rose petals are a blessing for your hair when used perfectly.
Rose petals serve as a natural cleanser and conditioner for your hair scalp. They are natural storehouses of antioxidants and antimicrobial properties that nourish your scalp and promote the growth of healthy hair. They deeply moisturize your hair and prevent the breakout of scalp acne and much-dreaded dandruff.
5 Rose Petal Benefits for Hair
Rose petals or the loose petals of the evergreen rose flower serve as the base for rose oil, rose water, and rose petal powder all of which have been used in beauty treatments for ages. Rose is a universal flower that is symbolic of love and is loaded with vital nutrients and vitamins that can work magic on your hair. Some major benefits of rose petals for hair are listed below.
● Treats Dandruff: Dandruff arises due to the build-up of dead skin cells on the hair scalp. This condition can be annoying and it can rob your hair of its natural shine and beauty. Rose petals with their natural antioxidants help to clear the scalp of the dead skin cells and retain moisture in the hair follicles. Regular use of rose petal powder as a hair mask helps to control dandruff and add shine to your hair.
● Hydrates your Hair: Dry frizzy hair lack nutrition and moisture which makes them look thin and lifeless. Rose petals powder is a natural and organic treatment for moisturizing your hair and keeping them hydrated for long. It makes your hair look thicker, stronger, and voluminous. T removes excess salts from your hair making them softer and shinier.
● Promotes Hair Growth: Rose petals are rich in natural vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C, and E. All of these nutrients nullify the ill effects of chemicals and harsh heating elements to which your hair is often subject. Regular use of rose petals for hair nourishes them and strengthens hair follicles thus promoting the growth of thick, healthy, and strong hair.
● Acts as a Hair Cleanser: Rich in antibacterial properties, rose petals act as a natural cleanser for your scalp and keep it clean and refreshed without the use of harsh chemicals. It prevents fungal and bacterial infections of the scalp that affect hair growth and lead to various hair problems.
● Balances the pH Level of your Hair: Your hair is subject to environmental pollution and strong salts that are present in water. Rose petals powder helps to maintain the natural pH balance of the hair which ranges between 4.5 and 5.5. It restores the natural oils of the hair without making them dry or damaged.
Rose Petals DIY Recipe for Soft & Silky Hair
Rose petals are highly beneficial for the hair, especially when blended with other therapeutic ingredients like coconut oil, rosemary oil, and honey. It deeply nourishes and moisturizes the skin while improving hair quality and making them strong. Though this DIY recipe includes a few steps yet it is easy to make and worth trying to uplift your hair and give them a boost.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 5 drops rosemary oil
- A handful of sundried rose petals
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A mixing bowl
- Heat the coconut oil on low flame for about 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and let the coconut oil cool down. Coconut oil is composed of small chain fatty acids that nourish the hair and promote hair growth.
- Now, add 5 drops of rosemary oil to the coconut oil and mix well. Rosemary oil is a natural essential oil that controls oil secretion and breaks down sebum build-up on the scalp. It cleanses the scalp and adds bounce to the hair.
- Now grind the handful of sundried rose petals and make a fine powder. Add a tablespoon of the rose petal powder to the oil mixture and mix well till all the ingredients blend well.
- Next, add a tablespoon of honey to the hair mask. Honey acts as a natural humectant that nourishes the hair and moisturizes them especially dried and frizzy hair. Your hair mask is ready!
How to Use:
Part your hair using a wide-toothed comb. Ensure to remove all tangles before applying the mask. Apply the lukewarm hair mask on your hair targeting the hair roots and the scalp. Make small sections on your hair and apply the mask evenly starting from the roots to the strands.
Gently massage your scalp using your fingertips for about 5-10 minutes. Allow the mask to sit for about 45 minutes and then rinse it clean with a mild shampoo. Use a light conditioner to further restore the nourishment of the hair mask. Let your hair dry naturally to avoid frizz.
Rose Petal for Hair: FAQs
Still, wondering how rose petals can work well for your hair? Well, we help you clear the air by answering some frequently asked questions. These simple questions and answers give you deeper insights into the uses and benefits of rose petals for hair care.
Q1. Can we use rose petals powder for hair?
Ans: Yes, rose petal powder is highly beneficial for hair. It moisturizes and nourishes the hair while providing vital nutrients to it. Through its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, it cleanses the scalp and keeps it well hydrated.
Q2. Which flower is used for hair growth?
Ans: Many natural flowers like jasmine, hibiscus, bergamot, rose, rosemary, moringa, white lilies, and arnica are all known to be natural agents for hair growth. They nourish and moisturize the hair scalp and promote the growth of strong and healthy hair.
Q3. Do roses promote hair growth?
Ans: Yes, roses are rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial properties. They deeply nourish and cleanse the scalp, thus strengthening hair follicles and promoting the growth of healthy hair. They serve as a natural conditioner for the hair and prevent the occurrence of dandruff and scalp infection.
Q4. How do you use rose petals powder on your hair?
Ans: Rose petal powder can be effectively incorporated in hair masks and hair conditioning creams. It is one of the best ways to use natural and organic ingredients to nourish the hair and improve its quality, strength, and volume. It is also an effective treatment for dandruff and hair scalp infections.
With a multitude of benefits of rose petals for your lovely tresses, roses are sure to find a place in your hair care regime. Besides, gifting them to your loved ones, try gifting the benefits of rose petals to your hair and see how your dull and damaged hair transforms into beautiful, shiny, and strong locks that exude strength, vitality, and brilliance with regular use of these magical petals.