Cursing your curls is easy because they can be frizzy, untamed, and rough. But what if we tell you that our simple DIY hair masks can help you get perfectly smooth, shiny, and healthy curls? Yes, read below to unlock the secrets of managing your frizzy curls that can add to your beauty rather than messing it up.
The challenges of curly hair can be tough, but these DIY hair masks for curly frizzy hair use some simple everyday ingredients from your kitchen to nourish and deeply moisturize your curly hair so that managing your tresses is not only easy but pure pleasure. So, read on to unlock the secrets of some easy and conveniently applied hair masks that transform your curls remarkably.
Benefits of Using Hair Mask
Homemade hair masks are natural and organic use simple ingredients and are free from harsh chemicals that can further damage dry and frizzy curly hair. Here we list some of the major benefits of hair masks and why it is important to pamper your curly hair with all the love and goodness of these natural ingredients.
1. Improves Hair Quality: Curly hair is frizzy, rough, and difficult to handle. A natural DIY deep conditioning a hair mask for curly hair offers intense nourishment to your hair, creating a protective shield on your hair strands and locking moisture, thus controlling dryness and frizziness. It nourishes the hair to make them look healthy, adding volume and bounce to your locks.
2. Reverses Hair Damage: Often, our hair is subject to harsh chemicals and hair styling techniques like the use of iron, rollers, etc. These styling products can damage our hair, ripping them of its natural moisture. Homemade DIY hair masks offer all-around protection to your hair, protecting them from hair damage, breakage, split ends, and damage caused by pollution and the harmful UV rays of the sun.
3. Rehydrates Hair: Dehydrated hair is more prone to breakage and damage. Hair masks offer optimum nourishment to your hair, rehydrating them and not only improve the texture of the hair but also nourish hair from Deep down the roots. It makes the hair scalp clean, healthy, and hygienic without the build-up of dirt, thus leading to better hair growth.
4. Makes Hair Smooth & Shiny: Hair masks makes hair healthy from within, resulting in smooth and shiny hair on the outside. With 360-degree protection to your hair, these hair masks consisting of natural ingredients impart goodness and nutrition to dehydrated hair, thus increasing its moisture and nourishment.
5. Cost-Effective Hair Treatment : Compared to expensive salon and spa hair treatments, homemade hair masks are pocket friendly and require less time for application. These natural hair masks are made up of ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen and thus can be tried easily at home without spending much. In addition, compared to salon treatments, they are all-natural, with no use of chemicals or harsh styling treatments that further cause damage to the hair.
DIY Natural Deep Conditioning Hair Masks For Curly Hair
Get your dream soft and shiny hair with a natural homemade hair mask for curly frizzy hair, whose recipes we share with you. These hair masks, when applied, regularly transform your rough, dry, and frizzy, curly hair into smooth and manageable locks that only enhance your looks.
Recipe 1: DIY Yogurt And Banana Hair Mask For Frizzy Hair
Bananas offer complete nourishment to your hair from the roots to the strands. Combined with curd, it nourishes the hair and offers anti-microbial properties that keep fungal infections at bay. This natural deep conditioner for curly hair is an ideal hair mask for dry, damaged, and curly hair as it tames frizziness and smoothens hair.
- Ripe Banana - 1
- Yogurt - 2 Tablespoons
Step 1: Chop the bananas in medium size and add them to a blender.
Step 2: Add the yogurt and blend to make a fine paste of the ingredients.
Step 3: To ensure that there are no lumps, strain the mixture and obtain a smooth paste.
Step 4: Divide your hair into sections and apply the paste starting from the roots to the tips.
Step 5: Focus on the root areas and tips that need more nourishment.
Step 6: Tie your hair in folds and cover it with a shower cap.
Step 7: Leave the hair mask on your hair for about 30 minutes.
Step 8: Rinse off the mask with normal water, and then wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
Step 9: Let your hair air dry naturally.
2. DIY Egg Yolk And Coconut Oil Hair Mask
As coconut oil has a low molecular weight, it absorbs easily into the hair shaft, deeply nourishing it. In addition, the high protein content of the oil further makes up for the loss of protein in damaged hair. The other ingredient, the egg, is rich in protein, too, forming a protective layer of moisture on the dry and damaged curls. Applying this natural hair mask daily transforms dry hair into manageable and beautiful-looking tresses.
- Whisked Yolk - 1 Egg
- Melted Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoons
Step 1: In a glass bowl, combine the coconut oil and whisked egg yolk.
Step 2: Mix till fully blended and forms a uniform mixture.
Step 3: Wet your hair using a spray bottle. Evenly apply the egg yolk and coconut oil mixture over your damp hair.
Step 4: Let the mask sit for 15 to 20 minutes while covering it with a shower cap.
Step 5: Rinse off the mask using lukewarm water.
Step 6: Shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo and condition your hair normally.
3. DIY Honey and Almond Oil Hair Mask
Almond oil hydrates and strengthens the internal hair shaft, healing and repairing the damaged hair cuticles and hair strands. It is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which, along with the goodness of honey and yogurt, help replenish the lost nutrients of damaged hair. This DIY hair mask for curly hair is highly effective in restoring the health and texture of hair, making them healthy, voluminous, and bouncy.
- Almond Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Raw Honey - 2 Tablespoons
- Yogurt - ¼ Cup
Step 1: Add the raw honey, almond oil, and yogurt to a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix well to form a thick and smooth paste.
Step 3: Divide the hair into sections, and using a brush applicator apply the thick paste evenly on the hair.
Step 4: Cover your hair with a shower cap and allow the mask to sit for30-40 minutes.
Step 5: Rinse off with normal water and shampoo your hair.
Step 6: Towel dry and let your hair air dry naturally.
4. DIY Shea Butter Hair Mask for Curly Hair
Shea butter contains vitamins and fatty acids that work well to repair and restore the lost luster of dry and damaged hair. It gets absorbed easily by the hair strands, thus imparting moisture and hydrating the hair. In addition, the goodness of Vitamin A and Vitamin E easily transforms into the hair, improving its quality and adding strength and smoothness. In this DIY recipe, we combine Shea butter with Olive oil and coconut water to offer maximum hydration to dry and rough curls.
- Shea Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Coconut Water - 2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
Step 1: Using a double boiler, melt the shea butter, and once melted, remove from heat.
Step 2: Add coconut water, olive oil, and melted shea butter in a blender.
Step 3: Blend till it forms a smooth paste.
Step 4: Apply the mask evenly to your scalp and hair and allow it to sit for 30-40 minutes.
Step 5: Then wash off with a mild shampoo using normal water.
Step 6: Apply the shea butter mask once a week for the best results.
5. DIY Honey and Plain Yogurt Hair Mask
Honey protects the scalp and rejuvenates damaged hair. Yogurt offers nourishment and forms a protective shield over the hair. The two ingredients, in combination, pamper your dry and frizzy hair to make them silky and shiny. The citric acid in yogurt also fights dandruff and prevents breakage and split ends in curly hair. Check out the DIY recipe that acts as the perfect curly hair deep conditioning mask.
- Yogurt - 1 Cup
- Honey - ½ Cup
Step 1: In a blender, add both the yogurt and honey.
Step 2: Blend and mix well to form a smooth paste with no lumps.
Step 3: Divide your hair into sections and apply the hair mask evenly on your hair, starting from the scalp to the tips.
Step 4: Let the mask stay for 20-25 minutes while you cover your hair with a shower cap.
Step 5: Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water and wash your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Step 6: Air dry your hair and repeat the mask at least once weekly for better results.
With so many tried and tested DIY recipes for hair masks to combat the struggles of dry and frizzy curly hair, you are ready to flaunt your curls and accentuate your looks. For any of the ingredients used in the above recipes, feel free to shop online with Veda Oils- one of India's largest manufacturers and suppliers of Essential Oils and Herbal products. With quality ingredients, your hair masks are sure to show better and more effective results every time you apply them to your locks.