Sesame Oil known as Til ka tel in India is preferred for lighting lamps and Diyas. Though used for spiritual purposes, it is beneficial for your skin too in many ways. Organic Sesame Oil is packed with essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid, palmitic acid, oleic acid, etc. Therefore, it is a rich source of antioxidants that help your skin. When applied topically, Sesame Oil rejuvenates your skin deeply.
It moisturizes your skin and gives it a glowing radiance. It is also known for its skin whitening properties due to which you can add it to your skin and face care routines. Some of the top benefits of Sesame Oil for skin whitening are discussed in this article. So, let's jump into it.
How does Sesame Oil good for our skin?
Sesame oil is capable of absorbing the toxins that affect the texture and appearance of your skin. By eliminating them, it helps to restore the skin complexion. It is also antibacterial in nature due to which you can utilize it against various skin issues. Therefore, Sesame Oil proves to be a multi-purpose oil when it comes to skin.
Sesame Oil’s Benefits Related to Skin Whitening
Here are the top 5 sesame oil benefits that you need to know:
1. Fade Blemishes - The strong anti-inflammatory properties of Sesame Oil ensure that the pigmentation and acne scars fade away eventually. The essential fatty acids that are present in it ensure a speedy recovery of dry and rough skin. As a result, your skin looks glowing and fresh after its application.
People who have pigmented on tanned skin can obtain a clear and fair complexion by incorporating Sesame Oil in their skincare and face care recipes.
2. Slows Down Ageing - Ageing symptoms like fine lines, wrinkles, etc. that appear on your face as you start getting older. If you are disturbed due to these symptoms, just use a mixture of turmeric and natural Sesame oil and apply it on the affected areas.
It will minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Sesame Oil makes your skin become whiter by a tone and it will look more youthful than ever. Moreover, it will also make your skin soft and luscious again!
3. Heals Sunburns - By using Sesame Oil, you can both avoid and treat sunburns from the skin and make it lighter. Regular application of Sesame Oil on the face will act as a shield for your skin from harmful UV radiations. It also heals sunburns and forms a layer to protect your skin from external factors like smoke, dry wind, dirt, etc. Sunburn-free skin is glowy skin.
As it is a rich source of vitamin E, it heals your skin and fastens new skin generation processes. Therefore, the burns get eventually cleaned up and your skin appears radiant on frequent application.
4. As a Moisturizer - Sesame oil is an effective moisturizer on skin. You can massage liberal quantities of it on your face and other body parts. Dabbing it with a cotton ball will give you a moist, supple, and brighter-looking skin every time.
Apart from nourishing your skin deeply, it also heals it and exfoliates the dead skin cells and other toxins to give you a clear and fairer complexion.
5. As a Skin Enhancer - Sesame Oil enhances the texture, appearance, and overall health of your in various ways to make it lighter. It is packed with bactericidal and soothing properties that heal acne scars and treat acne-prone skin.
By working against stubborn marks and blemishes, it ensures that your skin looks youthful and bright. The anti-tanning properties of this oil make it an effective sunscreen as well. It ensures that sunlight and environmental pollutants don’t harm the natural brightness and radiance of your skin.
How to Use Sesame Oil for Skin Whitening?
It is possible to make face packs, face masks, etc. with the help of Sesame Oil and other ingredients. It can be also included in a homemade face scrub due to its cleansing properties. Here’s one DIY face mask recipe that is to be made by using turmeric and Sesame Oil.
Sesame Oil with Turmeric Face Mask for White Tone Skin
The innate antiseptic properties along with skin brightening effects make turmeric one of the favorite ingredients of skin experts. With Sesame Oil, you can multiply its benefits by many folds. While turmeric lightens your skin and improves your complexion, Sesame Oil contributes to a clear and healthy complexion. Together, they work magically to give you a bright and healthy complexion.
- Sesame Oil - 5 tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder - 8 tbsp.
How to make it?
The steps for making Sesame Oil with a turmeric face mask are mentioned below:
Step 1: Take a glass bowl and mix these two ingredients in it. Mix it nicely until it forms a smooth and consistent paste.
Step 2: Apply the face mask on your face evenly. After 20 minutes, it will dry completely after which you can rinse your face with water. Repeat the process at least twice every week to get noticeable results.
Tips: People who are allergic to organic ingredients can test on a small patch of skin before applying it on the entire face.
Though there are several benefits of using Sesame oil for skin whitening, be careful about a few side effects as well. Some people might be allergic to natural oils and therefore, they should avoid using it. At least, they should take a patch test before applying or massaging it topically. However, using pure, natural, and chemical-free Sesame Oil minimizes the risks or side effects to a great extent.
We hope that you are clear about the benefits, possible side effects, and potential use of Sesame oil for skin. You may include it in several face packs, face masks, body lotions, and other DIY recipes to receive these benefits. People who are struggling with skin issues like acne will experience better results.
However, those who already have healthy skin can also use it for brightening their complexion. Regular use is a must for noticeable results. Lastly, double check whether the place you are buying Sesame Oil can be trusted because you must use only pure and natural oils for skin care purposes.