Sandalwood Oil has been popular for its medicinal properties for ages. It expedites the healing process and can moisturise skin and hair effectively. By incorporating organic & Pure Sandalwood Oil into your hair care routine, you can make your hair healthier and add more shine and volume.
Its soothing and disinfectant properties make it an ideal ingredient for tackling various hair issues. Today, we will be looking at the wonderful benefits of Sandalwood Oil for hair, along with some interesting DIY Sandalwood Oil hair care recipes. These recipes will work against various hair issues and prove to be saviours.
Why Should We Use Sandalwood Oil for Hair Care?
Sandalwood Oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It also possesses antibacterial properties, and all these properties help in resolving hair issues in one way or the other.
- The anti-inflammatory properties ensure that issues like scalp irritation remain at bay.
- The antibacterial properties prevent dandruff formation and prove to be instrumental in hair growth.
- The antiseptic properties of pure Sandalwood Oil work against hair infections and help maintain your tresses' health and hygiene.
Benefits Of Sandalwood Oil For HairHere are some uses of sandalwood oil:
- Rejuvenation: The soothing effects on the scalp after applying Sandalwood Oil ensure that it remains fresh, rejuvenated, and free from irritation. This also reduces stress and enhances sleep quality, directly contributing to your hair's health.
- Inhibits Sebum Production: The astringent properties of Sandalwood Oil inhibit sebum production and restore the lost moisture of your tresses. As a result, your hair grows stronger, shinier, and thicker. Controlling sebum production also keeps your scalp healthy.
- Dandruff Treatment: The anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties of Sandalwood Oil prove to be effective in preventing dandruff formation. These properties also address issues like scalp dryness and flakiness. It also contains the necessary nutrients to nourish your scalp.
- Adds Shine to Hair: Natural Sandalwood Oil contains antioxidants that define the texture and shine of your hair. They also add a natural shine to your hair and make them look lustrous. Therefore, you can incorporate this oil into your hair care regime if your hair has become dull.
- Strengthening Hair Roots: Sandalwood Oil tightens hair follicles by strengthening the roots. It ensures that the hair follicles remain healthy and strong. As a result, it directly helps you to reduce hair fall and makes your hair thicker.
- Improves Hair Growth: Sandalwood Oil stimulates blood circulation in the scalp. As a result, blood supplies the necessary nutrients to your hair roots. This improves the rate of hair growth and also naturally enhances your hair's thickness.
- Treats Split Ends: Split ends occur in hair due to lack of nutrition. Sandalwood Oil infuses all the nutrients necessary for the healthy growth of your hair. It also proves to be effective in treating split ends and adds a silky smooth texture.
Sandalwood Oil for Hair Growth - DIY Recipe
Now that you know the Sandalwood Oil benefits, it is time to utilise them via hair care recipes. We have shared a couple of useful and effective DIY Sandalwood Oil hair growth recipes below for your reference.
Recipe 1: Sandalwood Massage Oil for Hair Growth
Let’s see how a massage oil for hair growth can be made using Sandalwood oil and Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil - 8 Drops
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 Bowl
- Add 8 drops of Sandalwood essential oil to a bowl of Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Mix the oil well so that it mixes in the carrier oil perfectly.
How to Use and Benefits?
- Ensure that your hair is dry and clean before application. Then, take some drops of the oil blend and massage onto your scalp and hair roots gently. Apply some more oil if required.
- Sandalwood Massage Oil restores hair growth by supporting healthy blood flow to the hair follicles. It also proves to be a stress buster and helps maintain your tresses' health and conditioning.
Recipe 2: Sandalwood Hair Cream To Strengthen Hair Follicles
Let's see how to make Sandalwood hair cream to strengthen hair follicles now!
- Beeswax - 1 tbsp.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Shea Butter - 2 tbsp.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Add the Shea butter and Virgin Coconut Oil in a double boiler to melt them. Now, add the beeswax and keep stirring until it blends completely.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down for a while. Now, add Sandalwood essential oil and mix it well in the mixture. Transfer the content into a glass bottle for further use.
How to Apply, and What Benefits?
Ensure that your hair is clean and dry before every application. Take some creme in your hands and apply from the roots to the tip using your fingers. Let the cream soak the hair follicles and wash them after a couple of hours.
This DIY Sandalwood oil hair creme recipe strengthens your hair and adds volume and shine to your locks.
We hope that you liked our DIY Sandalwood Oil recipes. To get natural, pure, and impure Sandalwood Oil and other ingredients required for the above recipes, you can check out the portal of VedaOils. It is a trusted source for providing high-quality and natural ingredients. Get the ingredients from VedaOils and make your hair grow stronger, faster, and longer!