You might have heard of oregano when you went on to dine some pizzas. Right? But today, we won't be talking about that oregano that goes into our gut but the one that goes into our skin. Yes, we are talking about oregano oil for the skin. A herb originating from the mint family, oregano has been linked with us for thousands of years as food seasoning.
However, when it is in concentrated oil, it contains a rich nutrient value that can benefit our skin health. In fact, during historical times, this herb was used to treat various skin ailments and health problems practically. So, let’s dive in and understand the importance of oregano oil for skin health in detail.
Oregano Essential Oil Benefits For Skin
Highlighting just a single benefit of oregano essential oil for the skin won't do the right justice. Therefore, we have compiled a list of oregano essential oil benefits for skin health. Let’s discuss each benefit in detail to understand this oil better.
1. Brightens The Complexion
You might not know, but oregano has properties that maintain skin health. Due to these potent properties, this oil helps brighten up dull skin and restores its flawless complexion when applied to the skin. Mix this oil with cosmetic products or vegetable oil, massage it onto the skin overnight, and wash it the next morning.
2. Nourishes The Skin
Because it contains many natural ingredients beneficial to the skin, oregano oil is used. This concentrated oil, which contains vitamins A, C, E, and K-rich, can increase skin suppleness and make you appear even more youthful. Applying oregano essential oil straight to the skin will have negative consequences because it is a concentrated oil.
3. Helps Prevent Skin Infections
Oregano essential oil is one of the best anti-inflammatory oils that help prevent various skin infections. When applied to the wounds, it helps prevent injuries from becoming septic and prevents tetanus germs from entering the body through the wound. It also prevents infection in other types of wounds.
4. May Help Improve Acne
Oregano essential oil is very beneficial in treating acne because of its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-septic properties. With all these properties and certain compounds, oregano essential oil reduces the growth of acne-causing bacteria. Therefore, when used in skincare, this oil helps eliminate the growth of acne.
How To Use Oregano Oil For Skin?
Oregano oil offers many benefits for the skin that we already discussed above. So, it's time for us to discuss using oregano oil for skin health. Here are the top offers of oregano essential oil for the skin.
- Diluted Topical Application: Mix a few drops of oregano oil with carrier oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test and then apply it to the affected area to treat various skin infections.
- Acne Spot Treatment: Dilute oregano oil with a carrier oil of your choice and apply a small amount directly to the acne spots using a cotton ball. Avoid surrounding the healthy skin and use it with caution.
- Skin Tag or Wart Care: Put diluted oregano oil on warts or skin tags. Wrap in a bandage. Because oregano oil is potent and might irritate the skin, perform this procedure under expert supervision.
- Foot Soak: Warm water in a basin can be added with a few drops of oregano oil for a foot soak. It might be beneficial for fungus problems like athlete's foot. Make sure the dilution is correct while soaking feet for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Aromatherapy: Inhale oregano essential oil aroma by adding a few drops of this oil into a bowl of hot water. Now drape a tower over your head and inhale the steam cautiously. This will help your skin pores open up and fight off various skin conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still, have some queries associated with oregano oil for skin. No worries. Our FAQs section will clarify your further doubts.
Q: How To Dilute Oregano Oil For Skin?
Ans: The best way to dilute oregano oil for skin is by mixing it with a carrier oil in 1 teaspoon for every 5ml of carrier oil. This is the safest amount for most skin types. However, observing your skin and adjusting the quantities is better.
Q: Can You Put Oregano Oil Directly On Your Skin?
Ans: Diluting oregano oil is crucial to ensure its safe and effective use on the skin, as pure oregano oil can be very potent. It may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions.
Q: Can Oregano Oil Remove Dark Spots?
Ans: Hyperpigmentation, commonly referred to as dark spots, can be caused by a number of things, including sun exposure, inflammation, hormone changes, and skin traumas. Oregano essential oil is a great treatment for these dark spots as it contains compounds that can potentially eliminate them specifically.
Q: How Many Drops Of Oregano Oil For Skin?
Ans: Oregano essential oil is a potent essential oil, and thus, the concentration of the oil depends on your skin’s sensitivity. In general, oregano oil should be used around 1-2% on the skin, which means 1-2 drops of oregano oil is best for most skin types.
In Conclusion, we can say that Oregano essential oil for the skin is a great solution compared to chemical-based beauty products. We have discussed enough reasons for you to convince us to switch to oregano essential oil. Add this beauty oil to your skincare routine and see its magic. Oregano essential oil is much more than a simple skincare ingredient; you need to use it to realize this yourself.