While we have all heard about castor oil, today, we help you unlock the secrets of Jamaican black castor oil that is equally healthy and how its nutrition quotient has the edge over its standard counterpart.
Castor oil is mainly processed from the traditional castor oil plant after undergoing extraction and commercial processing. Jamaican castor oil is also extracted from the same castor seeds and beans but through a more authentic and traditional extraction method. Here the seeds are first roasted, then using a mortar, they are pulverized. In the next step, water is added to these mashed beans and then slowly boiled on a traditional wood fire. The result is thick, pure, unadulterated dark brown castor oil, popularly called 'Jamaican Black Castor Oil.'
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits For Hair Growth
So, what makes Jamaican Oil so magical for hair growth? Well, the answer lies in the umpteen benefits that it brings to your hair and how its regular use can transform your dull, damaged, and curly hair into lustrous and nourished locks.
This wonder oil stimulates hair growth and strengthens your hair follicles with a high pH value and tons of antioxidants and moisturizing properties. It is a powerful combination of proteins, vitamins, fatty acids, and ricinoleic acid that gives oil-rich emollient properties. It not only detangles your hair but also treats split ends making your hair more manageable and well-groomed.
Read below to know some of the major benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
- Hair Nourishment: The presence of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids impart some great moisturizing properties to Jamaican Black Castor Oil. It deeply nourishes and moisturizes your hair from the root to the tip. In addition, the fatty acids in the black castor oil transform your dull, damaged, and thin hair into shiny black curls that are super nourished and healthy both from the outside and within.
- Promotes Hair Growth: If you are worried about the slow growth of your hair or looking forward to a more volume of curls to accentuate your looks, then the Jamaican black castor oil is your ultimate remedy. It makes hair thicker and longer while boosting hair growth and promising a better volume with regular use.
- Reduce Scalp Problems: No more itchy and flaky scalp as Jamaican black castor oil perfectly balances the pH level of your scalp and soothes irritated skin with its anti-bacterial properties. In addition, its rich fatty acids nourish the scalp penetrating deep into the hair follicles and preventing scalp dryness and itchiness.
- Strengthens Hair: Fight hair thinning problems with Jamaican castor oil enriched with natural oils and fatty acids that increase the blood flow to the hair roots and promote the growth of thick and healthy hair. Health hair roots grow healthy hair that is strong, thick, and not susceptible to easy hair breakage.
- Prevents Hair Loss: Jamaican oil is loaded with antioxidants, natural vitamins, and fatty acids that prevent the oxidative stress-the main reason behind hair loss. The anti-inflammatory properties in castor oil control inflammation of the hair follicles and promote hair growth. In addition, the presence of Vitamin E promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Heal Split Ends: With all-around nourishment of the hair, Jamaican black castor oil prevents hair-splitting, easy breakage, and improves the texture of damaged and lifeless hair. In addition, the omega fatty acids form a protective shield on the hair strands preventing split ends that hugely curb the growth of healthy hair.
Uses Of Jamaican Black Castor Oil For Hair Growth - DIY Recipes
Undoubtedly, castor oil is a source of natural carrier oil of goodness for your hair with pronounced benefits. However, to tap the potential of this magical oil, it is best to use it correctly to derive maximum goodness. Here are some easy DIY recipes that you can try at home to extract the maximum nutritional benefits of this wonder oil.
Tip: Jamaican castor oil is heavy oil because of the high fatty acid content, therefore it is best used in combination with a lighter or less dense oil for easy absorption in the hair scalp.
DIY Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Growth Serum
Follow this simple DIY recipe to make your own castor oil hair growth serum. This serum formulated using Jamaican black castor oil and essential oils accelerates hair growth, giving you lustrous locks that never go unnoticed.
- ½ cup Jamaican black castor oil
- 7-8 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10-12 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 10-12 drops of rosemary essential oil
- A small mixing bowl with hot water
- Glass jar with a lid that is heat-safe
- A spray bottle
- A shower cap
- Combine Jamaican castor oil and all the essential oils in the glass jar in the prescribed quantity.
- Now, place the glass jar in the mixing bowl with hot water and wait for the oil to heat for a few minutes.
- Damp the hair with a spray bottle, apply a nickel-sized amount of warm oil on the scalp, and massage gently. Apply the oil from the root to the ends.
- After application, cover the hair with a shower cap and leave it for 15 minutes.
- To remove, rinse off the shampoo as usual.
Tips: For better results, leave the blended oil on your hair for as long as possible. The overnight application gives a good result. Then, apply this hair growth serum twice a week for increased hair growth and nourished hair.
DIY Hair Mask Recipes
Still wondering how to make the best use of Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth and nourishment? Well, we have the answer. Try these simple DIY hair masks recipes that tap the benefits of castor oil while exploring the advantages of essential oils and transforming your hair into beautiful and nourished locks.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil And Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Highly recommended is this DIY recipe that unveils the miracles of both Jamaican black castor oil and coconut oil. While castor oil is loaded with fatty acids, coconut oil is light and easily absorbed by the hair, thus stimulating the benefits of castor oil.
- 6 tablespoons of Jamaican black castor oil
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 capsules of Vitamin E (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the castor oil, coconut oil, and Vitamin E capsules if you wish to add them.
- Heat the mixture for 10-20 seconds only.
- Apply the warm oil on the hair roots and scalp, then massage gently.
- Bring your hair together and cover it with a shower cap. Leave the oil on the hair for at least an hour.
- Wash off and rinse with shampoo.
Tips: For best results, leave the oil mixture on your hair overnight so that the scalp deeply absorbs it.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil And Olive Oil For Hair Growth
While we all have learned about the benefits of castor oil, the advantages of olive oil for hair cannot be undermined. Olive oil is highly beneficial for dry, thick, and damaged hair and castor oil is highly nourishing for hair, thus making a miraculous combination. Try this DIY recipe and unlock the benefits of castor and olive oil for hair nourishment.
- 1 tablespoon of Jamaican oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A steamed towel
- In a bowl, mix the castor oil and olive oil.
- Heat the mixture for 10-20 seconds only.
- Apply the warm oil on the hair roots and scalp, then massage gently for about 15 minutes.
- Cover your head with a steamed towel and leave the oil for an hour.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
Tips: For best results, add a few petals of the hibiscus flower to the oil mixture. It combats dryness and dandruff of the scalp.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Black Seed Oil For Hair Growth
Black seed oil is a storehouse of nutrition for hair and skin. It reduces inflammation of hair follicles, stimulates hair growth, and reduces flakiness and sensitivity of the hair scalp. When combined with castor oil, it makes hair healthy, soft, nourished, and shiny.
- 1-2 tablespoons Jamaican black castor oil
- 1-2 tablespoons black seed oil
- Combine black seed oil and castor oil in a mixing bowl.
- Gently massage the oil blend into the scalp, focusing on the most prone areas to lose hair, like the front hairline.
- After covering the scalp, apply the oil blend through your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Bring the hair together and wear a shower cap.
- Leave the oil for 30 minutes to an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
Tips: To get visible results of increased hair growth and reduced hair fall, apply the hair mask at least 2-3 times a week.
FAQ - Regarding Castor Oil For Hair Growth
Still have questions about the magical use of Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth? We help you clear the air by answering some common questions.
Q1: Is Jamaican Black Castor Oil suitable for all hair types?
A: Yes, Jamaican oil works well for almost all hair types. This magical oil nourishes and strengthens your hair from root to tip, whether you have thick, thin, curly, wavy, or straight hair.
Q2: Can I use Jamaican black castor oil for hair daily?
A: If you have dry and flaky scalp, you can use the Jamaican black castor hair oil frequently. However, remember that heavy oil with rich fatty acids leaves your hair sticky and greasy. So it is best to apply the night before the day you intend to wash.
Q3: Is castor oil and vitamin E good for hair?
A: Yes, both castor oil and Vitamin E are rich in antioxidants that stimulate hair growth and control hair fall. They are loaded with anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that keep the hair scalp clean, fresh, and free from infections.
Q4: Is Jamaican black castor oil safe to use for eyebrows and eyelashes?
A: Jamaican black castor oil is rich in antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress and curb hair fall. This property of castor oil is effective in the growth of thick and lustrous eyebrows and eyelashes too. It is a natural way of thickening eyebrows and eyelashes.
Q5: What is the best type of black castor oil for hair growth?
A: While the market is flooded with various castor oils, Jamaican oil is one of the most popular oils promoting hair growth, making hair healthy, shiny, thick, black, and thoroughly nourished.
The Bottom Line
Choosing a hair oil to get the best for your hair is indeed a matter of prudence that requires an understanding of your hair type and some research of the best hair oils. Our round-up on Jamaican black castor oil and various DIY recipes using the same gives you deep insights on how this wonder oil can intensely hydrate your hair and serve as a pre-shampoo oil treatment at a reasonable budget without frequent spa visits.
So, the next time you plan a hair regime, give your hair a shot of Jamaican castor oil and see them transform dramatically into your dream locks.