Our skin begins to lose its luster as we age, and damage begins to manifest, this may occur at any age now due to rising pollution levels, and everyone desires even-toned, brightened skin. If you want a brighter skin tone but don't want to experiment with different chemical products, calendula essential oil for skin whitening is for you.
Calendula essential oil is derived from the marigold flower and has a variety of health benefits. From UV protection to relieving irritation and dryness, from hydration and nutrition to delaying the symptoms of aging, there's something for everyone. Calendula oil for skin whitening has been well-known in the cosmetic industry for decades, but nothing surpasses the old-fashioned homemade recipes, which are both organic and skin-friendly.
Calendula Oil Benefits For Skin Whitening
Calendula essential oil is well-known for its ability to heal skin damage while also providing nutrients and a healthy glow. It nourishes the skin, brightening and whitening it while repairing the damage that has already transpired, thanks to its high amounts of triterpenes, flavonoids, polyphenols, and carotenoids.
- UV Sun Protection: Calendula's potent skin cell regeneration capabilities can help your SPF function even better. This oil, consequently, suppresses tissue deterioration on a basic level. Calendula-based formulations are therefore excellent when utilized in “tandem” with sunscreen. They'll boost the sun-protective properties of your cream. This oil also aids in treating sunburns thus, you cannot go wrong if you choose this oil for sunburns.
- Skin Itchiness: Calendula essential oil has a powerful anti-inflammatory property that calms rashes. Calendula products have long been heralded by herbalists and holistic therapists as a safe and effective alternative to strong antibiotics and external steroids for itch and allergy flare-ups. Medical research has shown that it is useful in treating a variety of skin issues. Calendula oil for itchy skin works wonders when used regularly.
- Anti-aging Effects: Calendula essential oil has anti-aging properties in two fundamental ways. Firms the skin (by increasing collagen formation) and improving its ability to retain moisture (reducing wrinkles and crow's feet). This means it's an anti-aging skin cleanser that boosts the production of collagen and soothes flaky or dehydrated skin. It can also help with eye swelling, which is a common aging symptom.
- Control Oily Skin: Excess oil can be quite damaging to the skin. Calendula essential oil is an organic medicine with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. It can help relieve skin inflammation caused by acne, sunburn, or even tissue degradation. It contains polyphenols, terpenoids, and triterpenoids, which aid in removing residual oil and increasing the production of sebum. Calendula oil for oily skin is the best and natural solution for your problems.
- Radiant Skin: Whitening and brightening skin is the desired thing that everybody wants. Calendula essential oil is abundant in carotenoids, a natural pigment that gives the flowers a yellow-orange color. Calendula-rich solutions can brighten and even out splotchy skin tones because carotenoids are naturally found in our outer layers of skin. Carotenoids also reduce acne and dark spots to provide a clear, radiant look to your face.
- Hydrates Skin: Calendula essential oil is a very powerful combatant against drab, dull, or cracked skin because it increases collagen formation, which enhances skin moisture. Vitamin E, another antioxidant with skin-hydrating properties, is also present in the oil. Calendula extract in a salve or lotion enhances skin hydration and firmness.
How To Use Calendula Oil For Skin - Homemade DIY Recipes
Calendula essential oil has almost as many DIY recipes as it has advantages, so don't worry, we've got you covered. In this list, we'll show you some of the simplest and most effective recipes that you can use on a regular basis without fear of harming yourself because this oil is 100% organic.
Recipe 1: Calendula Essential Oil Toner For Dry & Sensitive Skin
As you'll see below, this is the simplest DIY recipe on the list. Calendula essential oil is quite strong, so only a few drops will give you a smoother, healthier toned face.Ingredients:
- 5-6 drops of Calendula Essential Oil
- 200 ml of Water
Step 1: Pour water into a pan and let it come to the boiling points.
Step 2: Pour 5-6 drops of Calendula Essential oil into the boiling water, turn off the heat, and gently stir the mixture.
Step 3: Let the mixture come to a normal temperature.
Step 4: Apply using a cotton ball before bedtime or in the morning.
Tip: You can store this mixture in the freezer for over 1 week.
Recipe 2: Calendula and Tea Tree Essential Oil For Itchy Skin
Calendula essential oil contains antibacterial and antifungal characteristics that help to relieve irritated skin. This homemade formula is effective at gently eliminating bacteria and dead skin from your face without creating discomfort.Ingredients:
- 6 drops of Calendula Essential Oil
- 50 ml of Sweet Almond oil
- 20 grams of Beeswax
- 6 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
Step 1: Pour 6 drops of calendula and tea tree essential oil into 50 ml of Almond oil.
Step 2: Add 20 grams of beeswax for binding, mix it well, so there are no lumps in the mixtures.
Step 3: Apply this mixture to your itchy skin for 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
Recipe 3: Calendula Essential Oil Face Mask For Lightening Skin
Calendula essential oil delivers a renewed look to your face by reducing the impacts of UV radiation and pollution. This oil also provides adequate nutrition to the face, resulting in a whitened, well-toned face for its users.Ingredients:
- 5 drops of Calendula Essential Oil
- 60 ml of Milk
- ½ tablespoon of Turmeric Powder
- 60 ml of Apple Pulp
Step 1: Pour 60 ml of Apple pulp into 60 ml milk, mix them well using a grinder.
Step 2: Pour 5 drops of calendula essential oil into the mixture and gently mix again.
Step 3: Then finally add ½ tablespoon of turmeric to the mixture and mix again until you get a fine, smooth paste.
Step 4: Apply this paste to your face in a circular motion. Massage your face gently, don’t apply force.
Recipe 4: Calendula Essential Oil Face Mask For Oily Skin
If you have oily skin, combine calendula essential oil with apricots. Apricots as a dry ingredient help absorb excess oil from your face, while calendula essential oil properties aid in the production of sebum, resulting in a fresh and radiant complexion.Ingredients:
- 2 ripe Apricots
- 2-3 drops of Calendula Essential Oil
- 150 ml Curd
Step 1: Firstly, grind 2 apricots pulp in the grinder.
Step 2: Add 2-3 drops of calendula essential oil to the grinder with 150 ml of curd and grind some more to make a fine paste.
Step 3: Apply your paste to your face but don’t rub.
Step 4: Wash it off with water after 30 minutes.
Is Calendula Essential Oil Good For Skin?
Calendula Essential Oil is typically considered safe to use, however, there are a few points to bear in mind. If you're sensitive to flowers of the Amaranthaceae family, avoid this oil. If you're pregnant or breastfeeding, avoid using this oil.
Calendula essential oil produces desirable benefits; vitamin E and oleic acids aid in supplying nutrition and protection against skin-damaging impacts. Its hydration qualities aid in providing sustenance while retaining water. If you have skin irritation, you should certainly try this oil, especially to improve your skin tone.