Enjoying out in the sun is one joyful thing until you get those irritating sunburns on your skin. We all know that soaking in the sun is one good activity for our health, but we often forget that it could also cause severe sunburns, especially when you have sensitive skin.
While sunscreens do help to protect us in some way, they are not fruitful entirely. As a result, we get those ugly sunburns on our faces and on our entire bodies. In the list of oils that are good for our skin, Argan oil is one great oil that helps treat sunburns effectively. Let's discuss in detail how argan oil for sunburn work.
What Are Sunburns?
Skin that has been sunburned is red, painful, and warm to the touch. It frequently emerges within a few hours of spending too much time in the sun. It results from excessive UV (ultraviolet) light exposure. Sunlight or artificial sources like sunlamps and tanning beds both produce UV light. The wavelength of light known as UVA can damage skin over time by penetrating its deepest layers. Sunburn is triggered by UVB rays, which penetrate the skin more superficially.
What Makes Argan Oil So Great For Sunburns?
Argan oil is one of the best oils when it comes to treating sunburns. That's because it can soothe the pain and has the ability to speed up the healing process. Argan oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties, linoleic acid and soothing vitamins like E and A. Thus, it is one great choice for treating sunburns.
Benefits Of Argan Oil For Sunburn
As we know, Argan oil is great for sunburns and helps promote quick healing. So, we have listed a few more benefits of Agran oil for sunburn to help you understand it better.
- Works Well For All Skin Types: It's not mandatory that individuals who have sensitive skin only suffer from sunburn. No matter what is your skin type, sunburn is a common issue. What makes Argan oil the best to treat it is that it works pretty well for all skin types. It is rich in linoleic acid that suits all skin types and protects your skin cells too.
- Rich In Vitamin E: Argan Oil is rich in Vitamin E, which is why it is one of the best oils for treating different skin conditions. Moreover, because of the presence of Vitamin E, it also acts as one of the most powerful moisturisers that soothe inflamed skin. Argan oil also fights dryness and inflammation.
- Encourages Tissue Growth: Argan oil contains compounds that are called phenols. Both phenols and antioxidants strengthen the skin cells and also promote tissue growth on the skin of the burn. The vitamins available in Argan oil not only promote tissue growth but also make sure your skin comes back healthy.
- Non-Greasy Sensation: Argan oil is one of the best oils for sunburn because of its non-greasy sensation after application. The oil is not at all greasy but moisturises your skin and heals it from the inside out by reducing all the inflammation.
- Reduces Infection Potential: One of the greatest benefits of Argan oil is its moisturisation power. With the help of its great moisturising properties, it provides the skin ample protection and acts as a shield to fight against any possible infection issues.
Argan Oil Ingredients That Soothe Sunburn
Argan oil, when applied to the skin, gets quickly absorbed and helps in easing the pain or discomfort caused by sunburns. Ingredient mentioned below is the reason why argan oil for sunburn is so beneficial.
Ingredient 1: Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a potent moisturising agent. Argan oil consists of a good amount of Vitamin E. Regular use of the oil might improve the skin's suppleness. Argan oil, which also contains a number of other compounds, can be used as a substitute for vitamin E oil capsules.
Ingredient 2: Vitamin A
This aids in the body's battle against free radicals, which could otherwise dull the skin and obstruct the natural healing process. The injured tissue is subsequently replaced by good skin, giving it healthy, radiant skin.
Ingredient 3: Fatty Acids
Fatty acids are the anti-inflammatory components that help relax the skin and make it less inflamed. Argan oil contains fatty acids that speed up the recovery process and also simultaneously ease the discomfort.
How To Use Argan Oil for Sunburn
Now, we know the benefits and ingredients that make Argan oil our best choice for treating sunburns. Let's understand how to use argan oil for sunburn in detail. Step by Step
Before Sun Exposure
- If you wish to use Argan oil before exposure to the sun, apply a few drops of argan oil on your skin.
- Leave it there for a few minutes, and then apply your sunscreen.
After Sun Exposure
- After sun exposure, first, you need to take a shower.
- Cleanse your skin with mild body wash
- Pat dry your skin and then apply Argan oil to the affected area
- No need to wash off the oil, as it will get absorbed.
Best Argan Oil For Sunburn
To reap the maximum benefits from a natural ingredient, it's important to purchase it from a good brand. So when it comes to Argan oil, here are some of the best brands you can trust upon.
Veda Oils is one of the most prominent and trustworthy brands to buy Argan oil for sunburn. The brand is quite transparent about its manufacturing and packaging process and only uses organic raw materials.
Thus, If you wish to purchase pure Argan oil, then Veda Oils is your best choice.
It is another great company that provides organic and pure Argan oil which is rich in beneficial ingredients.
The product provided by Organic Harvest is 100% natural and cruelty-free and is suitable for all skin types.
Another brand you can trust to buy pure Argan oil is Nyka Naturals. The argan oil from this brand has been carefully curated to help skin health in a plethora of ways.
This brand also manufactures oil by extracting raw materials from natural sources.
Some Other Tips To Avoid A Sunburn
Even if you now know how you can treat sunburn, but its always better to prevent the problem the first time rather than find a cure after the diagnosis of the problem. Here are some tips to avoid sunburn.
- Always wear sunscreen and apply it to your skin every day.
- Avoid going out in the sun during the middle of the day.
- Wear protective clothing and, if possible, cover your face with a scarf.
- Wear sunglasses that filter UV light.
So, this was all about how argan Oil for sunburn is one the most beneficial & natural remedy for discomfort caused by sunburn. Now, it's time you trust the benefits of Argan oil, incorporate it into your skin routine for sunburn and shine on!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is argan oil good for sunburns?
Ans. Yes, Argan oil is really good for sunburns. It is rich in nutrients and minerals that effectively protect and reduce sunburn symptoms.
Q.2 Can I use argan oil on sunburn?
Ans. You can use argan oil on sunburn. You can use it differently by clubbing it with different ingredients and getting rid of this skin issue quickly.
Q.3 Which Argan oil is suitable for a sunburn?
Ans. Pure argan oil could be the best choice to treat sunburn or any kind of skin infection.