These days, how to lighten the skin is a trending topic among women of all ages. Many of them may have an uneven skin tone, such as darker skin on the neck but lighter skin on the face, while others may suffer from sunburn-related pigmentation disorders. In general, prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause your skin to become dry, dull, and dark.
Furthermore, long-term use of certain chemical skincare treatments might result in the same issues. There are several skin whitening solutions in the market, but more than half of them include chemicals that are damaging to your skin if used for an extended period of time. Also, these chemicals may have a variety of negative impacts on your skin, including dullness, uneven skin tone, and acne breakouts.
Thankfully, there’s an all-natural ingredient that can be used as a non-damaging alternative for getting lighter skin. Presenting the age-old Moroccan secret - Argan oil.
How Argan Oil Works on Dark Skin Tone?
Moroccan women have been using argan oil as beauty oil for ages to moisturize their skin and retain a beautiful complexion. They felt that using argan oil on a daily basis would help to lighten dark spots. It's also good for reducing pustule scars from chickenpox, soothing dry skin, and smoothing wrinkles. It's high vitamin E content helps to lighten dark spots on the skin. Other anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredients in Argan Oil assist to prevent spots and blemishes that can leave dark scars on the skin by reducing inflammation.
Benefits Of Argan Oil For Skin Brightening
Argan oil offers an extremely long list of benefits. It's makeup is unusual in that it contains significant concentrations of beneficial acids, making it incredibly rich and hydrating. One of the primary reasons argan oil is featured in so many products is because of these acids. Though argan oil is most recognized for its ability to brighten the skin and help dry, dull, and dark skin, it's also been used to treat acne since it's non-oily and doesn't leave the face feeling greasy. It's not only safe, but it's also good for all skin types.
- Moisturizes Skin: Argan oil works well as a moisturizer. Because Everyone has a different skin texture, some oils are healthier for certain skin types while others are not. It is ideal for any sort of skin since it is neither too thick nor too light. It is suitable for all skin types. It can provide deep moisture to each skin type.
- Treats Acne-prone Skin: Acne and spots are the most prevalent causes of unsightly dark patches on the skin. Argan Oil is well-known for its natural antiseptic properties, which help prevent spots on acne-prone skin. This is largely owing to the oil's non-comedogenic properties. This means that it helps in getting rid of acne without clogging your skin's pores.
- Protects Skin From Sunburns: There are no stopping sunburns no matter how much sunscreen you lather on yourself. Sunburns can still develop. Argan oil can help alleviate the pain and speed up the healing process in those terrible tan-line times. It's high in anti-inflammatory linoleic acid and omega-3 fatty acids which help in soothing skin and fading away from the tan.
- Anti-aging Effect: Argan oil reduces wrinkles and restores the youthful appearance of your skin. This oil hydrates skin, keeping it looking young and healthy, therefore it is especially beneficial for skin that is prone to splitting and peeling. It also repairs and maintains the skin, reducing the visible indications of aging. It also improves skin suppleness, leaving you with smooth, healthy skin.
- Heals Wounds and Injuries: Inflammation is caused by injuries and illnesses, making your skin red, puffy, and heated. When applied directly to the skin, argan oil can alleviate inflammation. It can also heal wounds at an accelerated rate. Its soothing and calming properties also help with providing relief to wounds and injuries.
Homemade Argan Oil Face Mask Recipe For Skin Lightening
The darkening of the skin in tiny regions or patches is known as hyperpigmentation. It is caused by an excess of melanin produced in response to skin inflammation, which can be caused by physical injury, scars, burns, and spots. Argan oil can be used in a variety of ways to combat these issues. The oil will aid to lessen skin pigmentation while also inhibiting the creation of new melanin. Read on to find out how you can create various types of face masks using argan oil that will help you with skin lightening.
Recipe 1: Argan Oil, Lemon, Honey, and Avocado Face Mask
Lemon juice is well-known for its bleaching properties. Its juice, when applied regularly, will lighten the appearance of black spots and tighten your skin. Honey is a one-stop-shop for all your beauty needs. This natural substance can treat acne and eczema in addition to enhancing your skin's appearance. Avocado is high in vitamin B, E, and other vital elements that improve the texture and brightness of your skin.Ingredients:
- Lemon Juice: 1 tsp
- Avocado: 2 tbsp
- Argan oil: 1 tbsp
- Add lemon juice, avocado, and raw honey to a mixing bowl.
- Add argan oil to the mixture as well.
- Mix well, adding water as required to get a thick consistency.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Cleanse or wash your face.
Step 2: Apply the mask and wait 15 minutes for it to dry.
Step 3: Rinse it away with warm water.
Recipe 2: Argan Oil, Yogurt, Honey and Lemon Juice Face Mask
Plain yogurt, argan oil, and lemon are high in skin-brightening qualities, which are necessary for getting a lighter complexion.Ingredients:
- Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp
- Argan Oil: 5 drops
- Yogurt: 2 tbsp
- Raw honey: 1 tbsp
- Add lemon juice, argan oil, and yogurt to a mixing bowl.
- Add raw honey to the mixture.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Apply the combined paste to your face.
Step 2: Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Rinse it off.
Tip: If you have dry skin, use lemon juice sparingly.
Recipe 3: Argan Oil, Milk, and Egg White Face Mask
Dark complexion is also caused by impurities and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. One of the most effective techniques to make your skin glow is to exfoliate. Egg white is used to eliminate impurities, fresh milk is used to brighten the skin, and brown sugar is used to exfoliate.Ingredients:
- Milk: 3 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Egg white: 1
- Argan oil: 1 tbsp
- Add milk, sugar, and egg white to a mixing bowl.
- Add the argan oil to the mix and whisk thoroughly.
- Apply the combined paste to your face.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
Q1. Is Argan Oil a Bleaching Agent?
A: No, Argan oil is not a bleaching agent but it can provide way more benefits than harmful bleaching agents. Argan oil is known for its ability to lighten skin tone, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, nourish dry skin, and fight skin problems.
Q2. Can I Use Argan Oil On My Face Every Day?
A: Argan oil may be used daily as part of your morning and evening beauty routines. It's antioxidants can help protect skin from environmental damage during the day and restore damage at night.
Q3. Is Argan Oil Good For Black Skin?
A: Yes, Argan oil is for all skin types and it can be used to lighten the skin. Also, It can help with dark patches and other hyperpigmentation issues.
There are many skin and beauty benefits to argan oil. The wonderful thing is it is so easy to add to your skin routine. There are numerous DIY face masks for skin that include argan oil. These face masks are specifically made to lighten skin tone, reduce dark spots, prevent acne, and several other benefits that we've discussed in this post. The best part about argan oil is that it suits all skin types and has no side effects.