Argan Oil comes from the kernels of the Argan fruit and is widely incorporated in skin and hair care formulas. It possesses all the nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins that are healthy for your skin and hair. The vitamin E and fatty acids present in this oil protect your skin and hair health from environmental toxins. Due to its lightweight, it gets easily absorbed in your scalp and penetrates into skin deeply.
Argan oil suits all skin and hair types perfectly. Owing to its several benefits for hair, it is often included in shampoos and conditioners. You will also find it in body lotions, face creams, and moisturizers due to the same reason.
Why is Argan Oil so Effective for Skin and Hair?
As argan oil is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, it proves to be beneficial for your skin and hair in many ways. It exhibits skin regenerative properties due to the presence of essential fatty acids. The properties that make it effective for skin and hair are discussed in detail below:
- Moisturizing Due to Vitamin E: Vitamin E moisturizes your skin and hair. It helps you to maintain the texture of your skin and hair and is known for its healing properties as well. Therefore, the injuries or damages caused to your skin get healed faster if you apply argan oil to the affected area.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Polyphenols exhibit strong anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, they protect your hair and skin from the harmful UV radiation. It contains ferulic acid that combines with tocopherol (Vitamin E) to repair sun damage. Polyphenols also inhibit the process of hair loss and provide various other benefits to hair.
- Produces Collagen: Argan Oil comprises phytosterols that promote the production of collagen. Collagen protects your skin from damage and also restores the youthfulness of your skin. The elasticity of your skin is maintained by collagen and it also reverses sun damage. For hairs, collagen promotes follicle growth, strengthens the scalp and antioxidants prevents hair from free radicals and damage.
- Omega Fatty Acids: The omega-6 fatty acid (linoleic acid) acts as a shield against harmful UV rays. It soothes your skin and also aids in the healing process of acne. Oleic acid present in this oil along with Palmitic acid maintains the texture of your skin and hair. These acids decrease in your skin cells as you grow older. Argan Oil replenishes them and keeps you young forever.
- Squalene: Squalene hydrates your skin and hair by locking in the moisture for a long time. The powerful antioxidants present in this oil along with squalene tackle the free radicals that can potentially damage your skin. Moreover, they ensure that your scalp remains hydrated and does not create dandruff due to excessive dryness.
Argan Oil Benefits for Skin
We have discussed the various properties of argan oil that are healthy for your skin. Owing to these properties, This oil can be included in several skin care recipes and DIY products. The noteworthy benefits of argan oil for skin that are ideal for the health of your skin are discussed below:
- Hydrates Skin: The fatty acids and Vitamin E found in argan oil hydrate skin. Therefore, it is excellent for treating dry, rough, and scaly skin. Include this oil in your skin care regime this winter and get smooth, soft, and luscious skin without any issues. It also proves to be effective against skin irritation.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Fine lines and wrinkles appear on your face as you begin to age. This is due to the depletion of fatty acids that are formed naturally in your skin cells. By nourishing your skin with fatty acids and by boosting collagen production, argan oil minimizes fine lines and wrinkles seamlessly.
- Treats Acne: Argan Oil balances oil content in your skin cells. It also soothes damaged skin and heals inflammation that might affect the health of your skin. By doing so, it helps to heal acne and provides the necessary nutrients required for maintaining the health and hygiene of your skin.
- Heals Eczema: Dry skin conditions like eczema causes your skin to become excessively dry and scaly. This results in skin inflammation and your skin might appear broken and damaged. The nutrients and vitamins found in argan oil heal Eczema and its anti-inflammatory compounds heal the inflammation associated with it. It is also effective against skin infection.
- Reduces Stretch Mark Appearance: Argan Oil boosts the production of new skin cells. It also maintains the elasticity of your skin by regulating or promoting the production of collagen. As a result, it proves to be excellent for fading stretch marks that appear on the neck, shoulders, belly, or any other part of the body.
Argan Oil Benefits for Hair
Argan Oil is rich in fatty acids that prevent your hair from becoming dry. It also treats scalp and moisturizes it deeply to avoid scalp issues. The various properties of this oil that were discussed above bestows your hair with these benefits:
- Makes Hair Lustrous: Vitamin E present in argan oil ensures that the texture of your hair remains smooth and healthy. Also, the fatty acids nourish the hair follicles and stop them from becoming dry and rough. As a result, your hair becomes lustrous and silky soft by including argan oil in your hair care recipes.
- Protects from Heat Damage: The essential fatty acids like linoleic, oleic, and palmitic acid fortify and nourish your hair. By doing so, they ensure that your hair remains protected from the harmful radiation of the sun. Therefore, damage caused due to heat is minimized and your hair remains soft and smooth for a long time.
- Nourishes Scalp & Prevents Dandruff: Dandruff is caused due to excessive dryness of the scalp. By infusing your scalp with the necessary nutrition, argan oil prevents it from becoming scaly or patchy. As a result, the dandruff formation process is significantly slowed down. It also nourishes the scalp and treats dandruff and scalp irritation effectively.
- Locks Moisture in Hair: Argan Oil creates a protective layer on your hair strands and prevents them from becoming dull and dry. It also locks in moisture and reduces damage caused due to heat, wind, and other environmental factors. This keeps your hair shiny and soft throughout the day.
- Promotes Hair Regrowth: Hair requires regular attention and complete care. By nourishing your hair, argan oil ensures that issues like hair fall are reduced. Moreover, it also replenishes the scalp and creates a supportive ground for healthy and quick growth of hair. Therefore, it is often added to hair growth formulas.
Argan Oil maintains a good health of your skin and hair. However, you should always take the necessary precautions while using any ingredient for your skin and hair. For example, you must make sure that the argan oil you purchase does not contain any fillers and chemicals.
Purchase preservative-free argan oil made from Argan fruit kernels and use it for your hair and skin care routine regularly. You will notice good results if you blend it with other natural oils and ingredients like Avocado Oil, Body Butter, etc. Finally, take extra care of your skin and hair this winter by supporting them with natural and organic argan oil.