Candle meditation, also known as candle gazing, is a beautiful approach to meditation that is both quiet and meaningful. This is a low-tech yet very effective approach to relaxation for anyone who struggles with meditation and doesn't want to be linked to an app.
Candle meditation, like other types of meditation, offers a lot of advantages that just require you to rest your eyes on the gradual flicker of the flame. Simple. In this post, we will tell you all that there is to know about candle meditation and its many benefits.
Benefits of Candles For Meditation
Candle meditation is supposed to aid in the development of intuition and life force. In addition, it provides mental and physical benefits. Candle meditation, also known as Trataka, is a popular practice for beginners and a warm-up for a more intense meditation session. Its advantages are vast and fascinating:
- Reduces Anxiety: When you generally suffer from anxiety, it might be difficult to go into a state of calmness when you begin your meditation. When individuals try to meditate, this is frequently the first obstacle they encounter. Candle meditation is extremely useful and beneficial for meditation because of this.
- Revitalizes Your Body: The calm that comes with candlelight meditation helps your body rest and relieves mental and physical strain. This rest allows the body to renew itself, and you will feel rejuvenated when you emerge from the meditation. While all types of meditation techniques have a rejuvenating impact, candle meditation takes it a step further.
- Better Clarity And Decision Making: Candle meditation helps you take in the moment's beauty while letting go of whatever emotional or mental baggage you may be carrying. You'll be in a better mentality to make decisions since it helps to untangle the jumble of ideas and anxieties in your mind. It will improve clarity and focus.
- Inner Peace And Understanding: Another advantage of candlelight meditation is that it allows you to relax your thoughts and emotions while deepening your awareness of inner peace. In addition, this practice can lead you to a better understanding of yourself.
- Improved Vision: While candle meditation, your eyes will tear up. The tears you make will assist in cleansing your eyes of any dirt or pollutants. While there is no scientific evidence to support it, many people have stated that one of the long-term advantages of candle gazing meditation is reducing their short-sightedness.
Choosing Right Candle Color For Meditation
You will be gazing at and focusing on the candle while meditating. Colors have symbolic significance and may unleash various energies. Read on to find out more about the most popular candle colors signify.
- Orange: Orange will give you a brand new perspective. Orange candles help you not only regain your strength and connection to the outside world, but you'll also start to tell everyone about this miracle. The most important thing to remember is that when you are overflowing with energy, you must know how to channel it properly; good acts will only serve to empower you.
- Green: Meditation with a green candle will clean you of superfluous emotions, ground you, and help you see the issue in a more positive light. It will also help you heal past hurts and move forward without putting too much strain on your spirit.
- Light Blue: You don't understand the meaning of life, and severe despair chokes you and keeps you from focusing on what matters most? This vicious spiral of self-torture can be broken by meditating with a bright blue candle. It will help you see the world from a new perspective, bring joy into your life, and help you recover from severe depression.
- White: Do you feel like you're desperate for a reboot? The meditation with a white candle is maybe one of the most profound. It is great for enlightenment. Meditation aids in the understanding of oneself, one's fate, and the wise management of one's strengths. It will also assist you in releasing negative ideas and preparing yourself for positive vibrations.
- Brown: Do you have self-doubt, a lack of self-confidence, and a sense of purpose? Regular brown candle meditations can help you acquire confidence in yourself and the capacity to defend your point of view and your position in the sun. In addition, the candle's brown hue helps to ground you, which is especially beneficial for those who spend more time in their dreams than in reality.
How To Do Candle Meditation - Step by step
To meditate with candles, you'll need to select a candle, create a soothing setting, and place the candle in the appropriate position. Then, after lighting the candle, quiet your thoughts and concentrate on the flame. Following is a detailed, step-by-step guide to help you do candle meditation.
Step 1: Choose A Quiet Room
Find a quiet spot to work for the duration of the session, which is usually 15 to 30 minutes. Choose a room that is devoid of traffic and loud noises from the rest of the home.
Step 2: Dim The Lights
Dim the lights in the room and close the window drapes before you begin meditating. In a dimly light space, it will be much simpler to focus on the candle. On the other hand, you may get eye strain if the room is excessively bright.
Step 3: Remove All Distractions
You want to cleanse your thoughts and concentrate entirely on the candle while you meditate. Turn off your phone and/or any other technology that could interfere with your meditation or relaxation.
Step 4: Wear Comfortable Clothes
While meditating, you should attempt to be as relaxed as possible. Your thoughts may divert and dwell on your discomfort if you are wearing uncomfortable apparel. Wear loose-fitting, flowing clothing across the waist, chest, and hips instead.
Step 5: Place The Candle At Eye Level
It is recommended that when using candles for meditation, you keep your eyes open and focus on the candle. The candle should be placed at eye level or just below eye level for the best comfort. You won't have to strain your neck looking up or down at the candle this way.
Step 6: Place The Candle 20” Away
Place the candle around 20 inches (50 cm) in front of where you intend to sit. If you bring the candle closer to your face, it may look excessively bright and may cause you to lose focus on your meditation.
Step 7: Be Comfortable
It's critical that you sit in a relaxed stance. For example, you can sit in a chair with your feet firmly planted on the ground and your back straight, or you may sit cross-legged on the ground with your back straight. On your lap, lay your hands in a comfortable position.
Step 8: Look At The Flame
When the candle is lit, look at it and let the flame fill your thoughts. The candlelight may cause your eyes to moisten at first, but this should subside as the session progresses.
Step 9: Focus And Clear Your Mind
Begin your meditation by breathing slowly and steadily while looking at the flame. Allow yourself to be immersed in the light's beauty, clarity, and purity. You'll discover that it's really simple to become lost in the flame. You'll also find that your mind begins to wander naturally. So bring your thoughts back to the flame every time your mind wanders.
Step 10: Blow Out The Candles Once Done
When you've completed meditating, make sure the candle is blown out, and the flame is extinguished. Candles may cause fires; thus, they should never be left alone. Before leaving the room, ensure all candles are out.
Meditation is a technique for clearing your thoughts and improving your attention. Lighting a candle and focusing on the flame is one technique to achieve this. When focused on the flame, many individuals find it much simpler to clear their minds.
Candles can also be used to assist create a peaceful atmosphere conducive to meditation. If you would like to personalize this experience, consider making your candles for meditation. It is very simple, and all the ingredients required for it can be bought right here, at VedaOils.