Have you wanted to expand your candle collection with diverse aromas of scented candles? If so, then Patchouli's scented candle is the one for you. Patchouli scented candles provide a variety of medicinal properties that you may use in your daily life. Its strong and earthy aroma can be invigorating, introspective, or restful to the senses.
It is one of the most popular aromatherapy candles since it aims to improve our emotional well-being. Making a patchouli-scented candle is a simple and enjoyable procedure. So, let's have a look at some various how to make patchouli-scented candles recipes.
Homemade Patchouli Scented Candle Making
Patchouli's scented candle has a powerful and relaxing aroma that will help you stay aware and concentrated, making it an instant mood enhancer. Light this candle to relax your nerves and have a better night's sleep. Let's have a look at patchouli scented candle making supplies:
Patchouli Scented Candle Supplies:
- Patchouli Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Soy Wax Flakes - 2 Cups
- Candle Jar
- Candle Wick
- Candle Dye
- Wick Sustainer
- Wooden Wick Holder
- Heat Resistant Glass Bowl
- Utensil for Double Boiler
- Wooden Spatula
Know About Patchouli Scented Candle Supplies
Patchouli scented candles have a rich sweet perfume that can help to settle your nerves after a long day. To relax and ease stress, use a handmade patchouli-scented candle. Let's take a closer look at the basic ingredients required to make Patchouli scented candles:
- Patchouli Essential Oil: Extracted from a plant in the mint family, Patchouli essential oil has a wonderful musky-earthy aroma that calms the nerves and provides deep relaxation. It is one of the most popular essential oils due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Aromatherapy is another popular application of this essential oil.
- Soy Wax Flakes: The wax is made from soybeans and is considered to be less harmful to the environment than other waxes. Soy wax flakes candles are scented with plant-derived essential oils and essential oil blends for a clean burn that makes the surroundings pleasant and delivers the advantages of aromatherapy.
- Candle Jars: Get candle jars at the grocery store or use the ones you have at home. Made of glass, these jars help cool the melted wax quickly and extend the life of your scented candles.
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder: The wooden wick holder is used to hold the wicks in their position. However, if you don't have one, you can also use wooden chopsticks.
- Candle Wicks: Candle wicks come in various shapes and varieties. Use cotton or wooden wicks as per your preference. Wooden wicks are preferred as they burn slowly and improve your candle's ability to retain the fragrance.
How To Make Patchouli Scented Candles - Step by step
You simply need a few basic items and your imagination to make your own homemade patchouli-scented candle at home. Follow the instructions below to manufacture your handmade Patchouli candles at home in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Melt The Soy Wax Flakes
Put the soy wax flakes-filled glass dish over a pot with about one-third of the water poured, producing a double boiler. Allow it to heat, occasionally stirring with a wooden spatula, until the wax is soft and pourable. Alternatively, you may melt the wax in the microwave, one minute at a time.
Step 2: Mix In The Patchouli Essential Oil With The Heated Wax
Allow your wax to cool for 1 to 2 minutes once it has completely melted. Stir in your Patchouli essential oil into the heated wax. Mix it thoroughly with delicate hands to ensure that the essential oil is properly blended.
Step 3: Add The Candle Dye Into The Melted Candle Mixture
Add a pinch of candle dye of your choice into the mixture of soy candle and essential oil. Mix the blend carefully until the color is dispersed evenly. You may use powdered or liquid candle color.
Step 4: Insert The Wick of The Candle Into The Candle Jar
Place the candle wick into the container. Put a little amount of wax in the center of the container's bottom. Insert the wick until it reaches the wax, allowing enough wick at the top to hang over the container's end.
Step 5: Use A Wick Holder To Secure The Candle
Hold the wick in place until the wax hardens, then use a wick holder to pinch the wick's top end and put it over the top of the container. This will help the wick to be centered and upright.
Step 6: Transfer The Molten Wax To The Candle Jar
Pour the wax over the top. Stir the wax until smooth, then carefully pour it into the container. Allow for some extra room at the top. Allow any excess wax to harden before storing it in a container for later use.
Step 7: Allow The Candle Wax To Cool
Allow the wax to harden overnight. Trim the excess wick the next day, and your Patchouli scented candle is ready to use.
Patchouli scented candles made with your creativity and hard work can be a perfect option to unwind after a long and stressful day. Handmade patchouli scented candles have a calming and relaxing aroma that helps to rejuvenate the mind, body, and soul.
Its therapeutic properties are also beneficial for health, unlike chemical-laden readymade scented candles. Looking for a place to buy high-quality candle-making supplies? Get your hands on VedaOils ingredients since they are 100% chemical and toxin-free. Happy Candle Making.