Lip balms are such beautiful creations that moisturise our lips and make them plump. There is numerous lip balms president in the market, but chemically made products often lead to side effects on the skin. Therefore, it is quite important to know your skin type and what all products suit your skin the best.
Natural products are made of all-natural ingredients that are 100 percent safe for all skin types. For example, have you ever heard of rose lip balm? Well, it is a lip balm with an outstanding aroma of roses to it? A most soothing and nourishing lip balm to be used on lips. You can now create a recipe for this at home in just a few easy steps. Do you want to know how? Then keep on reading to know more.
How to Make Natural Rose Lip Balm at Home
The times have changed, and now you can easily create rose lip balm at home with just a few easy steps to perform. All you need is some natural ingredients that would suit your skin type and help moisturise the lips at their best. Create your product and use it as often as you wish to. Below there’s a list of ingredients you need for the process, along with the recipe steps. Enjoy your recipe at home.
Natural DIY Rose Lip Balm Ingredients List
Ingredients plays an important role in creating any recipe. All the ingredients used to make rose lip balm are completely safe and natural to the skin. They have no side effects and make your lips nourished. Let’s check out the list of the needed ingredients below.
- Rose Flavor Oil - 2 Drops
- Shea Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Beeswax - 1 Tablespoon
- Pink Mica - ⅛ Tablespoon
Rose Lip Balm Recipe Ingredient Benefits
Knowing the ingredients used in the recipe is necessary as they play a crucial part in creating your product. You should primarily use the natural ingredients that suit your skin. There are a lot of benefits that the ingredients can provide you with. Knowing about them in detail helps give your lips and skin better nourishment. Let us know more about them below.
- Rose Flavor Oil: Rose flavor oil is rich in essential fatty acids that are very important for tissue and cell regeneration in the skin. It has antioxidants that heal the scars on the lips and moisturize them. The flavor oil also works as an antiseptic and fights all inflammations.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter has been used in beauty and cosmetic products as an ingredient for a long. It has a high concentration of Vitamins and essential fatty acids. The butter acts as an emollient on the skin and helps to soften the dry and cracked lips. The shea butter is effective in reducing swellings too.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin coconut oil is antiseptic and has useful fatty acids. It is anti-inflammatory and has anti-fungal properties. The oil helps treat skin conditions. The oil prevents skin and lips from infections and moisturizes it very well.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is a necessary ingredient in making lip balms. It acts as a strong protective barrier and is anti-inflammatory. It contains Vitamin A and is hypoallergenic. It has no side effects on any skin type. It is extremely aromatic. It is used in lip balms and provides a very good texture.
- Pink Mica: Mica is used in cosmetic products such as foundations, highlighters, concealers, lip glosses, etc. It provides a dewy finish to the lips and skin. As a result, it creates an illusion of smoother, softer, and radiant lips. In addition, the pink mica gives a texture and tint of rose to the lips and makes them healthier looking.
Homemade Rose Lip Balm - Step by Step
In the whole process of creating a rose lip balm at home, the recipe of it plays a significant role. Follow the process step by step and include all the necessary ingredients. The steps help simplify the recipe of rose lip balm and provide you with the best result product suiting your skin type.
Step 1: Wash all the equipment well and allow them to dry. Then measure the ingredients and melt virgin coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter in a double boiler.
Step 2: After melting the ingredients completely, pour the mixture in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of rose flavor oil along with ⅛ tablespoon of pink mica.
Step 3: Stir the ingredients well and let them cool before proceeding to the next step. Then, pour the product into glass jars or tins and put them into the fridge.
Step 4: Carefully place the lip balm in the fridge and allow it to cool for the next 30 minutes.
Step 5: To avoid dents, place lids in your lip balm and then use it to moisturize your lips.
Rose lip balm is very easy to make at home. All you need is some natural ingredients that suit your skin type and follow step by step. Creating a rose lip balm for yourself is very effective and beneficial to your skin and lips. The rose lip balm has an amazing aroma of roses with a pink rosy tint. In addition, the lip balm helps in nourishing cracked and dry lips. If you haven’t tried the recipe for rose lip balm yet, then give it a try today.