The winter months can cause dry and chapped lips. And since no one likes scratchy, cracked, or parched lips, you can soothe and comfort them with this simple DIY peppermint lip balm recipe. Peppermint aids in the healing of cracked and dried lips, which is why it is used as a bioactive compound in chapsticks and lip balms.
Due to the healing and calming impact of the menthol in the oil, it may be used on wind-chapped or sunburned lips to provide a soothing and rejuvenating impact on the body. In this blog, we'll introduce you to a convenient and simple DIY peppermint lip balm recipe rich in nourishing ingredients that provide an appearance of healthy-looking lips.
Benefits of using Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
Peppermint Lip Balm is one of those beauty products that should be on everyone’s must-have list because it is an all-in-one solution for additional hydration, nutrition, and protection for your lips. Here are some of the benefits of using peppermint lip balm:
- Soft and Plump Lips: Peppermint lip balm promotes blood circulation and makes the lips appear well covered and wider. It is a natural and temporary technique of making the lips look plump and thicker. It also nourishes and soothes the lips, making them soft, supple, and smooth. Because of bioactive components, this lip balm provides a tingling and cooling feeling on the lips.
- Moisturisation and Hydration: In comparison to our face skin, the skin on our lips is more fragile and delicate; therefore, They have a proclivity for peeling and cracking easily. These problems frequently result in dry, cracked lips. However, peppermint lip balm can naturally moisturize and hydrate the lips by infusing important nutrients into the skin. It also contributes to the appearance of moist and nourished lips.
- Prevents Dryness: Peppermint lip balm is quite high in omega-3 fatty acids, which means that it can help to moisturize and nourish dry lips. It also contains Vitamin C, which can shield the skin of your lips from UV damage. This lip balm also has analgesic characteristics that help to relieve discomfort caused by dryness and cracks in the lips.
- Treats Lip Pigmentation and Discoloration: Regular use of peppermint lip balm might aid in the reduction of dark and discolored lips. The natural compounds present in peppermint function effectively in lightening treatment. It reduces the dark color on the lips by treating pigmentation and discoloration. This lip balm also aids in the restoration of the natural pink color of the lips.
Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm Ingredients
Making your peppermint lip balm is a lot of fun! Crafting your lip balm is not as difficult as it may appear, and it'll save you money in the long run. It's also a fantastic idea present! Let's get started on making this easy and soothing lip balm.
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Natural Beeswax - 2 Tablespoons
- Peppermint Flavor Oil - 15 Drops
- Shea Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Lip Balm Container
- Glass Bowl
- Sauce Pan
Know Ingredient Facts of DIY Peppermint Lip Balm
Let go through more about the key elements in DIY Peppermint lip balm since it is always a good idea to learn the benefits and applications of the ingredients you use to produce a recipe:
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an ultra-moisturizing and nourishing ingredient that helps to make the lips moist, soft, and supple. It is also rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is an excellent core ingredient of lip balm since it is soothing, antimicrobial, protecting your lips. It is also incredibly convenient to use owing to its stable nature.
- Peppermint Flavor Oil: Peppermint is a flavor oil with significant calming and soothing qualities. This oil can help prevent chapping and cracking of the lips caused by dryness.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter in lip balm is excellent for healing and safeguarding cracked and chapped lips. It also leaves a smooth and velvety feeling on the lips, making them seem luscious and fuller.
DIY Peppermint Flavor Oil Lip Balm Recipe - Step by Step
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make DIY Peppermint Lip balm at your home. Remember, this recipe makes one lip balm container, but you can double or triple the number of ingredients used if you want to create more!
Step 1: Create a double boiler to melt the Ingredients
Start by combining the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in a glass bowl. Now fill 1/3 of a saucepan with water for double boiling. Heat over low flame until all ingredients are fully melted.
Step 2: Add Peppermint Flavor Oil to the Mixture
Add 10-15 drops of peppermint flavor oil to your mixture and thoroughly mix it in. You may adjust the amount to get a stronger or weaker peppermint aroma.
Step 3: Allow the ingredients to cool down a bit
After thoroughly combining all of the components, allow the mixture to cool down a bit. Remember that the mixture should be warm enough to pour readily.
Step 4: Pour the lip balm mixture into the container.
Now carefully pour the mixture into the container. You can also pour it using glass droppers so that it does not get messy.
Step 5: Allow the peppermint lip balm to set.
Allow the lip balm to firm fast inside the container by keeping it inside the fridge for about 10 minutes. Then leave it outside until it reaches room temperature. Viola! Your peppermint lip balm is now ready to use.
How to Apply Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
During the cold and dry weather, everyone likes lip balm. But applying it appropriately is a crucial part of maintaining your lips and mouth healthy. Read the following tips to get the most out of your peppermint lip balm:
- Apply Peppermint Lip Balm using your index finger. Begin from the middle of the lower lip and then make your way outward to the corners. Apply it evenly on the lips.
- Now rub your lips together gently so that the lip balm can transfer to the upper lip too.
- You can add more layers of lip balm according to your preference.
- If you are wearing lipstick, use the lip balm beforehand and let it sit for a few minutes. This will allow the moisturizing ingredients to make the lips soft, supple, and plump.
Safety Notes: DIY Peppermint Lip Balm
- Remember to wash your hands properly before applying the lip balms with your fingers. This will prevent any bacterial or microbial infections.
- You will feel a little tingling sensation after applying this lip balm. In case you feel any extreme kind of irritation or itchiness, remove it quickly using cold water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions section for Peppermint Lip Balm! If you have any questions or concerns about our peppermint lip balm product, you've come to the right place. Below, you'll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our peppermint lip balm.
Q. Are peppermint lip balm good for your lips?
A: Peppermint Lip balm has potent moisturizing and healing properties, which makes the lips nourished. It also soothes and heals dry, chapped, and cracked lips.
Q. Can a peppermint lip balm make lips pink?
A: The Bioactive compounds present in Peppermint lip balm help lighten the pigmentation and darkness on the lips, and it also naturally nourishes the lips to make them appear pink.
Q. Can peppermint lip balm help cold sores?
A: Peppermint Lip balm possesses antiviral, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties that help heal cold sores.
Q. Why does peppermint lip balm tingle?
A: Peppermint lip balm has a tingling sensation because it stimulates blood circulation, making the lips look fuller and plumper.
Making your own DIY peppermint lip balms is a fun activity for both experienced and beginner crafters. And the greatest thing about crafting lip balms at home is that you have the option of changing the color, texture, and moisture content. The DIY peppermint lip balm contains several health advantages that help your lips seem smooth, supple, and nourished. It also contains a natural smell that gives the lip balm a luxurious and opulent feel.