Candles beautify our home space with their aroma and essence. You must have tried numerous candles from different types of markets, but have you ever tried making your homemade candles?
If not, then DIY to make lemon-scented candles is very easy and effective in the environment. Let us know more about the process of making lemon-scented candles in this blog.
What Are Lemon Candles Good For?
Lemon candles are good for a lot of things. Lemon healing candles help improve concentration, increase awareness, and improve the overall mood of the person.
The candles also energize the being and reduce stress and anxiety from within. The lemon candles help to refresh the mind and remove negative feelings. The candles are refreshing, and the aroma takes away all the tension.
- Aromatherapy: Lemon candles are used in aromatherapy as they calm the mind and soul. The candles have a very refreshing aroma that distresses the person from within and uplifts the mood instantly. The lemon candles relax the muscles and body pain.
- Mood Boosting: Lemon candles are the ultimate natural candles that uplift the mood instantly. The candles help in boosting the overall mood of the person and relax the mind. It enhances the ability to think positively and brings a mood of happiness.
- Uni-focus: Lemon-scented candles are very good for lit and enhancing focus. If you do not have good concentration power on things, then a lemon candle helps in setting the overall focus and awakens your mind.
- Helps Nausea: If you suffer from nausea at times, then lemon candles could take away the symptoms of cold, cough, and nausea issues. The candles enhance the overall strength of the body and make you feel calm.
- Cleanse Environment: Lemon-scented candles help to cleanse the environment effectively. The lemon candles are very refreshing and uplift the overall energy in the environment. The candles cleanse the overall air of the premises it is kept.
DIY Homemade Lemon Scented Candle
Homemade lemon-scented candles are perfect for adorning your premises. The candles, when lit, help immensely in cleansing the air and distressing the person. The candles are refreshing and can be made with a few easy steps. Let us check out candle making supplies about the same below.
Lemon Candle Supplies:
- Lemon Essential Oil - 22 Drops
- Soy Wax Flakes - 1 Cup
- Glass Candle Jar
- Pre Waxed Candle Wick
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder
- Double Boiler
Know About Lemon Scented Candle Supplies
Knowing about the supplies and ingredients used in the recipe is important. In addition, you would get to know a lot about the benefits you can get from making the lemon candles at home. Let us know more about the candle supplies below.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon essential oil is a very effective oil that reduces anxiety and depression. The lemon-scented candles relieve tension and improve cold symptoms. The lemon candle will make you feel energized and helps you sleep better at night.
- Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax flakes are a natural biodegradable resource. The wax has a lower melting point and is used in candles. Soy candles burn slower with zero petro shoot. The wax makes candles sustainable for a long.
- Pre-Waxed Candlewick: A cotton pre-waxed candlewick is used to fit the container with a little extra length for the candle set.
- Glass Jar: For unique edge and shape, use a glass candle jar like a Yankee candle jar.
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder: A wooden candle wick holder is a thin wooden stick that is used to hold the candle.
How To Make Lemon Scented Candles - Step by step
The procedure of making lemon-scented candles is very easy and involves a few steps. The candles can be made with natural ingredients and involve candle-making supplies. The recipe is very effective and provides a lot of benefits. Let us check out the directions to create this recipe.
Step 1: Melt The Wax
In a heat-resistant dish, combine 1 cups of natural soy wax flakes. Melt the wax in a double boiler until it is totally melted into a liquid.
Step 2: Prepare Candle Jar of Wick
Begin by pouring one drop of candle wax on the candle wick tabs to attach it with candle jars, then place the candle wick in the center of the container and use a candle wick holder to hold the wick in place.
Step 3: Add Essential Oils
Add 22 drops of cedarwood essential oil to the melted wax. Mix them carefully for an amazing aroma of the cedarwood. You can use as much oil as you like, it depends upon how much fragrance you want.
Step 4: Pour The Wax
Fill the prepared jars with the fragrant melted candle wax.
Step 5: Cure The Wax
Allow candle wax to cool and solidify for at least 24-48 hours before using. When the candle wax curing process has set completely, it will turn white as soy wax flakes are white in color.
Step 6: Trim The Wick
After curing and solidifying of candles, Trim the extra length of the wick with a pair of scissors to shorten it.
Lemon-scented candles are amazing to keep at home and inhale their refreshing aroma. The candles are very beneficial as they help relax the mind and soul.
The candles reduce stress and anxiety from within. If you haven't made these candles already, then try them today and spread the aroma of positivity all around your premises.